Best Thread How To Make Money Trading The Markets.

Now here is NSR from today found pre-market as a huge gap down stock.
It was a fast mover !
Another key for me is to make a decision and execute it immediately, no er-ing and argh-ing . That's difficult when you start out, but like with most things you get better and better with practice.
Concentrate on limiting the losers to small amounts and the profits take care of themselves.
+103c per share

Attachments

• 300114NSR.PNG
    300114NSR.PNG
    11.5 KB · Views: 298
dojistar started a thread about scanners http://www.trade2win.com/boards/stocks/183464-scanners-daytrading-us-stocks.html

so I thought I'd mention that I find the interactivebrokers scanner very useful and free with an account !
Here's a bread and butter trade from today using the particular set up in this thread. I found the stock using a simple scan then eye balling the chart.....what's not to like? :)

Attachments

• 190214MYL.PNG
    190214MYL.PNG
    11.6 KB · Views: 296
Why risk your own money when you can con people into trading CFD's and charge them a commission and £50 open / £50 close like Logic Investments of London who have the ethics of drug dealers towards their clients and use the media to advertise free reports on oil or any other commodity to get around FCA rules on cold calling, easy money and no risk for the broker!
"Churning the shares" something that the media who want to sell advertising assist the brokers and Market Makers with in order to create a bit of panic amongst private investors so that they trade and then the brokers get their commission.
If these experts know so much then they would be trading themselves on their own advice instead of trying to make sales out of private investors!
Worse thing I ever did was to get persuaded after 3 months of daily phone calls by a chatty chap (Darren) or his rude mate Shamir) of Logic Investments of London to open an advisory CFD or Contract For Difference trading account which runs on a 10% leverage principle, most trades in the city are run like this now because No Tax or Stamp Duty is paid to the government, If you have a £100 to invest this turns into a £1000 with a CFD leverage so increasing greatly your possible profit, but also increasing by even more your possible loss because you have the brokers £50 open and £50 close position plus commission to pay each trade and if you keep the position open overnight the interest meter starts clicking so you are paying interest on the loan by the minute 24/7 on shares that are in loss times 10!
So in 12 months I lost more than in 12 years of trading myself by taking the advice of Logic Investments who wanted me to trade as many times as possible each day and every trade they got paid whether it went right or wrong, it is a complete but legal way of scamming private investors.
So I now do my own trading and have turned things around by using the principles taught to me years ago by a respectable old broker with principles and integrity towards his clients, sadly qualities that have no place in the city trading world of today as I found out, but it was a lesson well learnt albeit an expensive one and I now try to stop other people falling into the same trap that I did which is very satisfying!

I don't understand what's that got to do with the topic ?

Sorry about your loss ...

Last edited:
ballard, you say elsewhere on this board,
"Hello, I'm Ballard - the love child of Albert Labos and Skimbleshanks. If you're watching, "Hi Mom! Hi Pop!".

I do not believe you ! I have spent an afternoon with Skimbleshanks and several with Albert and you are NOT their child !!!
Apart from anything else you would not have posted that you can't see the breakout !
Anyway, welcome to t2w :LOL::p

Last edited:
dojistar started a thread about scanners http://www.trade2win.com/boards/stocks/183464-scanners-daytrading-us-stocks.html

so I thought I'd mention that I find the interactivebrokers scanner very useful and free with an account !
Here's a bread and butter trade from today using the particular set up in this thread. I found the stock using a simple scan then eye balling the chart.....what's not to like? :)

thanks for taking the time to post these set-ups mr charts. read from start to finish a few weeks ago - a really concise & logical intraday trade set up for catching momentum runs. i trade uk stocks mostly (though i fully understand the reasons for favouring u.s) but have still been finding great low risk/high reward trades most days. wtb, kaz & jup all played out very well for me using this specific approachtoday...! anyway, great thread, thanks - been very useful.

thanks for taking the time to post these set-ups mr charts. read from start to finish a few weeks ago - a really concise & logical intraday trade set up for catching momentum runs. i trade uk stocks mostly (though i fully understand the reasons for favouring u.s) but have still been finding great low risk/high reward trades most days. wtb, kaz & jup all played out very well for me using this specific approachtoday...! anyway, great thread, thanks - been very useful.

It's my pleasure and I'm pleased you've found the thread useful.
Richard

Hi Mr Richard, greetings from Singapore.

Finally catch up on this thread, I want to express my appreciation for your effort and sharing here, I believe I had learned very useful concepts from you. I spent my first dollar in the market year 2004 and started turning active trading 2012. I'm not trading full time for a living but it is becoming an important part of my work, I hope I can eventually fulfill the target of earning an income from it.

I'd done 3 trades on Citi using your method although not really following it 100%, I believe my experience played a part in the trades. I do not scan for potential trades as I currently trade only the Financial sector.

Mar 06th
Entered US time 10:36 at $49.98
Exited US time 10:55 at $50.02
Profit $0.04c per share

Mar 07th
Entered US time 10:16 at $50.04
Exited US time 10:25 at price $50.10
Profit $0.06c per share

Entered US time 11:24 at $49.53
Exited US time 11:30 at price $49.63
Profit $0.10c per share

Looking forward to learning more from you and the traders in T2W.
I wish you well and good luck trading Year 2014
Anthony Z

Here's one from today.

ABX opened, went up, pulled back a little, then broke out with rising candles.
All nice and clean and clear.
The ATR was low so it moved slowly and safely. That means it is extremely unlikely it would move suddenly and violently against you. Which in turn means you could trade a larger position size and still keep risk within your chosen maximum $ risk per trade.

ABX was on my pre-market alert list as I knew gold futures were nicely up before open and I know from experience ABX tends to move well early on in such circumstances.

All I had to do was wait for one of my set ups (in this case the particular method in this thread).
I didn't even need any Level1/2 T&S skills for the entry.
This is not rocket science.

+20c per share

Attachments

• 020414ABX.PNG
    020414ABX.PNG
    13 KB · Views: 324
piggybridges,
That LQDT trade was mentioned in my daily trade listing on my open web site.

rob0003,
That trade was taken using one of the different methods I use, not the one on this thread.

piggybridges,
That LQDT trade was mentioned in my daily trade listing on my open web site.

rob0003,
That trade was taken using one of the different methods I use, not the one on this thread.

Interesting.
I took LQDT yesterday.

PS - Open website link?

Last edited:
Mr Charts, how do you sift through hundreds of stock charts for the day's likely prospects? Do you always use 1-minute candles and trade through from 14.00 - 21.00, UK time? Thanks.

Sharescope sent me this email today on what they offer but presumably American data-mining companies offer similar software.

Sadly a Mac version of Sharescope does not exist and there are no
current plans to develop a version specifically for Mac.

Our developers are working on a web based version of ShareScope. Once
available, one will be able to use ShareScope on any device with a web
browser i.e. Mac or iPad/tablet. Expected release is later this year (2014).

Realtime analysis is possible within ShareScope Pro only. ShareScope
Plus offers a 15 minute delayed price feed but Plus does NOT include
delayed NYSE prices.

The data mining tool can be used to filter for profitable shares.

Last edited:
anthz and rob0003,
Thanks for your kind words.

piggybridges,
"PS - Open website link?"

If I told you that a mod would pounce and ban me for advertising ! You have to be so so careful not to offend him/them.
Just try Google.....

trevor2522,
I have mentioned scanning earlier in the thread.
I use 1 minute and 3 minute candles as can also be seen earlier in the thread.

I killed UAL and MYL today. Best day of the week for me.
I tend to do better on days when the futures has a decent gap either way.
When the futures open flat, I tend to struggle.
Could be coincidental at this stage, as i've only recently begun dipping my toes in the equities pond.

Here's one from today.

ABX opened, went up, pulled back a little, then broke out with rising candles.
All nice and clean and clear.
The ATR was low so it moved slowly and safely. That means it is extremely unlikely it would move suddenly and violently against you. Which in turn means you could trade a larger position size and still keep risk within your chosen maximum $ risk per trade.

ABX was on my pre-market alert list as I knew gold futures were nicely up before open and I know from experience ABX tends to move well early on in such circumstances.

All I had to do was wait for one of my set ups (in this case the particular method in this thread).
I didn't even need any Level1/2 T&S skills for the entry.
This is not rocket science.

+20c per share

Mr Charts, do you mean these rising candles?
020414ABX.PNG

Last edited:
Mr charts:
How many 'core stocks' do you watch at the moment.
Can you share some of the symbols?
I used to look at certain 'core' stocks back when I was interested in equities, but a lot of the same stocks don't really move like they used to, and some don't even seem to exist anymore!

Mr charts:
How many 'core stocks' do you watch at the moment.
Can you share some of the symbols?
I used to look at certain 'core' stocks back when I was interested in equities, but a lot of the same stocks don't really move like they used to, and some don't even seem to exist anymore!

Hi piggybridges,

I had the same experience as you and no longer have a core stock list.
Richard

I think the more stocks one can watch is better. I trade patterns so I really do not care much about the stock as I do the quality of the pattern I'm trading. I tend to watch all of the NYSE and DOW.