how long did it take?

You don't ged it , do you?

Say you win 10 trades *10 points *$1,000 = $100k profit.

The losses on 80 trades * 20 loss *$1 per pip = $1600

Net profit is $100,000 -1600 =$98,400

Your statement is invalid because the points made = 100 and lost is 1600 , it equals to losing trades ratio of 80/90 = 88.8 % losers .They would end up like that with your advice.

This is why I wouldn't take any coaching from your pathetic lot.Go take a few more cheap shots.:LOL:

Thanks for proving my point.

The sooner wannabe demo traders such as yourself get over the insignificance of win % rate, the sooner you'll stop losing money.

You don't ged it , do you?

Say you win 10 trades *10 points *$1,000 = $100k profit.

The losses on 80 trades * 20 loss *$1 per pip = $1600

Net profit is $100,000 -1600 =$98,400

Your statement is invalid because the points made = 100 and lost is 1600 , it equals to losing trades ratio of 80/90 = 88.8 % losers .They would end up like that with your advice.

This is why I wouldn't take any coaching from your pathetic lot.Go take a few more cheap shots.:LOL:

Huh???

I for one certainly don't get it. So you decide beforehand if this trade is going to be a winner or a loser and then adjust your size accordingly??? So this trade is going to be a loser so I'm going to go with £1 per point..... this trade is going to be a winner so I'm going to go for £1000 per point :eek::eek:

Therefore, you will be in profit at the end of the year :confused:

And wtf is with the "Your statement is invalid because the points made = 100 and lost is 1600" What does this mean?

Maybe I need my morning cup of tea but I really don't understand your point.

Thanks for proving my point.

The sooner wannabe demo traders such as yourself get over the insignificance of win % rate, the sooner you'll stop losing money.

Quite the contrary, win rate is more important ,if win trader has a streak of losses on his mega positions , he will wipe out.You post is that of a snake oil merchant.Shows how little mentor's aides know.:LOL:

He is slowly and incoherently destroying his own argument using an muddled example of what barryb was trying to put across.

You'll learn to speak ODT of you keep following his posts.

ODT are you aware that barryb didn't at any point suggest entering some positions at huge size?

Quite the contrary, win rate is more important ,if win trader has a streak of losses on his mega positions , he will wipe out.You post is that of a snake oil merchant.Shows how little mentor's aides know.:LOL:

I think win rate is only important for a psychological reason. It's human nature to want to be right all the time. Once you can get over this hurdle making money trading becomes a hell of a lot easier.

If I have a S/L of 25 and am wrong 5 times in a row I'm in a loss. On my 6th trade I bag 200 pips by nailing my entry I'm in profit. So I'm only right once out of 6 trades. Who cares if I was going for 10p or £10 per pip, that's none of your business.

Could you look any more stupid demo boy?

Could you look any more stupid demo boy?

You lost argument , so you got more dense followers to post more dense comments.Any intelligent trader can sush out your snake oil , and my points are made clearly whereas the retards point out they do not understand , like their master.

He is slowly and incoherently destroying his own argument using an muddled example of what barryb was trying to put across.

You'll learn to speak ODT of you keep following his posts.

ODT are you aware that barryb didn't at any point suggest entering some positions at huge size?

Dense isn't it?Here is his statement and my response.Tard

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryb
it's the amount you make on the ones you are right which dictates your success.

My answer
It depends on the points you make not the money you make

Any intelligent trader can sush out your snake oil , and my points are made clearly

Sorry, did you say you made your points clearly? Your postings are generally that of a person with some kind of learning disability. You know what you want to say yet you can't find the words to say it. Language is a tool, give an idiot a tool and it becomes useless.

Dense isn't it?Here is his statement and my response.Tard

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryb
it's the amount you make on the ones you are right which dictates your success.

My answer
It depends on the points you make not the money you make

Listen you complete ignoramus. No one is going to trade a system with a 12% win rate, except maybe you of course. However i'd happily trade a system with a 25% win rate providing my winners are large winners, got it??

In 2009 a strategy i traded LIVE, not demo like you demo boy, had a win rate of 27%, yet i was up on the year +113%. Conclusion = win rate is less important to me than amount made on my winners.

Have a good wknd spending all your demo profits. :cool:

Last edited:
And another thing Demo Boy, perhaps you should learn how to articulate yourself properly, or just learn how to write on 2nd thoughts, if you're going to spend so much time on a text based website. Just a thought.

Happy demoing.

Exactly scose. ODT, where does he say anything about having larger positions on? You're twisting his words, either that or you just don't understand english.

I simulated for 3 years before going live.Until one day I score 10 consecutive winners.In my opinion that is what every novice should do but don't. Never found the holy grail but close to it.

Correction : That was 10 consecutive profitable Setups, multiple contracts, hitting the minimun target of
2 pts in the ES ( 1 Pt = $50 ) ,with a stop losss of 1 pt. That's it, now you can keep arguing all you want.

Last edited:
Are you folks seriously trying to have a rational discussion with ODDT? Wouldn't counting navel hair be more productive?

Well a beer induced post now, but I've lost track of the argument.

So ODT is claiming that the higher % win rate is more faveourable over a lower win rate even if the lower win rate has a much higher RR?

Is this not just trading styles? It's like the argument between swing trading and scalping.

In my limited time of trading I've come to the conclusion that in order to find a profitable system one must first find their trading personality. Can you handle 30 consecutive losses if you know you can make the points/pips back with one or two trades? Can you handle only one or two trades per week/month or do you need to trade on a more daily basis?

We all trade differently, this is not a one size fits all profession, I say potato, you say tomato... well at the minute I say potatosh

oh and ODT even after multiple beers my posts still make more sense than your inane ramblings :rolleyes:

He has a point that practically everyone's ignoring, and thats the increase in the likelihood of consecutive losses with lower strike rate systems.

I know he's the forum idiot, but he has a point. He's probably too drunk by now to remember that he made it.

Ok but I still don't get it. If you've got a sound strategy and you've backtested, you should have factored in x amount of consecutive losses. This is only a problem in terms of psychology. Human nature dictates that we need to be right, if a system can handle 30 consecutive losses and x amount of DD but you have faith in your system and 5 or so wins will make back the losses then I don't see a problem. It's only from a psychological point of view... s**t I've had 30 losses my system blows balls I' ve got to change..... that things start to go wrong.

I don't trade like this btw, I do favour a higher win rate, I'm playing devils advocate because I can see both sides.

I agree IF you've correctly backtested. I often find that people underestimate the likelihood of consecutive losing trades, particularly when trading low strike rate systems. Often a single backtest really doesnt tell the full story.

Backtests mean nothing , it is like looking at house prices in U K over last 10 years and expecting the rises to keep continuing.30 strategies were backtested from 2001 to 2008 , in 2009 and 2010 the results were way out.