FAQ Do I Have to Accept some Big Losses in the Beginning?

Jan 24, 2016
I think big losses will always come in the beginning stages of trading. I started with a USD500 way back in 2012 and lost all of that within 3 months and that was trading mini lots up to half standards. I guess in the early stages we don't know much about good money management and the dangers of leverage, so yeh we do tend to lose big early on. After that we learn (hopefully).

june_girl7

Apr 9, 2016
Losses comes in every stage of trading, but at begin we have to face too much loss because of new to market and not more experience. But as time pass, we learn how to handle trade in difficult situations so we minimize the loss ratio.

Sometimes practice is better than live

Losses comes in every stage of trading, but at begin we have to face too much loss because of new to market and not more experience. But as time pass, we learn how to handle trade in difficult situations so we minimize the loss ratio.
when it comes to developing skills

Jul 18, 2016
My big losses all had one thing in common: they occurred when I didn't stick to my plan.I'm not suggesting that my plan works all the time, but the losses when I follow my process are far less spectacular.

Develop a plan/routine>Learn to stick to it> Don't get caught with your pants down

Fugazsy

Nov 10, 2014
the Ideal should be small wins, small losses and sometime big wins.

Never paper trade. Trade tiny accounts instead.

Nov 22, 2016
I have been in the business for over 10 years now. The beauty of the game is to risk sensibly (low risk).
And low risk does not just mean small lot but also few positions.What is the point when you risk 2% per trade and opened 20 positions all at once? That is 20% risk.
So, sensible trading is about low risk and few positions.

Lee Shepherd

Feb 12, 2008
I have been in the business for over 10 years now. The beauty of the game is to risk sensibly (low risk).
And low risk does not just mean small lot but also few positions.What is the point when you risk 2% per trade and opened 20 positions all at once? That is 20% risk.
So, sensible trading is about low risk and few positions.
That would be 40% risk. Getting figures correct is paramount. Regardless of country of origin. 😜

Nov 22, 2016
That would be 40% risk. Getting figures correct is paramount. Regardless of country of origin. 😜
Thank you for the correction. It was an error of omission anyway. Any average student of maths will know for sure that 2 times 20 is 40. And that should not call for country of origin. Nice words matter on high level forums.

dbphoenix

Aug 24, 2003
Never paper trade. Trade tiny accounts instead.
Winning at paper trading is no guarantee that the winning will continue when trading with real money. However, if one is losing at paper trading, there's no way it's all going to turn around once he begins trading with real money, if he's clueless enough to try.

Become profitable at paper trading first. If you can't get paper trading right, find something else to do with your time.

Fugazsy

Nov 10, 2014
Winning at paper trading is no guarantee that the winning will continue when trading with real money. However, if one is losing at paper trading, there's no way it's all going to turn around once he begins trading with real money, if he's clueless enough to try.

Become profitable at paper trading first. If you can't get paper trading right, find something else to do with your time.
You can be successful with paper trading and then fail always with real money which is very common, why? Because trading is about YOU, your emotions and all the rest, when there is real money involved your decision making will be completely different.

With paper trading your emotions will not arise and by the end of any results being positive or negative you have not learn much, probably nothing.

Best is to open a tiny account and get involved, do not postpone your learning curve because there is nothing to learn with paper trading but just a waste of time.

Open an account with only $100, is that is too much open it with $10.......

Last edited:

forker

Jul 12, 2008
It comes down to a person's perception of money and its function. We are taught all our life to exist as slaves to money which instills the wrong belief systems