How do these people read and post so quick

It's not impossible to read quickly - I do it - and type quickly. Some people are just faster than others on the computer.

You should see my mum... frustrating just seeing her type a word or two on google to do a search.. and she is impressed at my relatively average typing speed.

Fast replies or even just agreeing with someone aren't really a bad thing - it's nice to know that people agree with you or disagree. It's the rubbish badly written spam which is annoying.

I think you conceded with sarcasm as you mentioned that you think my posts are not interesting which is fine by me. I am not here to please every one and I am sure there are people who dislike what you post. We are all different, some will like what we do others will dislike it. Diversification is the beauty of this planet.

I know I have not done anything wrong, never broke the rules of this forum and always have been respectful to members here.

I am not a bot, not a paid poster who puts together a post for a few cents. I did not expect anyone to defend me here, but I also never expected to have to defend myself in this manner because a legendary member thought I made no sense in my posting behavior.

I think it is rather sad what happened, but again that is my problem.

Hi Rambo35,

Check my posts above.

I've apologised and gave you the reason as to why I thought it was strange, in my defence, I was not the only one, but it was me that decided to ask further questions. Please don't hate me for asking questions mate, it's how I learn.

I also said I was interested in learning why your behaviour was why it was.

I have stated as I have previously before even getting in to this discussion with you that I thought I was arguing with a bot, therefore, and as you are not one, please do not take it personally.

I have apologised for my mistake and, no, I am not being sarcastic.

I only ever asked of you to understand why people would find your posting behaviour odd. You have explained to me why you do not think this way and I understand. We are all different after all.

I make mistakes like everyone else, I have apologised for this and I hope that you are big and ugly enough to accept. There are worse people in the world than me.

All the best,

Lee

I have always responded to discussions I have started. You may not like my posts which is ok, but I have never copy pasted anything. Your accusation that I have not responded to threads I have started or left the discussions is what I call rude.

Well the bold part is not true is it? I mean that thread you started on Which resources do people use is also on other forums isn't it? Quite a lot of them in fact.

So do you mean, you just copy paste your stuff from here to other forums, but here is the original?

Last edited:
Well the bold part is not true is it? I mean that thread you started on Which resources do people use is also on other forums isn't it? Quite a lot of them in fact.

So do you mean, you just copy paste your stuff from here to other forums, but here is the original?

I do post the same question in more than one forum as there is a different audience and I like to engage int the same discussion. I never copy paste anything in this forum in different sections.

I see nothing wrong with asking the same question to different people in different forums as I have found the answers are different.

Jason Berry.

Link spamming right now, have reported the posts. He's been silent for years then pops up with this behaviour. Unbelievable. Post after post saying the same thing with the same link.

No regular person or even a newbie to that matter posts so much so quick, surely there must be a limit to this that can help the mods? The 30 second rule obviously is not doing the trick.

Lee

How does that work LM because after a short time posts cannot be edited so they cannot come back later and add something ?

sorry for the late reply.

sig dropping is the rouse of blasting off posts, any old guff usually, waiting until mods are off looking elsewhere at the newer stuff, when coast is clear they drop in a sig link, all the posts then carry ads, the links then stay for years as nobody is aware they are there, and as would be usual, nobody reports it.

I have a perfect example. 1. of the antics of the sig dropper and 2. the folly of relying heavily on reported posts.

anybody remember sneha from a couple years back ? "Hello friends,,,,,,sneha here,,,,,,I think its good think......I agree with you......" yeah that one :p

I know for a fact there were no sig links in any of the early posts, I know because I was watching. around the date of sneha's last visit I wouldn't have been watching at all, and neither was anyone else. hence we have sig links sat around for years.

I can see that if no-one reported the sig-link then it may sit around although nowdays someone is pretty quick to report it. They also had around four usernames as well in the above example.

I can see that if no-one reported the sig-link then it may sit around although nowdays someone is pretty quick to report it. They also had around four usernames as well in the above example.

Except reporting it does nothing but have the sig link removed, mod(s) pat themselves on back for job well done, 2 weeks later sig link is back when thread is on page 3 and goes unnoticed.

Here's a genuine question.

What seems to be the problem with banning obvious spammers?
EXAMPLE: New member ( possibly multi-nic) signs up today, violates umpteen t2w guidelines in first post, knows all about how to avoid being detected, how to post sig links, avatars, hidden links, etc...all apparently within minutes of joining but when reported by members, mods "fix" up the post and member goes merrily on his way spamming later on until a thread appears about it. Then mod(s) finally ban member and pat themselves on the back????????

Peter

Well, proper procedure is to infract first, then ban if they continue said behaviour. This is done if we have no further inkling about their motives.

I don't know about the others, but I skip these steps if it's that glaringly obvious that they're a spammer. No point in beating around the bush, eh?

nickweber

Has joined this morning and so far posted 2 first posts blatantly advertising with ensuring they show the site but not to enclose the link.

This person is here for their own benefit only and not for the benefit of the community. Regardless of certain rules of temporary banning or warning etc, this is blatant and should have a hard line approach taking to it immediately. In these obvious cases they should be banned without warning.

The problem with this hard lined approach is that on rare occasions an innocent person who didn't read the guidelines of the forum they signed up for and they will be banned. This is unfortunate but the reality is if the Forum continues with the conditions they have employed to date then we the people of this forum and good long standing members will be spammed by link ads, multi nics and vendors with their own interest only at heart.

In my prediction the forum would then start losing its regular members as they would simply give up trying to help out the community and look elsewhere to a place and community that does not accept this.

I must admit, and due to a specific hurtful situation that happened to me very recently here, I am very disappointed to what is being allowed to happen.

For example, if the person that personally attacked me recently did not show their hand (multi nic spammer and attempting to ruin the community) they could have continued for at least another 24 hours whilst 'T2W looked into it'. This was a disgrace and could and should have been handled more gracefully and awaited evidence, even in the face of members here coming to my aid. The mods done a good job from how they've been trained and handled as best as they know but it's obvious it has to start from the top down.

I think personally I would have liked some kind of explanation about this as it left me in a somewhat hurt and disappointed situation, if I'm honest it was some of the great members and friends I have here that kept my chin up.

I hope that Steve is reading and is aware of the huge and damaging effects that have come of late to the forum and me personally.

This is a short post of my feelings towards what happened recently, believe me when I say it was not a nice situation to be in, especially when I use my real name and am extremely transparent and honest, but yet this person was allowed to continue with their attack. I've been here for years posting live statement, never once have I been called out for photo shopping and the reason here is clear, it's because they are real, just as I am a real person with feelings. As a trader I can switch off from the emotional side of things but when it comes t o a personal attack like this, uncalled for and certainly unwarranted without a shred of evidence but yet I' provided plenty over my time here to my genuineness, it obviously leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

PS: I now see he has been taken care of but my post will stay unedited as written.

Lee

Except reporting it does nothing but have the sig link removed, mod(s) pat themselves on back for job well done, 2 weeks later sig link is back when thread is on page 3 and goes unnoticed.

Here's a genuine question.

What seems to be the problem with banning obvious spammers?
EXAMPLE: New member ( possibly multi-nic) signs up today, violates umpteen t2w guidelines in first post, knows all about how to avoid being detected, how to post sig links, avatars, hidden links, etc...all apparently within minutes of joining but when reported by members, mods "fix" up the post and member goes merrily on his way spamming later on until a thread appears about it. Then mod(s) finally ban member and pat themselves on the back????????

Peter

not much chance of any patting ourselves on the back with you lot around to continually box our ears :LOL:.

It's really a question of timing, bit like trading. Someone working DOM may be convinced very early on, others will wait for a bit more confirmation via M10 chart or whatever.

nickweber

Has joined this morning and so far posted 2 first posts blatantly advertising with ensuring they show the site but not to enclose the link.

This person is here for their own benefit only and not for the benefit of the community. Regardless of certain rules of temporary banning or warning etc, this is blatant and should have a hard line approach taking to it immediately. In these obvious cases they should be banned without warning.

The problem with this hard lined approach is that on rare occasions an innocent person who didn't read the guidelines of the forum they signed up for and they will be banned. This is unfortunate but the reality is if the Forum continues with the conditions they have employed to date then we the people of this forum and good long standing members will be spammed by link ads, multi nics and vendors with their own interest only at heart.

In my prediction the forum would then start losing its regular members as they would simply give up trying to help out the community and look elsewhere to a place and community that does not accept this.

I must admit, and due to a specific hurtful situation that happened to me very recently here, I am very disappointed to what is being allowed to happen.

For example, if the person that personally attacked me recently did not show their hand (multi nic spammer and attempting to ruin the community) they could have continued for at least another 24 hours whilst 'T2W looked into it'. This was a disgrace and could and should have been handled more gracefully and awaited evidence, even in the face of members here coming to my aid. The mods done a good job from how they've been trained and handled as best as they know but it's obvious it has to start from the top down.

I think personally I would have liked some kind of explanation about this as it left me in a somewhat hurt and disappointed situation, if I'm honest it was some of the great members and friends I have here that kept my chin up.

I hope that Steve is reading and is aware of the huge and damaging effects that have come of late to the forum and me personally.

This is a short post of my feelings towards what happened recently, believe me when I say it was not a nice situation to be in, especially when I use my real name and am extremely transparent and honest, but yet this person was allowed to continue with their attack. I've been here for years posting live statement, never once have I been called out for photo shopping and the reason here is clear, it's because they are real, just as I am a real person with feelings. As a trader I can switch off from the emotional side of things but when it comes t o a personal attack like this, uncalled for and certainly unwarranted without a shred of evidence but yet I' provided plenty over my time here to my genuineness, it obviously leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

PS: I now see he has been taken care of but my post will stay unedited as written.

Lee

The number of spammers creeping into the fabric of T2W has continued to increase and with it comes the disruption of thread flow and trading friendly content. Lultz and the odd rant we can tolerate but the growing number of spammers, many of them illiterate dreamers ; and others who post statements, containing no content whatsoever, which collapse when you ask simple questions such as "why" or "give an example," simply waste our time.
But, having written the above, one marvels at the propensity of the human race to continue producing people who see trading as the path to riches thus bypassing determination and some intelligence necessary to achieve same. Of course these people gather at the feet of the scammer and snake oil salesman, hence the reason the two latter types continue to infiltrate T2W.
The Mods have a tough time and deserve some practical support from the owner of the site. If not, many people, myself included, could drift away and trade in isolation or spend time at another site. Sadly, My dislike of scammers and desire to help others and to learn from the few good traders here, means I continue to linger:)

Last edited:
Hi Lee,
I'll make sure Steve is aware of the thread and have moved it to the 'Site News & Feedback' forum - as the issues discussed are germane to the administration of T2W and how it's moderated.
Tim.

Hi Lee,
I'll make sure Steve is aware of the thread and have moved it to the 'Site News & Feedback' forum - as the issues discussed are germane to the administration of T2W and how it's moderated.
Tim.

perhaps we need one of those identity code thingys to type in that are on a lot of other sites (?)

not my preference though as more time wasted .....:whistling

N

Hi Lee,
Tim.

Perhaps spending 5 minutes to seriously ask yourself why mr spreadbetting (and others) regard your forum as a "marketers paradise" might shred some useful light on this problem

However, I suspect t2w's management will continue to stick their collective heads in the sand until such time the whole shooting match implodes around you.

You are fiddling why Rome burns :LOL:

OK, wtf???

Why are my posts in other threads (on topic lulz, nothing offensive) getting removed but the sh1t described on this thread takes a supernatural act to get removed/banned?

WTF is wrong with this place anymore?

It's just about a big waste of time posting anything anymore.Same reason why I stopped posting on the mike baghdady type threads....research and post GOOD info, only to see posts removed.

WTF is wrong with this place anymore?

Peter

Why are my posts in other threads (on topic lulz, nothing offensive) getting removed but the sh1t described on this thread takes a supernatural act to get removed/banned?

I asked Jon to remove the pictures of Shania Twain, Martine McCutcheon and the other woman as it was a full on derail caused by me and Hakuna. I don't understand why Jon removed your post.

Last edited:
Someone took issue with Wacky's post and reported it. Since it was off-topic, it got deleted along with the rest of the stuff in that thread.

Also, Pete, I love ya, but please be patient. These vendors are as annoying to me as they are to you, but until T2W finds an acceptable vendor/member balance, the issue will persist whatever we do...

On the other hand, more could definitely be done to get rid of 'bots/spammers. I think I've found a way to stay more on top of these that works for me. We'll see how it goes. :)

Someone took issue with Wacky's post and reported it. Since it was off-topic, it got deleted along with the rest of the stuff in that thread.\

FAIL

Reread the thread and see if you still want to stand by that part of your post.

The point I'm making is about how good members are being treated. The actual post was noting of consequence so no big deal, but the spammers who violate 50% of the guidelines here get weeks worth of consideration before finally getting the ax while a good member gets only about 1.5 seconds of consideration.

Peter

Your post got reported, simple as that. If you want something to be noticed, then please report it as it does work. We're not asking members to do our job for us, but if you notice something we don't, then it does more to help everyone's cause to report it than to complain that nothing is getting done, eh? :)

As for the thread, yes, I would stand by those words as I was only explaining what happened as I saw it. I see Jon got in the thread and cleaned stuff up. If you mean he could have kept monitoring the thread to see if more off-topic posts were being made, then I would agree with you (or maybe he was, and thought the posts were fine? I don't know). I've gone ahead and deleted those, whatever the case.