Started trading with Capital Spreads

Does anyone know the code for the euro/dollar currency pair for Interactive brokers please?

Can never get the hang of their symbol look up for currency pairs !!

To get the chart on Sierra via mytrack the symbol is CU.EU

Thanks in advance.

Fair-do's!

I'm not given much to posting but frequently lurk here.

I think it's a bit unfair to be so picky about Capital Spreads' system when they have simply made the effort to clarify their position here. They have their rules; if you don't like them, you aren't forced to trade with them. I'll give them a whirl, though, as I'm happy to see a new player in the somewhat stagnant spreadbetting arena.

I opened an account with them last week - it took a few minutes online and I had confirmation within 1/2 hour. Although I have yet to place a trade, I do (so far) like their efficiency and openhandedness, so I'm hoping for good things from and for them.

Back in me box, now! :cool:

boy

I am sorry coming back late here

I have to assume big business works for d4f his answer was actually wrong ........no wonder his rating is such a shocking colour....if anyone really believes that the dividend flow pays for the interest costs such that your position is actually cheaper now than six months ago then I would suggest that they take a quick course in financial mathmatics.

The only time this might happen would be in say japan or the US at the moment. But as companies in these countries seldom pay dividends in the same way as the UK, even there it would be unlikely.

If you had rolled the ftse position every day for about eight months you would have received about 2% in dividends but lost about 5% in rolling costs. so you would now be long at around 3390.

a future would have cost you about 20 points

regards

simon

ladybird,

I thought it was Simon being picky about Deal4free's system! It was an unlikely scenario he highlighted and did not look at the advantages of using rolling cash bets for day-trading or shorting. I found his comments and attitude were starting to insult my intelligence. But each to their own.

Edit:-

Simon,

....if anyone really believes that the dividend flow pays for the interest costs such that your position is actually cheaper now than six months ago then I would suggest that they take a quick course in financial mathmatics.

If you read my post I did not say that. I was just pointing out that you had conveniently ignored this fact.

I don't work for D4free. I think they offer a poor service. It just happens to be the best around at the moment.

Last edited:
Are there other ppl who have opened an account with Capital spreads, i love their simulated trading platform which i have been using for about 2 weeks now, but i just want to know what ppl's experiences have been trading with them 4 real before putting money in my account. I am very wary of the fact that they are very new hence my wanting to be very sure before commiting myself to them.

I am using them at the moment, very good. Had a slight glitch with a trade but e mailed them and got a response in minutes. Also received compensation for problem.

It is all very smooth since then although not done huge amounts fo trades as like you just trying to feel my feet with them first rather than jumping in big time. So just put a small amout in first.

Yup, I've been using them for the past week. I had one glitch when a "New Order" i.e. a Stop Order did not trigger a sell trade, but apart from that so far 9/10.

But ain't it grand to have an alternative?

I have since opened it with a small amount , it seems ok even tho i had a similar prob as kswalsh but it was rectified as soon as possible.... their platform is better than most of the big boys IMO.

Just reading the Opening Post on this thread shows how far SB and Capital Spreads have come !!

Just reading the Opening Post on this thread shows how far SB and Capital Spreads have come !!

A bucket shop is probably OK for a Walter punter to have some fun with. If you ever want to start trading (instead of following £25-a-month signals) you'll need something a little better. :LOL: