How can T2W better serve its community?

Sharky

Admin
5,642 434
You can delete them Trendie. I've noticed a lot are come from Philippines, so I've added some extra protection there. I've shut down registration temporarily until they lose interest. They can't post without getting their post approved, so they'll soon figure out they're waiting their time here. Thanks for the heads-up all!

• Love
Reactions: CavaliereVerde

Nowler

Experienced member
1,515 225
You can delete them Trendie. I've noticed a lot are come from Philippines, so I've added some extra protection there. I've shut down registration temporarily until they lose interest. They can't post without getting their post approved, so they'll soon figure out they're waiting their time here. Thanks for the heads-up all!

Do you find that this sort of thing increases dramatically as markets become more manic?
Just like the million ads I have been increasingly getting over the past 12 months when watching Youtube.
Ones far less sophisticated than what I usually see

Reactions: CavaliereVerde

Sharky

Admin
5,642 434
Do you find that this sort of thing increases dramatically as markets become more manic?
Just like the million ads I have been increasingly getting over the past 12 months when watching Youtube.
Ones far less sophisticated than what I usually see
No really, to be honest, I can't recall the last time we had such an onslaught. I do think that the level of sophistication has gone up a level, you can imagine if we had a lot more traffic, it could easily go unnoticed, they seem to be able to get around all the recaptcha's available, as well as custom Q&As; quite possible there's a whole bunch of actual people in a third world country assisting with it all. I think after Gamestop people have woken up to the power of the collective, so I expect we'll have much more of this going forward. :/

Raise the drawbridge!!!

timsk

Legendary member
7,600 2,374
  1. anstrasia5is now following you.
    Today at 10:27 AM
  2. S
    Stocking Sapphireis now following you.
  3. [IMG alt="Sharky"]https://www.trade2win.com/data/avatars/s/0/3.jpg?1543667502[/IMG]
    Sharky reacted to your post in the thread How can T2W better serve its community? with
    Like.
    Today at 10:23 AM
  4. W
    Wonderreris now following you.
    Today at 10:00 AM
  5. S
    StockingWealthis now following you.
    Today at 9:58 AM
  6. T
    Tradecoryis now following you.
    Today at 9:23 AM
  7. S
    Stockkaiis now following you.
    Today at 9:16 AM
  8. A
    angelonia34is now following you.
    Today at 6:39 AM
    Hi Paul,
    A few more for you - minus your good self of course!

:p
    Tim.

Reactions: Sharky
G

Guest36985

0 0
  1. anstrasia5is now following you.
  2. S
    Stocking Sapphireis now following you.
  3. [IMG alt="Sharky"]https://www.trade2win.com/data/avatars/s/0/3.jpg?1543667502[/IMG]
    Sharky reacted to your post in the thread How can T2W better serve its community? with View attachment 298381 Like.
    Today at 10:23 AM
  4. W
    Wonderreris now following you.
    Today at 10:00 AM
  5. S
    StockingWealthis now following you.
    Today at 9:58 AM
  6. T
    Tradecoryis now following you.
    Today at 9:23 AM
  7. S
    Stockkaiis now following you.
    Today at 9:16 AM
  8. A
    angelonia34is now following you.
    Today at 6:39 AM
    Hi Paul,
    A few more for you - minus your good self of course!

:p
    Tim.

It's funny how everyone with an ounce of sense realised it was a scam, but one in-duh-vidual actually thought he had become really popular and complained to Sharky how unfair it was that one of the mods (Trader333) was deleting his followers.
His plea ... "By deflecting newbioes away from my Profile it is setting them up for failure as the rest of your site geniasses are dumbphucks. Is this what you want? For newbies to fail right at the starting gate? Keep an eye on Trader333. Dolbeck is dirty! "

We all know who it is ... 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Wanker.png

counter_violent

Legendary member
11,267 3,005
It wasn't even me who deleted them which goes to show just how easy it is to spread false information and fake news.
We learned from MSM. So it is not fake news !

Fox news anchor interviews President Trump and refers to Biden as Biden. :ROFLMAO: Priceless !

CavaliereVerde

Experienced member
1,548 1,992

We have a lot of members that register and than desappear after 5 minutes.
I think they are all bots.
What about deleting every member with 0 comments after one month from registration?
There is no point in subrscribing a forum if you have nothing to say.

G

Guest36985

0 0

We have a lot of members that register and than desappear after 5 minutes.
I think they are all bots.
What about deleting every member with 0 comments after one month from registration?
There is no point in subrscribing a forum if you have nothing to say.
Disagree.
It was at least 3 months before I made my first post simply because I didnt want to make a fool of myself first time (like everything in life). Now I dont care if I make a fool of myself obviously.
Firstly whats the benefit of deleting new members with no posts?
If there is a benefit then a simple sql query on the average time for a person to make a post after registering (plus at least one standard deviation to keep at least 66% of the real members) would be a more scientific approach.

CavaliereVerde

Experienced member
1,548 1,992
It was at least 3 months before I made my first post simply because I didnt want to make a fool of myself first time (like everything in life). Now I dont care if I make a fool of myself obviously.
Firstly whats the benefit of deleting new members with no posts?
Ok let's extend it to 3 months...
The point is, you can read the forum as guest and register when you want to ask/contribute.
What's the point of thousands of fake members?
I think a real member would at least writ a comment in the "introduce yourself" thread.

Trader333

8,655 981
I am not quite sure what the issue is here ? There have been many members join over the years and didn't post but were still members and then years later decide to post. The reason why some members (bots) are disappearing is that they are being banned when we catch up with them. It is getting easier to spot the bots nowdays and @Sharky has put in place the need for any first post to be moderated before it appears on T2W so there should be less of an issue than we recently had.

CavaliereVerde

Experienced member
1,548 1,992
t2wnewmembers1.png

How many of them are real? 1 or 2...
Ok, it is not a huge problem but if I want to check last 10 REAL registrations the cue is already full of junk.
We can call it cleanness

Trader333

8,655 981
I have banned several today already and I am unsure what purpose there is in wanting to check who the latest members are ? If we had the situation we had last week then that is understandable although trying to check the over 400 new members (bots) that registered in one afternoon last week would have taken a long time. Either way banning people just because they don't post doesn't make sense to me because if a bot is able to post then that would mean we should let it continue and not ban it.

trendie

Legendary member
6,840 1,398
Ok let's extend it to 3 months...
The point is, you can read the forum as guest and register when you want to ask/contribute.
What's the point of thousands of fake members?
I think a real member would at least writ a comment in the "introduce yourself" thread.
I think if its possible to monitor their activity, eg, browsing threads, etc, accessing T2W regularly, they are likely real, human members.
I suspect bots just get registered, then don't browse threads.
So, maybe monitoring the "last seen" metric might help?

It is fair for newbies not to want to post if they are genuinely new to trading and want to learn first, as opposed to experienced traders who hear about T2W, and confidently post after a short time.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock