How many people...

Would you be prepared to spend £5,000 to learn to trade professionally by a firm?

• Yes

Votes: 23 32.9%
  • No

Votes: 47 67.1%

• Total voters
Oh stop it, you're making me blush! ;)

My goal is simple: I want to get people profitable. You're 100% right, it is down to the trader and it is between their ears. A lot of people don't understand this and have a whole lot of work to do. Others are very close but perhaps just have a little piece of the puzzle missing.

MMT was never a thread to show you how to make your fortune. It was how I made money and for the most part, with some minor alterations, still is at the core of how I make a living now. I accept that we're not all the same. Some people aren't comfortable trading that way and have to find something that fits them.

At the end of the day I will continue to impart what I've learnt and what my experience has been to people that are interested and enquiring. A prop environment did nothing for me. I was a better trader before I entered my firm than when I left it after a year. And I'm only just undoing a lot of the sh*t I learnt in there whilst assimilating that which was good. Everyone that knew me personally there knows that to be true...but if someone wants to pay thousands of pounds for a course and wants to know what its about and what exactly you will get - well thats why I just wrote that mammoth post on the private forum and thats what this thread was about.

As far as reputation...you can listen to the rep "deflationists" or the "inflationists" but the safe bet is to see what actually transpires. Just like in our good old economy, giving 179 reasons why something is or will be or must be, doesn't count for a single thing. :)

If Jesse Livermore was posting on here himself, you'd still have Genics telling the world he had blown his account, had failed to make it when he went to the Stock Exchange House and was a ruthless manipulator that said the opposite of whatever he did and you'd still have depth trade telling him that price action trading and listening to hunches doesn't work and insisting he make some live calls or he's a fraud :)

I enjoy the banter because I know I've helped a lot of people progress and through it all, I still sit here making good money each day.

ilplusq, you have me on msn and if you don't have the pf link its half way down the page. Whatever it takes, I will help you and anyone else that feels like they need something more for things to click even if it is just a confidence issue. And regardless of me and my trading, the results of that help can speak for themselves.

-Tom

comparing yourself to liveremore again? :rolleyes:

TD has already freely given more than £5k's worth of trading gems on this forum in MMT and PS and elsewhere over an extended period; what is it now, two years?

If anyone troubles to read through them both (all) with an open mind, his motivation is pretty clear, and there is nothing nefarious about it.

Thank goodness there are people like him (and James16) around in this world.

If the day ever comes when I was able to give back in a similar manner, I hope I would be similarly generous. However, it's an academic question at the moment, as I am still some way off. This is in no way the fault of my teacher(s) though, just my own limitations.

Trade on and prosper Tom.

Although £5000 would be worth the outlay if it sets you up with a realistic chance of recouping, its a large chunk of a trading pot for a newbie to justify.

However, im convinced daily seminars with maybe 50-100 people, led by your good self, would sell out many times over, for a sum of £100-£200.
Maybe thats a different thread!?

Although £5000 would be worth the outlay if it sets you up with a realistic chance of recouping, its a large chunk of a trading pot for a newbie to justify.

However, im convinced daily seminars with maybe 50-100 people, led by your good self, would sell out many times over, for a sum of £100-£200.
Maybe thats a different thread!?

Isnt that like saying "I find the entirety of learning to drive too expensive, so, I'll pay a smaller fee, and you just teach me to use the first and second gear. I cant afford to learn reversing, so we'll ditch that."?

You dont get to decide the syllabus.

An experienced trader defines what you need to learn to be useful.
You either decide to learn it all, or dont sign up for the course.

If its a large chunk of the trading pot, so be it. Save up, and come back when you're ready.

You would never say such things about a course in flying. Or medicine.

TD has already freely given more than £5k's worth of trading gems on this forum in MMT and PS and elsewhere over an extended period; what is it now, two years?

If anyone troubles to read through them both (all) with an open mind, his motivation is pretty clear, and there is nothing nefarious about it.

Thank goodness there are people like him (and James16) around in this world.

If the day ever comes when I was able to give back in a similar manner, I hope I would be similarly generous. However, it's an academic question at the moment, as I am still some way off. This is in no way the fault of my teacher(s) though, just my own limitations.

Trade on and prosper Tom.

the threads do not help anybody make one penny imho

thats not to say all the content is of no value

Td opened some 52 threads I think, (that was yesterday :) and posted some absolute gems on many others

some poster the other day repeats above ....

when I make it my own it will work !

no it won"t

you have not put in the 8 years, you do not really believe in it at a deep enough level

you never will because you have not put the work in

ITS JUST A SETUP to get you in the market nothing else, its an illusion created between your own ear holes

what is the market your getting into ?

"This is in no way the fault of my teacher(s) though, just my own limitations"

is it ? how do you know that ?

I was under the impression that the threads were there to help newb develop an understanding of how to trade the market not to put money in their pockets hence TD always saying "This is how I *insert generic trading codswollop*.

I have found to my cost to avoid tipster services & news channels & to trade what you see & not what you hear. The reason why these guys work for companies & speculate, Is because they would'nt be able to hack it for themselves or they have failed in trading ! A good bit of advice is what ever these guys recommend, do the opposite & net/net you'll probably make a profit.

Mark :)

I was under the impression that the threads were there to help newb develop an understanding of how to trade the market not to put money in their pockets hence TD always saying "This is how I *insert generic trading codswollop*.

1st impressions !

your understanding requires ..........

a re-visit imho of course :)

Yeah you drama queen. You've been talking about this for ages and you wouldn't have even posted the "idea" if you hadn't already decided on some level that you were going to do it :)

We'll all chip in if/when you need us.

At this juncture, i would like to ask if TD will go ahead with his project.

It's already done on the private forum.

I'm considering turning each step of it into a full course / thread that runs three months for people that want it but I'll see what response it gets.

Best of luck to you Trader Dante, I hope you go ahead with it ! Again with any method you need to try & put the odds in your favour & let your position run until it breaks the rules. The whole business is just a numbers game & we're all fighting to climb up the pyramid, unfortunately the higher you go the smaller it gets & that so much reminds me of trading.

Mark :)

It's already done on the private forum.

I'm considering turning each step of it into a full course / thread that runs three months for people that want it but I'll see what response it gets.

So I see. Well done TD.:clap:

Isnt that like saying "I find the entirety of learning to drive too expensive, so, I'll pay a smaller fee, and you just teach me to use the first and second gear. I cant afford to learn reversing, so we'll ditch that."?

You dont get to decide the syllabus.

An experienced trader defines what you need to learn to be useful.
You either decide to learn it all, or dont sign up for the course.

If its a large chunk of the trading pot, so be it. Save up, and come back when you're ready.

You would never say such things about a course in flying. Or medicine.

Your analogies are perfectly valid. I come from the angle that Tom could/would reach out and attract 100's, maybe 1000's more wannabe traders by offering to demonstrate on an initial shallow level within a seminar set-up. People could then decide if its for them, and if they wish to take it futher.
I guess the question regarding the amount should be taken within the proposers motives, and/or how many people do you want to teach how to trade.
I think Toms intention was that we just vote, and dont talk too much about this, so maybe the "TD's Day Seminar" thread should be started elsewhere!?

Something to bear in mind when evaluating courses at pro firms is how much time you get at a professional desk in a professional trading environment.

A typical desk fee at a prop firm will be around £2200 per month, which is £6600 for three months.

If you're paying £5000 for a course which includes 3 months of sim in a pro office then that sounds like a bargain considering you're paying £1600 less to be there than the pros around you and the only difference is that the wire from the back of your computer goes to a Sim server instead of the exchanges. This is excellent value for money and we haven't even mentioned the course content/knowledge you're taught or the mentoring etc.

Yes you can get all the knowledge they will teach you for free off the net but that is far from from all you are paying for.