How long did it take for you to become profitable ?

a few years before i reached consistency....my fault as i was distracted on other work at the time

unless people have been trading for more than 10 years ask them again then to ensure they are still profitable ...10 years is a decent stint of consistent profits ....

Wow you guys are fast. It took me 3½ years. Had 1½ year of losses, little less than a year very close to B/E, then small profits, and finally the last year profits...
Had doubts I would make it many times during that process, quite a relief to get throught to the other side :)

Hi,
For me it took years.
After 1 year I thought I was profitable but some big events on the market show me that it wasn't true.

Since the end of 2015, I'm profitable after getting a knock down by SNB in Jan 2015. ( Start to trade Fx in 2007)
Was profitable before 2015 but also understand now that my risk management was not good.

I get blinded by "Easy money" setup of EURCHF peg.

How long did it take for you to become profitable ?

As others have mentioned, you may not know if you are consistently profitable for many years after you first think you are.
Markets change over time and your edge can disappear.
Unprecedented events such as the SNB in 2015 or Oil contract priced at -$30 (that's right it was at a negative price) in 2019 can take a trader completely out of the game!

I am still in the learning process but I hope i will make some profitable trades in near future but after complete learning.

My trading performance is not stable but I'm above breakeven. To be profitable is a relative term - you can have period when you trade above breakeven but in the long-run the answer to this question is less rosy.

It surprised me how much markets change. My methods are quite stable, but not as stable as I thought. I didn't make money in July-Nov, I actually lost an infinitissemal amount. From December on I'm back to normal... But a bit scary to not make anything for 5 mths, that was a surprise. The good thing is that my system (combined with my own hard discipline) does not allow for significant losses, so bad periods don't wipe me out...

Hey, it’s great that you know how to tackle the market during a bad time. Can you please share some wisdom for us?