• New to T2W? Welcome! This forum contains a list of the most frequently asked questions (FAQs) that new members want answers to. We don't allow new threads to be created so if you have an idea for a new FAQ please post it in the How the FAQs work thread.

FAQ Do I Have to Accept some Big Losses in the Beginning?

When was Cup 2016 i lost with Walse ( but still they are best in my eyes) ! After that i started seach different site with help for my bets. At all ( for all time since i started) i lost maybe 2000 dol not more , still hope possible have money with bettings. With that site i lost only 500 but win 3000... this is a big plus ofc for me. I just dont believe in luck - i believe in sistem and methodss

And sometimes I feel like everyone in this thread are just writing something completely unrelated to what's the previous poster had said. Like wow...

And sometimes I feel like everyone in this thread are just writing something completely unrelated to what's the previous poster had said. Like wow...

maybe the comments are deeper than we think and are in fact related to the thread ?......theres some deep meaning here somewhere ?

N

I think big losses will always come in the beginning stages of trading. I started with a USD500 way back in 2012 and lost all of that within 3 months and that was trading mini lots up to half standards. I guess in the early stages we don't know much about good money management and the dangers of leverage, so yeh we do tend to lose big early on. After that we learn (hopefully).

Sometimes practice is better than live

Losses comes in every stage of trading, but at begin we have to face too much loss because of new to market and not more experience. But as time pass, we learn how to handle trade in difficult situations so we minimize the loss ratio.

when it comes to developing skills

My big losses all had one thing in common: they occurred when I didn't stick to my plan.I'm not suggesting that my plan works all the time, but the losses when I follow my process are far less spectacular.

Develop a plan/routine>Learn to stick to it> Don't get caught with your pants down

the Ideal should be small wins, small losses and sometime big wins.

Never paper trade. Trade tiny accounts instead.

Big losses happen to most beginners and it happened to me over and over and over again before I got over it and master the game.

I have been in the business for over 10 years now. The beauty of the game is to risk sensibly (low risk).
And low risk does not just mean small lot but also few positions.What is the point when you risk 2% per trade and opened 20 positions all at once? That is 20% risk.
So, sensible trading is about low risk and few positions.

I have been in the business for over 10 years now. The beauty of the game is to risk sensibly (low risk).
And low risk does not just mean small lot but also few positions.What is the point when you risk 2% per trade and opened 20 positions all at once? That is 20% risk.
So, sensible trading is about low risk and few positions.

That would be 40% risk. Getting figures correct is paramount. Regardless of country of origin. 😜

That would be 40% risk. Getting figures correct is paramount. Regardless of country of origin. 😜

Thank you for the correction. It was an error of omission anyway. Any average student of maths will know for sure that 2 times 20 is 40. And that should not call for country of origin. Nice words matter on high level forums.

Never paper trade. Trade tiny accounts instead.

Winning at paper trading is no guarantee that the winning will continue when trading with real money. However, if one is losing at paper trading, there's no way it's all going to turn around once he begins trading with real money, if he's clueless enough to try.

Become profitable at paper trading first. If you can't get paper trading right, find something else to do with your time.

Winning at paper trading is no guarantee that the winning will continue when trading with real money. However, if one is losing at paper trading, there's no way it's all going to turn around once he begins trading with real money, if he's clueless enough to try.

Become profitable at paper trading first. If you can't get paper trading right, find something else to do with your time.

You can be successful with paper trading and then fail always with real money which is very common, why? Because trading is about YOU, your emotions and all the rest, when there is real money involved your decision making will be completely different.

With paper trading your emotions will not arise and by the end of any results being positive or negative you have not learn much, probably nothing.

Best is to open a tiny account and get involved, do not postpone your learning curve because there is nothing to learn with paper trading but just a waste of time.

Open an account with only $100, is that is too much open it with $10.......

Last edited:
It comes down to a person's perception of money and its function. We are taught all our life to exist as slaves to money which instills the wrong belief systems

get your act togther on the paper.............once you are litrally consistently creaming the market on paper then start low on real money ............it will still hurt guys .......

it always does when one is "in the field" (as 007 always says)

and never be ashamed to retreat back to paper if things are unhinging .....nothing wrong with that

N

Attachments

• in the field.JPG
    in the field.JPG
    14.3 KB · Views: 1,317
You can be successful with paper trading and then fail always with real money which is very common, why? Because trading is about YOU, your emotions and all the rest, when there is real money involved your decision making will be completely different.

With paper trading your emotions will not arise and by the end of any results being positive or negative you have not learn much, probably nothing.

Best is to open a tiny account and get involved, do not postpone your learning curve because there is nothing to learn with paper trading but just a waste of time.

Open an account with only $100, is that is too much open it with $10.......

I'd say there are two aspects to trading:

1. Solid plan with an edge.
2. Ability to follow that solid plan.

Paper trading identifies whether the plan has a positive expectancy, without feeling emotional pressure. Once it's established that the plan is sound, one can open a small account and increase the size with continued progress.

Starting small without confirmation of a solid trading plan may work but is likely to make it difficult to identify whether the problems are due to emotions, unsound plan, or both. I can tell from my own experience that getting rid of emotional baggage is far tougher than taking another few weeks to paper trade. With replays available it doesn't take long with accelerated speeds to get this part done at a rapid pace.

Gringo

Last edited:

If one's decision-making is completely different, he didn't paper trade properly. To begin with, he most likely didn't have a trading plan.

"Trading to learn" is no more rational nor profitable than playing roulette to learn.

I'd say there are two aspects to trading:

1. Solid plan with an edge.
2. Ability to follow that solid plan.

Paper trading identifies whether the plan has a positive expectancy, without feeling emotional pressure. Once it's established that the plan is sound, one can open a small account and increase the size with continued progress.

Starting small without confirmation of a solid trading plan may work but is likely to make it difficult to identify whether the problems are due to emotions, unsound plan, or both. I can tell from my own experience that getting rid of emotional baggage is far tougher than taking another few weeks to paper trade. With replays available it doesn't take long with accelerated speeds to get this part done at a rapid pace.

Gringo

BS.

You can follow your plan with paper trading and not with real money.

Last edited: