• New to T2W? Welcome! This forum contains a list of the most frequently asked questions (FAQs) that new members want answers to. We don't allow new threads to be created so if you have an idea for a new FAQ please post it in the How the FAQs work thread.

FAQ How Much Money Does a Trader Need To Start Trading?

I see.....

there are some a few good brokers around that are not taking the other side of your trade.....it is all part of the job shopping around...it is also important to choose a broker based on how we trade, some are good for scalping some are not because of the spread and so no.....

Now a days many offering a good spreads such a 0.0 to 0.1 But we need to check their reviews as well as regulation.

How much a trade should start with should be the amount the trader can afford to loose without entering into any financial disaster; personally, my first account was created on ********** with just $100, and that was the amount I could afford to loose as at that time.

newbie question. I took a trade on the USD.JPY I bought 25,000 @ 119.25 and closed @ 119.27, my PnL was showing Net $500. So I assumed that the .02 profit times the 25k was accurate PnL. Am I wrong with this. I now am being told that the $500 is JPY currency and therefore only worth $4.19

You definitely need to start with a small amount that it was not a pity to lose. But what would be a small amount - it is everyone decides for himself.

newbie question. I took a trade on the USD.JPY I bought 25,000 @ 119.25 and closed @ 119.27, my PnL was showing Net $500. So I assumed that the .02 profit times the 25k was accurate PnL. Am I wrong with this. I now am being told that the $500 is JPY currency and therefore only worth $4.19

Don't you mean you Sold 25000 USD/JPY 119.27 and then bought to cover at USD/JPY 119.25?

25000*119.27 = 2,981,750 JPY
2,981,750 / 119.25 = 25,004.19 USD - 25,000.00 USD = P&L 4.19 USD

How much a trade should start with should be the amount the trader can afford to loose without entering into any financial disaster; personally, my first account was created on ********** with just $100, and that was the amount I could afford to loose as at that time.

Most of the brocker allow you to open account free and minimum deposite depends on brocker to broker.maximum brocker help you to trade minimum $100 but it is very hard to become sucessful at this low amount.you must need to learn more about forex trading and risk management.

$100 e reasonable for the very beginning, but I suggest you to start with a demo for 1 month.

Before Better to Practice seriously for 6 Months or More Than Year on a Demo With 1000USD at 1:200 Leverage till they gain Good Knowledge

You can trade forex and stocks with $100 , but you need a $200K account to make a living ...

When you are going to trade at Real account go with the amount as much as you can afford even you loose ......I thought this may helps you to practice a lot on Real account with out tension.so Let's leave the words of Numbered suggestion like 300EURO 100USD 200kUSD .Follow My Suggestion

You need $5. If you cant trade with that, you cant trade with $5,000...

At the end of the day, a Pip is a Pip, and risk is lack of preparation.

To get good, you need to trade as if it was a "Get Rich quick scheme"..

Practice, Practice, Practice = PERFECTION.

You NEED FEAR IN THIS BUSINESS. YOU RISK IT ALL, if you blow your account, you lost $5, then you do it again.

It might take you 5 years, but you will get there, and practicing this method will make you sharp for the real road ahead, that being the big money, which can grow substantially in a short period.

MAKE YOUR TRADES COUNT,,,,,,, You wait hours and hours for a set-up, just to throw rubber bullets at the chart? Forget that, Throw the whole ball of wax at your ASSUMPTION of direction, and rake in the MONEY when your time comes.

You see, the path may beat you up day in and day out, but thru persistence and DESIRE to be stinkin, filthy, rich, you WILL Reap the benefits in a short time, WHEN THE PRACTICE is Done.

Can you make 2 billion starting with $1? Lets see!!!!

Remember, a Pip is a Pip, risk is lack of Preparation!!

You need $5. If you cant trade with that, you cant trade with $5,000...

At the end of the day, a Pip is a Pip, and risk is lack of preparation.

To get good, you need to trade as if it was a "Get Rich quick scheme"..

Practice, Practice, Practice = PERFECTION.

You NEED FEAR IN THIS BUSINESS. YOU RISK IT ALL, if you blow your account, you lost $5, then you do it again.

It might take you 5 years, but you will get there, and practicing this method will make you sharp for the real road ahead, that being the big money, which can grow substantially in a short period.

MAKE YOUR TRADES COUNT,,,,,,, You wait hours and hours for a set-up, just to throw rubber bullets at the chart? Forget that, Throw the whole ball of wax at your ASSUMPTION of direction, and rake in the MONEY when your time comes.

You see, the path may beat you up day in and day out, but thru persistence and DESIRE to be stinkin, filthy, rich, you WILL Reap the benefits in a short time, WHEN THE PRACTICE is Done.

Can you make 2 billion starting with $1? Lets see!!!!

Remember, a Pip is a Pip, risk is lack of Preparation!!

How refreshing! Just joined T2W today, and like it already!

exactly!! let it be 5 or 5000 there are things that are more valuable for a long term good career in forex, wining streak for one, thats why its not about how much you make, its more about how good your record is in a long term given number of months, i think.. :)

and I think $ 1,000 is enough to begin with, but the important thing is not so much the size of your account , how much understanding of the market and the ability to make effective operations

How Much Capital Should I Trade Forex With?

Research shows that the amount of capital in your trading account can affect your profitability. Traders with at least $5,000 of capital tend to utilize more conservative amounts of leverage. Traders should look to use an effective leverage of 10-to1 or less.

how_much_capital_should_i_trade_forex_with_body_Picture_4.png

and I think $ 1,000 is enough to begin with, but the important thing is not so much the size of your account , how much understanding of the market and the ability to make effective operations

One way to do this is, practice trading on a demo account with a strategy and a trading plan in place.

Take the highest % winners on avg and base a new "LIVE" trading plan around those rules of engagement.

Then you can easily work out your position sizing and money management to trade that plan effectively and consistently :)