How could I become a city trader?

DJBux

Hello, I am 17 years old and in my last year of school.

I am planning on taking a degree in mathematics or accounting and finance in university once I leave school, due to my interest in numbers and mathematics.

I am writing this post as I would like to know how I would go about becoming a city trader, and if a degree in mathematics would increase my chances of gaining a job. I understand that becoming a city trader requires a lot of personal qualities, so what I'm asking for is how would I go about becoming a city trader from a purely educational perspective, and not what personal qualities I would need.

Thanks in advance.

. . . I am writing this post as I would like to know how I would go about becoming a city trader, and if a degree in mathematics would increase my chances of gaining a job . . .
Hi DJBux
Welcome to T2W,

If you've not seen it already, take a gander at this FAQ - there's a few ideas in there for you to think about: How Do I get a Job Trading?
Enjoy!
Tim.

In any event, a trading fund you are going to work in will ask you to demonstrate your individual results from trading to make sure you know how to grab not give money to the market. Become successful independent trader and HR's will find you themselves.

Hello, I am 17 years old and in my last year of school.

I am planning on taking a degree in mathematics or accounting and finance in university once I leave school, due to my interest in numbers and mathematics.

I am writing this post as I would like to know how I would go about becoming a city trader, and if a degree in mathematics would increase my chances of gaining a job. I understand that becoming a city trader requires a lot of personal qualities, so what I'm asking for is how would I go about becoming a city trader from a purely educational perspective, and not what personal qualities I would need.

Thanks in advance.

The best degrees are maths, physics, economic and business related.

The best advice I can give is to work hard at Uni and get at least a 2.1, do Internships every summer at Investment Banks and trade yourself with a small fund!

Qualifications do matter!!

Internships are an amazing experience and plus sometimes they offer you a conditional job offer based on your final result at Uni!!

Trade and immerse yourself in the markets!!

Its a very competitive industry but go for it!!