How do these people read and post so quick

he's not new lee, joined 2010.

if I was going to bet then i'd say there was possibly a sig link on the way.

MANY of his posts have already been removed. That's the problem. Also, just because the rest look clean (according to t2w rules) doesn't mean there isn't a problem. If he continues to post rapid fire all the way down the page that's a problem, whether it's in the rules or not. no one wants to bother sifting through that cr@p.

Peter

This place is being overrun by vendors and spammers just posting away as fast as they can. It really is annoying to try to read threads.

There are so many of these guys. This one is still going as I am typing this and he should have been banned long ago.

Peter

banned on what grounds?

banned on what grounds?

Well you coudl give an initial warning, and then subsequent ban on the grounds of :

1.03 Don’t post rubbish.

1.4 Don't post just to increase your post count.

1.6 Do not spam. This is posting forum messages that offer no significant value to the topic. Most of these kinds of posts are just single-word posts that have no meaning or value whatsoever.

1.7 Keep your posts related to the topic of the thread. Irrelevant posts, particularly those which are intended to take the thread completely off topic, will be moved to a new thread, or may be removed altogether.

see lee's post above :)

Peter

the posts, in my view, are broadly on subject topic with no ads (as yet but give it time) so no rules per say are broken. the posting stats for ituglobal is "Posts Per Day: 0.02" if anyone doesn't care for the content then there's the ignore tool, that's what it's there for.

I believe there is a danger of going down a road of content moderating here, to suit a minority. I for one won't be supportive of such a move.

the posts, in my view, are broadly on subject topic with no ads (as yet but give it time) so no rules per say are broken. the posting stats for ituglobal is "Posts Per Day: 0.02" if anyone doesn't care for the content then there's the ignore tool, that's what it's there for.

I believe there is a danger of going down a road of content moderating here, to suit a minority. I for one won't be supportive of such a move.

The ignore works on the grounds that it is one poster that needs to be ignored. This has been going on for quite a while, and not just ituglobal.

I agree with you about content moderating. That's not the case here. You're missing what is obvious. There is no content here.

Example:
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/trading-psychology/168286-psychology-problem-2.html#post2140594

You may think that's on topic, and not breaching any rules. To me it's obviously nonsense with no content, and isn't related to the topic.

If you were in doubt about it, google the post. You'll find a duplicate here

Page 16 - E_Tra0611

here

Is The FX Markets Scary?

and probably several other places.

P.S. Can a mod please delete these last two links from my post when the penny has dropped

Now this is obvious to many of us, for a long time.

Pete, I 100% agree with you. These guys add no value to the site and are 'bots/spammers whatever anyone might say.

Just hang on for a bit is all I can say right now...

MANY of his posts have already been removed. That's the problem. Also, just because the rest look clean (according to t2w rules) doesn't mean there isn't a problem. If he continues to post rapid fire all the way down the page that's a problem, whether it's in the rules or not. no one wants to bother sifting through that cr@p.

Peter

I have no idea on his posting history, we can only speculate about what can be seen now, maybe they have deleted lot's already? I don't know, if they have then he should already be on watch for what he posts? I have no idea of mod ops these days.

The ignore list DOESN'T fix the problem in my previous post with the poster posting all down the page. I still see his name and the threads. Same thing.

The minority you speak of is the only group who still posts anything of value here.

Anyway, that's my last word on the subject. I'm not going to beat a dead horse. t2w is lightyears behind the scammers/spammers/linksters/vendors.

Spamming is up, quality content is down, but ignore the minority you speak of.

Peter

The ignore works on the grounds that it is one poster that needs to be ignored. This has been going on for quite a while, and not just ituglobal.

I agree with you about content moderating. That's not the case here. You're missing what is obvious. There is no content here.

Example:
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/trading-psychology/168286-psychology-problem-2.html#post2140594

You may think that's on topic, and not breaching any rules. To me it's obviously nonsense with no content, and isn't related to the topic.

Page 16 - E_Tra0611

here

Is The FX Markets Scary?

P.S. Can a mod please delete these last two links from my post when the penny has dropped

I still say they are sig link carrier posts, the usual ploy is to leave it a few days then drop it in later, if they haven't already been removed of course? kittycriston's posts were usually found also on other boards complete with her ad links.

I guess where i'm coming from is that I believe that there should be a freedom for members to post their view, whether it is rubbish, wrong or whatever. it is a discussion board and members can and should pick up the point and put said member straight. saying that members should have their posts removed because it's deemed devoid of content and just rubbish is the move down the dangerous road, who's going to judge?

Example:

Page 16 - E_Tra0611

here

Is The FX Markets Scary?

Good work there Shakone.

It's obvious then, this person is boosting their Google rank and credibility by linking their own site back to here then their name with various (insignificant) posts by mentioning the name of good reputable sites like T2W.

In other words they're using this place for their own personal gain but not actually contributing anything of any value.

Just constant quick firing of posts without clearly having the time to read the last post plus write let alone reading the thread and relevant posts to it, then moving on to another thread and doing the same.....and all within 30 (ish) seconds.

I suppose I'm not so baffled now as to why this happens. Good to talk about it though but personally feel something more could be done here rather than just talk.

The ignore list DOESN'T fix the problem in my previous post with the poster posting all down the page. I still see his name and the threads. Same thing.

The minority you speak of is the only group who still posts anything of value here.

Anyway, that's my last word on the subject. I'm not going to beat a dead horse. t2w is lightyears behind the scammers/spammers/linksters/vendors.

Spamming is up, quality content is down, but ignore the minority you speak of.

Peter

I'm sure if we just give them a chance to prove themselves it will all work out well.

Attachments

• Just give them a chance.jpg
    Just give them a chance.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 229
I'm sure if we just give them a chance to prove themselves it will all work out well.

You're teetering on the brink of having Godwins Law being invoked, thereby losing the argument.

This is an example of a content-free post that adds no value to the discussion.

I still say they are sig link carrier posts, the usual ploy is to leave it a few days then drop it in later,

How does that work LM because after a short time posts cannot be edited so they cannot come back later and add something ?

It's obvious then, this person is boosting their Google rank and credibility by linking their own site back to here then their name with various (insignificant) posts by mentioning the name of good reputable sites like T2W.

Well that used to work but I thought Google now punishes this kind of activity and there are even companies suing each other over this issue.