How long did it take you to realize that you will never be profitable trading

ogysyw.jpg

so we agree :D. prices do fluctuate as they trend.

Buy 50, then buy 40, then buy 30.
Your average is 40 at this point
Then sell some around 32 and take a bunch of losses.

Then buy more at 20, then buy more at 10.
Your average is 27-30 at this point, at best (remember you started buying at 50)
Then sell around 13 and take a bunch of losses again

Then it goes back to 10 and you are sitting in a huge loss

we agree here too. why any trader who is interested only in turning a profit with minimal risk would trade in the way you just described, ive no idea.

You'll say this was a bad stock to trade and you wouldn't have traded it.
HOWEVER, how would you have known that back when it was at $50?
That is exactly why I am saying that trade management alone is NOT an edge.

i think im more likely to have said that i havent got the slightest idea where this stocks gona go :cheesy:. I would also probably say i wouldnt put all my eggs into a single stock either.
One thing id definately say, and agree with you on, is theres no 'edge' in management!

That's a good example which shows that rexlord's trading scheme won't work. It's a mug's game. There are ways to make money trading, obviously, but simply buying more as the price falls doesn't work in the long run. Eventually a point comes where you run out of money, or the stock sits near it's lows for years (tying up your funds), or the company goes bankrupt, etc. It's a bit like the gambling strategy of doubling down every time you lose. Eventually you will get a string of losses that will bankrupt you. Guaranteed.

Actually, it can work pretty well. You can just blindly buy at the 0s and do nothing as per rexlords tarding scheme, and provided:-
i) you do it when stocks are getting killed
ii) spread it over many stocks
iii) dont use leverage.

should do ok in the long term, bearing in mind that stocks are priced in money, and money is being continually debased (y)

I prefer trading ETFs (indexes and sectors) so that I'm much less exposed to company-specific uncertainties. Also, I trade a cointegrated portfolio, not a single fund. Much better statistical properties.
for sho

Last edited:
Kinell Rexxie, you still here!!? If you're gonna stick around you're gonna have to get your nut in the game son and get yaself match hardened by shooting for circa 30 pips off the smalls (EUR/USD)or as I like to call them scratchcards. If you can't make circa 20% a month then you are a fookin fooktard ffs. GTFO son, coming on this suite of forums with your negativity and spreading the madness what will the decision makers at the spreadBetting outfits make of you son. FFS CBA TLDR

IT'S NOT ROCKET SURGERY FFS!!!

Fook it, I'm off for a run....

Last edited:
How long did it take you to realize that you will never be profitable trading

I am having serious doubts. When I am extremely careful I go no where. I then loosen up, and start having great days. "Ah Ha", I say - this is they way I am meant to trade, free like the wind. The sun is shining and the birds are tweeting. Then in minutes, the market turns and slams me into a wall. Rinse, repeat.

ogysyw.jpg

Buy 50, then buy 40, then buy 30.
Your average is 40 at this point
Then sell some around 32 and take a bunch of losses.

Then buy more at 20, then buy more at 10.
Your average is 27-30 at this point, at best (remember you started buying at 50)
Then sell around 13 and take a bunch of losses again

Then it goes back to 10 and you are sitting in a huge loss

You'll say this was a bad stock to trade and you wouldn't have traded it.
HOWEVER, how would you have known that back when it was at $50?
That is exactly why I am saying that trade management alone is NOT an edge

Wow, you put it in a really depressing way...

I am having serious doubts. When I am extremely careful I go no where. I then loosen up, and start having great days. "Ah Ha", I say - this is they way I am meant to trade, free like the wind. The sun is shining and the birds are tweeting. Then in minutes, the market turns and slams me into a wall. Rinse, repeat.

Try to keep your Ah Ha away? :D

Kinell Rexxie, you still here!!? If you're gonna stick around you're gonna have to get your nut in the game son and get yaself match hardened by shooting for circa 30 pips off the smalls (EUR/USD)or as I like to call them scratchcards. If you can't make circa 20% a month then you are a fookin fooktard ffs. GTFO son, coming on this suite of forums with your negativity and spreading the madness what will the decision makers at the spreadBetting outfits make of you son. FFS CBA TLDR

IT'S NOT ROCKET SURGERY FFS!!!

Fook it, I'm off for a run....

If you were making 20% per month with a $100k account(for example), your account would hit 1 billion $ in about 4years or so. :LOL:
It's possible in theory but then you would be the absolute #1 best trader in the world

why isn't everyone trading .are you all crazy .this is the best forex market in many years

why isn't everyone trading .are you all crazy .this is the best forex market in many years
maybe were too busy trading to post N . long dax 495 with stop at 91 round the KTZ for 3 pips accuracy live call pips per point.
Have a good day
I know i will (y)

Depends Upon your luck with your trading strategy with little experience. One to two years are enough for consistancy.

Did you become consistent in one to two years? And if yes, how many years have you been trading since you became consistent?