How to become a Prop Trader?

russianking

Well i have wanted to trade professionally since i was 14 years old. Im 19 almost 20 years old in my first year at community college. I am going to transfer to a so-so university. Double major in finance/economics or finance/math or finance/computer science and minor in a couple of the above. At the university i plan on attending they havea trading club. Now ive been learning about trading for years through books/blogs. I really do have a passion. Honestly, this is what i see myself doing an i really dont want to do anything else. Eventually, given great performance i may just retire and trade my own capital from home or start my own firm. But how do i become a prop trader? Is it really competitive? Will not being ivy league kill my chances? Just tell me how what should i do?

Thank you

C++
Sharpe of > 5
Actual account statements.

Without those........ not much chance...... they are picky picky picky. that is if you want a good position..

murder me and wear my skin as disgusise

41799_235312106212_5530115_n.jpg

C++
Sharpe of > 5
Actual account statements.

Without those........ not much chance...... they are picky picky picky. that is if you want a good position..

Hi Blaiserboy,

I found out about the shape ration to be accepted for a job on a trading floor, but isn't that all you need? do you really need to have a c++ also?

Hi Blaiserboy,

I found out about the shape ration to be accepted for a job on a trading floor, but isn't that all you need? do you really need to have a c++ also?

I can't say definitely, I think you will have to look at a lot of jo0b postings and determine what you think is needed. I took that info from a posting that I saw..... and thought I would try to use that as a bench mark for my own system and forgot about being a prop trader..

There is a 'new' board for proptrading and in one of the messages is a list of employers URL's, so you could look in there and get some info, I think.

To find the proptrading board. look in the new posts for today in here....