How many people...

Would you be prepared to spend £5,000 to learn to trade professionally by a firm?

• Yes

Votes: 23 32.9%
  • No

Votes: 47 67.1%

• Total voters
difficult to answer, without you defining a syllabus, and how you define "professional".
and how you "certify" a student as having passed. (eg, extra training if you dont get it first time)

I am willing to invest in myself, if I can be shown things such as;
recommended account size (some may be willing to pay £5K, but if, in order to trade professionally, they need a bank of £50K minimum, for example, they may decide the £5K, while worthwhile, they may not be able to get their hands on the minimum bank size)

a good track of record of past students who are still trading successfully 3, 5, 10 years after being trained.

anything likely to yield a good return on £5K is worth trying.

EDIT: some may say £5K is too much, but think of it as: if it means you lose 5 fewer pips per losing trade, and make 5 pips more per winning trade, through superior knowledge, that can help improve anyones bank balance.

I've read too much on this site to be anything but suspicious of all training courses.

No.

I'd be prepared to pay $5K but it depends on what I get for my money, what the training included, references etc. There has to be $5K of value.

The question is way to open for the yes/no answer you are demanding.

It's a bit like saying "would you pay $300 for a blow job ?"
Off someone's Grandmother, no.
Off Jessica Alba, yes.

Last edited:
Tom,

"Can you say why you are wanting to know this?"

I want to know too. :)

I think it's fairly obvious, especially as he invites a pm, as well.

He thinks that we could be a potentially good market for tapping.

Or he is going to write a book.

Are you planning to go into competition with the likes of Stanzione, Woof and Winters?

Perhaps i might be tempted to part with 5K, if the guy doing the training could show statements that he made atleast £1million a year trading the methods he was going to teach me.

However thats not going to happen, as if they can make that much money, they wouldnt bother/have time to teach, unless ofcourse the method is outdated and they can no longer make money with it.

Face it dante, those who can't teach. Those who pay for training get what they deserve, myself included, which is usually less than what you can find for free or at very little expense from the net and amazon. What's all the secrecy with the PM's regarding the real reason for your question, smells of greasy salesman tactics if you ask me.

Tom.
It depends on the firm that you mentioned, because I know so many prop firm that lost so much money in last financial crunch.

knowledge does not get outdated

it just is

no F..cker is going to give you jack Sh...t thats any real long term use to you for 5K

they want 5 K = they are a vender / salesman, may be good at it but that is what they are, their priority is get them in and out and increase turnover in their chosen field

genuine knowledge / understanding starts with a solid foundation, how is any newbie going to no if its solid ?

its a total contradiction

its just pure luck if you hit lucky regards mentors / training etc

still think your better off reading the articles for nothing at the front of this site

if your to lazy to do your own due diligence and research etc I am just about to change my status to vender and will give one on one training and advice for 5K

you get my un divided attention for 3 months, then I get 10 % of the profit for the next 5 yrs, pretty lazy myself so the offer applies to anyone living in Cornwall

sorry over the Tamar is just to far to travel for 5 K !

pinbars do not work

pinbars do work

a poor workman blames his tools !

Andy

Last edited:
Face it dante, those who can't teach. Those who pay for training get what they deserve, myself included, which is usually less than what you can find for free or at very little expense from the net and amazon. What's all the secrecy with the PM's regarding the real reason for your question, smells of greasy salesman tactics if you ask me.

You would probably be better off changing your opening line from "those that can't do teach", to "those that can't do, charge to teach".

Anyone that believes that another person who teaches can't make money is a novice. Plain and simple. What about the turtles? Yeah, Richard Dennis definetly couldn't trade. What about Commodities Corp? Didn't that breed some of the best traders in the world? What about the Trading Tribe? Ed Seykota, who set that up, also taught Michael Marcus - arguably one of the most successful traders in the world today. Just because there are whole heap of courses like Win Investing don't make the mistake of believing that everyone that teaches can't trade.

The secrecy regarding the PMs while I'm sure smacks of "greasy salesman tactics" is frankly because I don't particularly want to make a whole deal of enemies.

EDIT: Previous post deleted for obvious reasons but hopefully it saved me the trouble with countless PMs.

Thanks for all the replies. -Tom

Last edited:
You would probably be better off changing your opening line from "those that can't do teach", to "those that can't do, charge to teach".

Anyone that believes that another person who teaches can't make money is a novice. Plain and simple. What about the turtles? Yeah, Richard Dennis definetly couldn't trade. What about Commodities Corp? Didn't that breed some of the best traders in the world? What about the Trading Tribe? Ed Seykota, who set that up, also taught Michael Marcus - arguably one of the most successful traders in the world today. Just because there are whole heap of courses like Win Investing don't make the mistake of believing that everyone that teaches can't trade.

The secrecy regarding the PMs while I'm sure smacks of "greasy salesman tactics" is frankly because I don't particularly want to make a whole deal of enemies when I offer their expensive trading course for free.

On the contrary, you should offer their training course for free, who in the f**k cares what they think? And in respect of those who teach, I think the old 90/10 rule applies, that is, 90% of training courses offered by gurus are a waste of a noob's time and money.

Some good points raised.

It is true, of course that all the information you need to trade is free. It is also true that it is buried in a mountain of crap that is of no use whatsoever.

Of course you can learn to trade for free, you can also spend years studying stuff that is total crap. I mean - how much time have people spent on Elliot Waves ?

Where a mentor would come in handy is in helping you separate the wheat from the chaff because the 'all the info is available for free' crowd fail to see that the newbie can't really distinguish the good from the bad info.

All just my opinion of course.

no free lunch TD

its a sales pitch or looks that way to many

just leads to add on sales in other areas by the back door = captive bums on seats = numbers game = how many sales generated etc etc

" What people don't understand is that most of these offers from firms don't teach you a system. They don't teach you how to be profitable. They put you in a situation where you are given access to knowledge and expected to absorb it. Then you are sat infront of a simulator and expected to put that knowledge into action, to create your own strategy - your own way of doing things. Exactly, in my opinion, as it should be. So all this talk of "are you profitable yourself" makes no difference."

if your not

how do they no what enviroment will be most effective = goal produce a consistant profitable trader ?

Last edited:
its a sales pitch or looks that way to many

Which is why I put in the opener "it's not what it looks like" :)

If I was looking to make money from training people I would have charged back when I started MMT. Believe it or not I get people PM'ing me all the time asking if they can market my stuff for a profit share and various other sales schemes.

If anyone thinks after the amount of time and personal cost that I've put into helping people for free that I'm now on here with a sales pitch, they are a moron.

The secrecy regarding the PMs while I'm sure smacks of "greasy salesman tactics" is frankly because I don't particularly want to make a whole deal of enemies.

EDIT: Previous post deleted for obvious reasons but hopefully it saved me the trouble with countless PMs.

Thanks for all the replies. -Tom

Deleting previous posts regarding your real reasons for wanting to start this thread only makes you look worse. Dante, for goodness sake, if you want vendor status just go ahead, open powerpoint and start copy and pasting charts with pin bars or whatever else on them and start charging suckers for info they can get for free.

Well, if telling people what it is is going to make you a great deal of enemies, I reckon it must be worse then sales pitching. What you up to Tom, nuclear holocaust?

Deleting previous posts regarding your real reasons for wanting to start this thread only makes you look worse. Dante, for goodness sake, if you want vendor status just go ahead, open powerpoint and start copy and pasting charts with pin bars or whatever else on them and start charging suckers for info they can get for free.

Honestly Tafita, this constant tirade of skepticism and abuse I seem to be getting lately is tiring me out. I'm not after vendor status no matter what it looks like. I'm sorry to say that whether you believe it or not, I am keen to help people out for free and impart all the knowledge I have and everything I've ever deleted in terms of posts is because by selflessly giving knowledge I am compromising myself quite badly. I do it because I know how desperate I was to learn a few years back. I really couldn't give a t*ss who thinks I'm "a greasy salesman" or paranoid about being watched blah, blah, blah. This board is trawled by pro traders and many, many vendors. And I'm not up for making enemies. Just helping people. If you think I am paranoid or up to something there are two simple reasons: you've either missed the posts or have no idea of the value of some of what I have written that's got through the net because it's too old to delete. Some people will have seen my original posts and know what I am up too (and from the amount of PMs I get I know they appreciate it) others can think what they like. I'm not interested in being a vendor. I'm actually motivated to put to show "suckers" how and where they can get the info for free or at a fraction of the cost. Thanks for the PMs from interested parties. This concludes my interest in this thread. You can find me in the private forum on this site. Cheers, Tom

Last edited:
disagree TD

it looks that way to many, not really aimed at you on a personal level just the theme of trainers / mentors / etc etc in general

"its a sales pitch or looks that way to many

just leads to add on sales in other areas by the back door = captive bums on seats = numbers game = how many sales generated etc etc"

"they are a moron" ....................... some have just arrived ....... new lambs arrive on a daily basis

imho they are not

get on with it and execute TD

MODs will remove posts that ruin a thread or post unrelated rubbish on it, so no real issue there

Andy

" What people don't understand is that most of these offers from firms don't teach you a system. They don't teach you how to be profitable. They put you in a situation where you are given access to knowledge and expected to absorb it. Then you are sat infront of a simulator and expected to put that knowledge into action, to create your own strategy - your own way of doing things. Exactly, in my opinion, as it should be. So all this talk of "are you profitable yourself" makes no difference."

if your or they are not profitable ~

how do they no what enviroment will be most effective = goal to produce a consistant profitable trader ?

answer to Question please

I am a bit of a moron and cannot work it out !