How do people get it so wrong

I would say proper money management, is the most important aspect of trading. Without it, a natural statistical variation will take its toll on your capital.

Well another way to look at if you think trading is easy, just look over a 5min chart of at the end of a days trading count how many places you could have won a 30pt trades,maybe twice,maybe 10 times..

I disagree with a lot of your post, but the main bit I find curious is the bit highlighted. Cable alone (since 6:40 this morning) has offered up approx. 6 opportunites to take 20 pips+ off a 5 minute chart...and I'd suggest if 5 min is 'your thing' then a net retained 20 pip profit per trade (on one pair alone) lasting on average an hour is the dogs' bollox..:)

I disagree with a lot of your post, but the main bit I find curious is the bit highlighted. Cable alone (since 6:40 this morning) has offered up approx. 6 opportunites to take 20 pips+ off a 5 minute chart...and I'd suggest if 5 min is 'your thing' then a net retained 20 pip profit per trade (on one pair alone) lasting on average an hour is the dogs' bollox..:)

I did say hypothetical, besides I said 30pts not 20, next you'll be saying 10pts (discipline) stick to the rules old boy.I was trying to
highlight how important timing is,W.D. Gann said timing is more important than price, of course if you know better.

I did say hypothetical, besides I said 30pts not 20, next you'll be saying 10pts (discipline) stick to the rules old boy.I was trying to
highlight how important timing is,W.D. Gann said timing is more important than price, of course if you know better.

30pip profit is IMHO an unrealistic (net retained) target off a 5 min chart. 20 isn't. :)