How do I maximize profits from being right 80%+ of the time?

nbalance

Hello All,
I am new to t2w. I believe in the law of reciprocity, so to those who provide the most helpful answers I will be more than happy to share my calls/trades with them via e-mail for a week or so. That way we can both profit!

I have been able to consistently predict stock and currency movements with an 80% - 90%+ accuracy for several years now. However because I have no background in trading I have just now have worked up the confidence to start trading with real money. Things are going very well, but being inexperienced at all of the tricks of the trade so to speak, I am certain, considering how accurate I am, that I am leaving money on the table.

I am able to predict both intraday and multi-day price movements for any high volume stock (i.e. goog, aapl, c, etc) or currency simply by looking at the chart and visualizing where the chart is going to move in my head. I don't use any technical indicators or studies as I find that just creates more noise in my head and distracts me from seeing what is next.

Lately I have been focusing on forex trading because of the 50:1 leverage (I'm in the US). I am consistently making 7 to 25 pips per trade on the EUR/USD. I typically hold a position anywhere from a few minutes to several hours.

So my question is this: If you were able to be as accurate I am at reading charts how would you best capitalize on it? Would you trade stock options? Would you trade forex? What kind of cash management methods would you use? Are there tricks of the trade, etc that you would use?

One thing to mention is that my goal is to maximize profit while spending as little time as possible in front of the computer trading as possible. I work for myself from home so I am able to trade full time, but I had rather spend most of my time doing other things.

Thanks so much!

-nbalance

Hello All,
I am new to t2w. I believe in the law of reciprocity, so to those who provide the most helpful answers I will be more than happy to share my calls/trades with them via e-mail for a week or so. That way we can both profit!

I have been able to consistently predict stock and currency movements with an 80% - 90%+ accuracy for several years now. However because I have no background in trading I have just now have worked up the confidence to start trading with real money. Things are going very well, but being inexperienced at all of the tricks of the trade so to speak, I am certain, considering how accurate I am, that I am leaving money on the table.

I am able to predict both intraday and multi-day price movements for any high volume stock (i.e. goog, aapl, c, etc) or currency simply by looking at the chart and visualizing where the chart is going to move in my head. I don't use any technical indicators or studies as I find that just creates more noise in my head and distracts me from seeing what is next.

Lately I have been focusing on forex trading because of the 50:1 leverage (I'm in the US). I am consistently making 7 to 25 pips per trade on the EUR/USD. I typically hold a position anywhere from a few minutes to several hours.

So my question is this: If you were able to be as accurate I am at reading charts how would you best capitalize on it? Would you trade stock options? Would you trade forex? What kind of cash management methods would you use? Are there tricks of the trade, etc that you would use?

One thing to mention is that my goal is to maximize profit while spending as little time as possible in front of the computer trading as possible. I work for myself from home so I am able to trade full time, but I had rather spend most of my time doing other things.

Thanks so much!

-nbalance

There's no quick fix. You should have a proper plan, and write down exactly what happened after you get out of the position, whether the price moved immediately against you or you could have made 50 more ticks. You may find by writing it down that you still leave a lot on the table.

There's no quick fix. You should have a proper plan, and write down exactly what happened after you get out of the position, whether the price moved immediately against you or you could have made 50 more ticks. You may find by writing it down that you still leave a lot on the table.

Thank you for your reply.

I am sorry I should have been more clear with my question. I am getting out of my positions at the right times so I am not leaving much profit on the table that way. I will restate my question as this: From talking with people and reading stuff online it seems as though my ability to consistently be right about price movements is rare. How do I earn the most money possible from my talent while working as little as possible?

Clearer now?

Thanks!

nbalance

I am sorry I should have been more clear with my question. I am getting out of my positions at the right times so I am not leaving much profit on the table that way. I will restate my question as this: From talking with people and reading stuff online it seems as though my ability to consistently be right about price movements is rare. How do I earn the most money possible from my talent while working as little as possible?

Clearer now?

Thanks!

nbalance

lulz. Go to church and pray that you can be right 100% of the time. Steal Stephen Hawkins chair, then you don't even have to speak, you can just twitch your muscles and it will trade for you.

Only 80% ? I easily do better.

Just do a make money while you sleep thread. Then you will get plenty of people signing up and paying you for your signals.

Clearer now?

Thanks!

nbalance

Become a {cough SCAM} vendor and sell your multi-day signals.
But you already knew that, right?

Peter

Become a {cough SCAM} vendor and sell your multi-day signals.
But you already knew that, right?

Peter

Hahaha, I certainly have no interest in doing that! Now I think I should have asked this:

What instrument or derivative provides the greatest potentials of returns if you are right (even if it is through leverage), is reasonably volatile, has a high amount of liquidity, has tight spreads, and can be easily traded in both directions (going up or down)?

From my limited knowledge it seems to me that naked stock options provide the greatest potential for returns, but I don't know so that is why I am asking.

Thanks!

nbalance

How can you have limited knowledge yet be right 80% of the time?

Save us all some time and tell us how much you charge.(y)

How can you have limited knowledge yet be right 80% of the time?

Save us all some time and tell us how much you charge.(y)

Wow, you guys must be overrun by people trying to sell you their tips or "systems". Nothing for sell here.

The reason I have limited knowledge is because my talent is at reading charts but I know very little about the financial markets and trading. My seemingly unique ability has to do with being able to just look at a chart and being able to accurately visualize where it is going next. I don't use any studies or technical indicators. It really doesn't matter what the chart is for (futures, stock, currencies, etc.) as long it involves a high volume of transactions. I prefer to use the minute chart for intraday trades.

nbalance.

we all went through that stage. you see the chart and think aha EUR is going to 1.4 in 3-5 days.

and if it does you think - i am a frigging genius, and if it doesnt you happily forget the lapse.

trading real money however makes this kinda genius thingy go bust quickly.

trading is not about be right or wrong but managing wins and losses.

Hello All,

Thanks so much!

-nbalance

Is your name Luuuke, as I feel the force is strong with you my friend. Do not turn
to the dark side (vendorism) as the impererial army (vendor haters) will hunt you down
my Jedi friend!!

May the force be with you :sneaky:

we all went through that stage. you see the chart and think aha EUR is going to 1.4 in 3-5 days.

and if it does you think - i am a frigging genius, and if it doesnt you happily forget the lapse.

trading real money however makes this kinda genius thingy go bust quickly.

trading is not about be right or wrong but managing wins and losses.

I appreciate your feedback but I am already trading with real money and doing so profitably (averaging about 3% growth per day). I guess my question is about what I can trade that has the greatest potential for returns not necessarily about how to enter and exit trades.

I appreciate your feedback but I am already trading with real money and doing so profitably (averaging about 3% growth per day). I guess my question is about what I can trade that has the greatest potential for returns not necessarily about how to enter and exit trades.

Why bother? If you're averaging 3% a day you'll be a multi-millionaire before the years out ::whistling.

I would stick with trading the EUR/USD. In three years time you will be the most powerful man in the universe.
You will own everything and everyone, and you will be worshipped like a god. Good work son.

Why bother? If you're averaging 3% a day you'll be a multi-millionaire before the years out ::whistling.

Well the returns are very good, but time is of the essence so the highest the returns possible are preferred. It seems like I may be able to make at least double that with naked calls and puts on active stocks, but it doesn't seem to scale up as well to big money since the liquidity is much lower.

Well the returns are very good, but time is of the essence so the highest the returns possible are preferred. It seems like I may be able to make at least double that with naked calls and puts on active stocks, but it doesn't seem to scale up as well to big money since the liquidity is much lower.

For big players you need to get into bonds. Judging by your size, I recommend bonds for the G8 countries. The other countries would be a bit too small for what you need to do. Consider contacting the Chinese embassy and do them a deal to off load their dollar holdings. They need someone big to take it off their hands.

By the way, why are you in a hurry ? You need the money for what ?

Last edited: