FAQ Do I Have to Accept some Big Losses in the Beginning?

• New to T2W? Welcome! This forum contains a list of the most frequently asked questions (FAQs) that new members want answers to. We don't allow new threads to be created so if you have an idea for a new FAQ please post it in the How the FAQs work thread.

SamuelTrader

9 1
I agree with both of you,beginners jumping directly to real account without the proper knowledge of trading.Demo account practice is necessary for newbies.Also I believe loss is a part of trading but how we can minimize the losses requires practice and experience.

zaysev36

421 15
By the way, what is a normal amount of loss for a new trader? As a percantage from his investment, say $10 000? And at what stage should he get worried that he's loosing too much?

radex78

135 0
Might I am srtll grateful in forex business because never lose in huge investment, I like with forex and only learning forex as I can possible but about investing money not to forced my pocket to investing, almost my capital come from bonus and I like because ever get earning from bonus

NVP

Legendary member
37,261 1,935
I tell every newbie trader that until they are making very very good returns from demo trading to forget live trading.......doing ok is not an option

Demos are easy......so you really need to be impressive before,you make the leap ...trust me

M

radex78

135 0
Practice using demo account will good for newbie I think, many trader can't maintain account more than six month maybe, and beginner practice in demo account will better also at least six month learning, if they can profitable on tehse period of time might they can start in real account, but most newbie they rush to making real money usually

zaysev36

421 15
I tell every newbie trader that until they are making very very good returns from demo trading to forget live trading.......doing ok is not an option

Demos are easy......so you really need to be impressive before,you make the leap ...trust me

M
Well, the problem is when you use a demo account and your trades are generally ok, you start to feel like "Hey, I'm losing money by not doing real trading. Since in demo I won, imagine my profit if it was live!"

radex78

135 0
Well, the problem is when you use a demo account and your trades are generally ok, you start to feel like "Hey, I'm losing money by not doing real trading. Since in demo I won, imagine my profit if it was live!"
Maybe, it's only like as empty imagination, in demo account if trader have any purposes to backtesting strategy, hence trader might will seriously, but if only demo account for fun, might will can't give anything

zaysev36

421 15
Maybe, it's only like as empty imagination, in demo account if trader have any purposes to backtesting strategy, hence trader might will seriously, but if only demo account for fun, might will can't give anything
Yeah, you have a point, even the most prodigious and useful tools can't help if you use them in a wrong way or for wrong reasons.

zaysev36

421 15
Depend on your work, you may face to losses. If you have good experience and market is under your luck then you will not get losses on first day.
Yeah, but since the initial question of this thread was taking in the beginning of trading career, do you think it's possible to avoid such even if the market's on your side?

jojo9361

4 0
You don't have to have large losses, this apspect depends on you, and your trading style. Some people gamble and some people trade. If you gamble you will have many losses, if you trade with a correct set of trading rules you should be okay. Also if you trade those rules on a simulated account to test them, then again that will get chance to see how they perform. There are so many elements to take into account before you actually start trading, if you just jump in on a lve account you will probably have to accept losses.

Thanks,

zaysev36

421 15
You don't have to have large losses, this apspect depends on you, and your trading style. Some people gamble and some people trade. If you gamble you will have many losses, if you trade with a correct set of trading rules you should be okay. Also if you trade those rules on a simulated account to test them, then again that will get chance to see how they perform. There are so many elements to take into account before you actually start trading, if you just jump in on a lve account you will probably have to accept losses.

Thanks,
Good point. You will most likely lose all money you throw away gambling on stock market, or if you go all-in without experience. So basically your losses are as huge as you allow them to get.

zaysev36

421 15
Forex is a big currency trading online business market place. I think forex trading is impossible without facing loss. Even expert trader also face loss on forex market. So I accept it because it is a vital part of forex trading.
Would you accept even those losses that are overwhelming for your account?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock