Best Thread How To Make Money Trading The Markets.

I am a big fan of Mr. Charts. Having only joined the site a few weeks back I have insufficient history to comment authoritatively on anything much at all with respect to what’s gone down in the past and a freely admitted amateur status as far as trading goes. However, this is one of the few threads I have read in its entirety. And found the effort more than worthwhile.

Mr. Charts has been one of a number of individuals who have been unstintingly helpful to the point I am embarrassed to have taken so freely of their time and knowledge and experience without any hope of ever being able to return the favour. They’ve all taken the time, their time, to help me.

I’ve not entered this fray before for the reasons given above, and I subscribe to the belief that the best way to deal with negative energy is to ignore it until it goes away to bother someone else. But really, is it so tough to stay away if you don’t like the topic, the poster, the content, the way the content is provided, the style? It’s about as sensible as going on holiday to a place you didn’t like the last time you were there. I’ve also responded out of irritation at having to read countless pointless posts to find the odd one or two that are on topic. Do the moderators not feel it would be appropriate to weed out off topic posts? Including this one if a clean-up is to occur of course.

This genuine on topic content of this thread is a continuing source of education and interest to many and while I am in no position to recommend anything to anyone, it does seem rather counterproductive for those who have nothing positive to say and a complete waste of their own time to continue with this pointless irritation. If you haven’t made your point to any satisfactory conclusion (for you) by now, then you’re never going to. More of an issue is that you are developing a profile which probably does not do you justice. When you come to post something that would in other circumstances be considered pertinent, useful and interesting it will carry the flavour of your behaviour in this thread and be dismissed accordingly. What a waste for all.

5. Lastly, here's an acid test to apply to any post made by any vendor on any forum on the web. Having read the post(s) of the vendor that you find unacceptable, ask yourself this question: 'Would the post(s) become acceptable if they were posted by a non-vendor?' If the answer is 'yes', then chances are that your issue is likely (not all the time or every time) to be with the messenger and not with the message. T2W will be a better forum, the content will be better - and we will all get along much better - if we all consciously focus on the message and not on the messenger!
Tim.

Fair points but posting "after the event" setups and calls isn't acceptable from anyone vendor or not , it proves nothing and it's worthless to say the least , the other day everyone jumped over a vendor because of a 20 min delay in his calls , now the thread is closed and member banned which is good :

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/forex/172048-how-make-5-per-month-trading-forex-market.html

That being said i've changed my mind this thread here is great (y) because just yesterday i sold Gold at 1600 and took profit at 1350 , my stop was just $ 1 :) .

Hi tar,
Fair points but posting "after the event" setups and calls isn't acceptable from anyone vendor or not , it proves nothing and it's worthless to say the least. . .
It may not be acceptable to you - and that's fine - but it's perfectly acceptable to me and to T2W, as there's nothing in either the Community Constitution or the Site Guidelines that rules against it. Any member that shares your views can take the very sound advice offered by Purple Brain and vote with their mouse and click on a different thread - one to their liking. Leave this thread and others like it to those that think it has value.

. . .the other day everyone jumped over a vendor because of a 20 min delay in his calls , now the thread is closed and member banned which is good
As a former Mod you'll know better than me – so please correct me if I’m wrong – but my understanding is that the OP of the thread you link to was banned and his thread closed not because of the 20 min’ delay in his calls – but because of what Mods refer to as ‘Ad-ish posting’? If Mr. C’ behaved in this way then, presumably, he could expect a similar fate. If Mods put Mr. C’ in the same bracket as the banned member then, at the very least, one would expect to see Mr. C’s posts edited or deleted and infraction points awarded. This doesn’t appear to have happened. If you and others feel the Mods aren’t doing what you’d expect, please see point No. 2 in my last post. IMO, the reason I suspect the Mods don’t take any action against Mr. C' is twofold. Firstly, Mr. C’ is not in breach of any of the site guidelines and, secondly, the methodology outlined here is self contained and provided completely free of charge. Of course, members can still lose money attempting to trade the methodology described, but not a cent of it will end up in Mr. C's pocket.
Tim.

Hi tar,

It may not be acceptable to you - and that's fine - but it's perfectly acceptable to me and to T2W, as there's nothing in either the Community Constitution or the Site Guidelines that rules against it. Any member that shares your views can take the very sound advice offered by Purple Brain and vote with their mouse and click on a different thread - one to their liking. Leave this thread and others like it to those that think it has value.

As a former Mod you'll know better than me – so please correct me if I’m wrong – but my understanding is that the OP of the thread you link to was banned and his thread closed not because of the 20 min’ delay in his calls – but because of what Mods refer to as ‘Ad-ish posting’? If Mr. C’ behaved in this way then, presumably, he could expect a similar fate. If Mods put Mr. C’ in the same bracket as the banned member then, at the very least, one would expect to see Mr. C’s posts edited or deleted and infraction points awarded. This doesn’t appear to have happened. If you and others feel the Mods aren’t doing what you’d expect, please see point No. 2 in my last post. IMO, the reason I suspect the Mods don’t take any action against Mr. C' is twofold. Firstly, Mr. C’ is not in breach of any of the site guidelines and, secondly, the methodology outlined here is self contained and provided completely free of charge. Of course, members can still lose money attempting to trade the methodology described, but not a cent of it will end up in Mr. C's pocket.
Tim.

Hi Tim you didn't get my points i am sorry my fault , when i said it isn't acceptable i didn't mean it is a breach of T2W site guidelines nor i implied that mods didn't take action here - i was a mod and i didn't take action here either - or MR C should be banned or his thread deleted , no , i'm just pointing out that posting these calls isn't acceptable in the trading industry because it is done in hindsight so it proves nothing and it means nothing , and yes Kevo was banned because of his adish posting i am aware of that but the point was members didn't give him a break and didn't leave him alone when he posted "after the event" calls , i'm just trying to make a comparison here , bottom line each to their own and constructive criticism should be acceptable in this thread like in other threads as well .

how the **** are you supposed to make live calls while trading on 1M charts

I get your point , i'm not interested if MR C makes some live calls here or not - but maybe some potential clients would care - , but lets face it you cant make "after the event calls" for years and don't expect some criticism .

Hi Tim you didn't get my points i am sorry my fault , when i said it isn't acceptable i didn't mean it is a breach of T2W site guidelines nor i implied that mods didn't take action here - i was a mod and i didn't take action here either - or MR C should be banned or his thread deleted , no , i'm just pointing out that posting these calls isn't acceptable in the trading industry because it is done in hindsight so it proves nothing and it means nothing , and yes Kevo was banned because of his adish posting i am aware of that but the point was members didn't give him a break and didn't leave him alone when he posted "after the event" calls , i'm just trying to make a comparison here , bottom line each to their own and constructive criticism should be acceptable in this thread like in other threads as well .

I think the difference here is that some "vendors" post hindsight calls, with no hint as to how they were achieved, hoping to hook the non discerning mug into buying said vendors signals or undisclosed system.
Mr. C, on the other hand, posts trades that show an approach that can be replicated by the intelligent trader. True, he would like people to sign up no doubt, but that doesn't preclude the fact that his posted trades are transparent to an experienced trader. Likewise,Captain Forex posts hindsight trades, together with reasoning, which an intelligent person can adopt as their own approach, albeit he also has a paid course should one wish to take it. Both approaches are not "systems" which are traded blindly but rely upon a large amount of discretion on the part of the trader.
However, you are right to raise concerns about new "vendors" that pop up regularly on T2W since many are either blatant or suble "scams".

It's not even relevant if he makes money off the method. Even if he was making 6 figures a day, doesn't mean someone else could emulate it.

The method is so simple, I don't see why someone wouldn't just try it and see if it works for them and adapt it to the personality.

All the complaining is for nothing.

If you really wanted proof of whether/not it works why not start a journal and show us what happens when you do try and trade it? Everyone's happy to chuck some rocks but no one will spend five minutes trying to find their own proof.

There is no issue here at all. If his calls are not live, then people can't copy them anyway!

I'd be more concurred by a vendor actually trying to push live copy cat calls to people on this site

There is no problem with people announcing what open positions they have. Thats part of the fan!

It's not even relevant if he makes money off the method. Even if he was making 6 figures a day, doesn't mean someone else could emulate it.

The method is so simple, I don't see why someone wouldn't just try it and see if it works for them and adapt it to the personality.

All the complaining is for nothing.

If you really wanted proof of whether/not it works why not start a journal and show us what happens when you do try and trade it? Everyone's happy to chuck some rocks but no one will spend five minutes trying to find their own proof.

Agree it is irrelevant if whether he does make money from it or not , but if that's the case with his real live trading then it is also irrelevant if whether he can make money with "after the event" calls or not .Hope it is clear now .

Hi tar,
. . . i'm just pointing out that posting these calls isn't acceptable in the trading industry because it is done in hindsight so it proves nothing and it means nothing . . .
I agree with the point highlighted in blue and I suspect Mr. C' would agree with it too. But I also believe that live calls are equally meaningless and prove nothing other than that the member who posts them may make or lose money trading their methodology. However, it doesn't mean that I'll be able to trade it! All I care about and, I wager, all any member cares about, is whether or not a particular methodology will work for me. And there's only one way to find out. When I place my trade, the market doesn't care two hoots that the methodology I'm trying to emulate is based on live calls, hindsight calls or any other type of calls! Therefore, with the obvious exception of a vendor providing a signals service, for my money there's nothing inherently better, more meaningful or acceptable about trades called live than there is about ones posted in hindsight.
Tim.

There is no issue here at all. If his calls are not live, then people can't copy them anyway!

I'd be more concurred by a vendor actually trying to push live copy cat calls to people on this site

There is no problem with people announcing what open positions they have. Thats part of the fan!

totally agree but just to add,if they start making claims then they should have to back it up or face ridicule.

I've got a day off work today, so i'm demo trading my own interpretation of Mr charts method today.

Reactions: D70
Only chart worth showing is the one in this screen shot.
Other trades didn't really do anything for me.
+24
+192

Total = +$156
Total pips = +28

Attachments

• cch.JPG
    cch.JPG
    91.3 KB · Views: 353