How good are you at trading - just be honest

You sound like a programmer and not a trader. Lol the amount of times I heard computer guys act like they can beat a solid trader with years and years of experience.

I presume you use machine learning or other bull**** optimisation to curve fit your systems.

If you think a machine can beat a human at patterns recognition then you are an idiot. Human being can process far more info than your ****ty moving average optimised system.

You have no idea what you are talking about and you don’t need a computer to see it either...

A system is not equal to AI, machine learning or automated trading... and I am not a programmer either, so again, all your comments show you have no clue what you are talking about... just stop embarrassing yourself...

So no statements, what a surprise :LOL:

Systems are a good tool but to say the 1 man system built in your basement is more complex at pattern recognition and the subtle nunances to the market is ridiculous and shows me you know nothing about trading. You should be ashamed of yourself for promoting yourself as some guru quant.

Just told my friend that there is a guy on a message board with a machine more complex than a human mind, guy was a doctor too, we both had a good laugh :cheesy::cheesy:

Even top quants at real trading firms agreed that hybrid of human and quant will outperform.

Nearly 1000 posts on message board in less than 1 year, you surely must be hard at work Quantt

Last edited:
So no statements, what a surprise :LOL:

Systems are a good tool but to say the 1 man system built in your basement is more complex at pattern recognition and the subtle nunances to the market is ridiculous and shows me you know nothing about trading. You should be ashamed of yourself for promoting yourself as some guru quant.

Just told my friend that there is a guy on a message board with a machine more complex than a human mind, guy was a doctor too, we both had a good laugh :cheesy::cheesy:

Even top quants at real trading firms agreed that hybrid of human and quant will outperform.

Nearly 1000 posts on message board in less than 1 year, you surely must be hard at work Quantt

Blah, blah, blah, keep going, we are laughing here at you ...

Blah, blah, blah, keep going, we are laughing here at you ...

Well considering you promote quant trading so much can you atleast share some insights to help the rest of us out. What kind of systems do you deploy?

Are you day trading, swing? Do you run a portfolio? What instruments do you trade? Do you use optimisations? Machine learning? Neural net? Price action systems? Pattern based systems? Basic indicator systems?

Well considering you promote quant trading so much can you atleast share some insights to help the rest of us out. What kind of systems do you deploy?

Are you day trading, swing? Do you run a portfolio? What instruments do you trade? Do you use optimisations? Machine learning? Neural net? Price action systems? Pattern based systems? Basic indicator systems?

You lost the privilege to ask me questions, so move along...

I'm still out of luck in forex trading. 7 of 10 orders was loss. When i got some profit i place an order with bigger lot and i loss.

maybe you didn't have confidence in your plan so emotions took over and increased position size

I used to sit in front of the PC and draw lines on the charts for hours on end.
My results even after years of practice were not impressive. So I decided another approach was needed.
Knowing quite a lot about what was needed and what worked I sat down and wrote out the main points that needed consideration.
This I got coded up on MT4. Not very expensive. It took 2 false starts and coded up programmes to refine my ideas.
The third attempt appears to be successful but it is early days. I check it every couple of hours or so but no screen watching.
It has started well and made 6% in first 2 days. Not bad even if I say it myself.
Plenty of time for gardening etc.

:smart:

I'm still learning but doing okay.

Last edited:
agreed many people forget about time spent on projects.....it all costs based on the opportunity cost of using that time better elsewhere .....