How good are you at trading - just be honest

DazJones

30 1
Actually, you need a system... that you believe in (back tested for decades) and to follow it to the dot (maybe insert some psychology here to not override the system)...
A good trader can beat a system. I use a couple of automated systems in my portfolio, not developed by me however.

Quantt

Established member
944 57
A good trader can beat a system. I use a couple of automated systems in my portfolio, not developed by me however.
We agree to disagree on that one... good trader needs a system (automated or not) to be constantly successful...

Reactions: tomorton

DazJones

30 1
We agree to disagree on that one... good trader needs a system (automated or not) to be constantly successful...
System will beat you with a bigger account because it can trade more markets, however, if you think computers especially retail systems are even close to human pattern recognition or perception of a good trader then you are wrong. There have been studies done on this which show human pattern recognition is far beyond what even a complex computer can currently perform.

Quantt

Established member
944 57
System will beat you with a bigger account because it can trade more markets, however, if you think computers especially retail systems are even close to human pattern recognition or perception of a good trader then you are wrong. There have been studies done on this which show human pattern recognition is far beyond what even a complex computer can currently perform.
What are you smoking? Especially for patern recognition, a computer will beat you every time...

Reactions: Forex-Jedi

DazJones

30 1
What are you smoking? Especially for patern recognition, a computer will beat you every time...
You sound like a programmer and not a trader. Lol the amount of times I heard computer guys act like they can beat a solid trader with years and years of experience.

I presume you use machine learning or other bull**** optimisation to curve fit your systems.

If you think a machine can beat a human at patterns recognition then you are an idiot. Human being can process far more info than your ****ty moving average optimised system.

Quantt

Established member
944 57
You sound like a programmer and not a trader. Lol the amount of times I heard computer guys act like they can beat a solid trader with years and years of experience.

I presume you use machine learning or other bull**** optimisation to curve fit your systems.

If you think a machine can beat a human at patterns recognition then you are an idiot. Human being can process far more info than your ****ty moving average optimised system.
You have no idea what you are talking about and you don’t need a computer to see it either...

Reactions: Forex-Jedi

DazJones

30 1
A system is not equal to AI, machine learning or automated trading... and I am not a programmer either, so again, all your comments show you have no clue what you are talking about... just stop embarrassing yourself...
So no statements, what a surprise :LOL:

Systems are a good tool but to say the 1 man system built in your basement is more complex at pattern recognition and the subtle nunances to the market is ridiculous and shows me you know nothing about trading. You should be ashamed of yourself for promoting yourself as some guru quant.

Just told my friend that there is a guy on a message board with a machine more complex than a human mind, guy was a doctor too, we both had a good laugh :cheesy::cheesy:

Even top quants at real trading firms agreed that hybrid of human and quant will outperform.

Nearly 1000 posts on message board in less than 1 year, you surely must be hard at work Quantt

Last edited:

Quantt

Established member
944 57
So no statements, what a surprise :LOL:

Systems are a good tool but to say the 1 man system built in your basement is more complex at pattern recognition and the subtle nunances to the market is ridiculous and shows me you know nothing about trading. You should be ashamed of yourself for promoting yourself as some guru quant.

Just told my friend that there is a guy on a message board with a machine more complex than a human mind, guy was a doctor too, we both had a good laugh :cheesy::cheesy:

Even top quants at real trading firms agreed that hybrid of human and quant will outperform.

Nearly 1000 posts on message board in less than 1 year, you surely must be hard at work Quantt
Blah, blah, blah, keep going, we are laughing here at you ...

DazJones

30 1
Blah, blah, blah, keep going, we are laughing here at you ...
Well considering you promote quant trading so much can you atleast share some insights to help the rest of us out. What kind of systems do you deploy?

Are you day trading, swing? Do you run a portfolio? What instruments do you trade? Do you use optimisations? Machine learning? Neural net? Price action systems? Pattern based systems? Basic indicator systems?

Quantt

Established member
944 57
Well considering you promote quant trading so much can you atleast share some insights to help the rest of us out. What kind of systems do you deploy?

Are you day trading, swing? Do you run a portfolio? What instruments do you trade? Do you use optimisations? Machine learning? Neural net? Price action systems? Pattern based systems? Basic indicator systems?
You lost the privilege to ask me questions, so move along...