How are YOU going to position yourself for the CRASH

Pat494

Legendary member
An interesting talk to a survivor of hard times. The CRASH is expected soon. The virus might be enough to tip the balance. If not that, it could be ballooning debt.

...The CRASH is expected soon

That has been stated for at least the last 7 years. That said, it is possible that if a pandemic happens then the markets will go into reverse in which case switch to gold or government bonds.

My immediate concern would be the collapse of the SB firm I use, followed by the collapse of the Financial Services Compensation Scheme before I could get reimbursed.

But if a real global crash occurs, which leads into an extended global depression, we'd quickly reach the point at which there is no asset which could be owned now which could then be sold for any realistic value.

China and Russia have made all the arrangements for an alternative to the petro-dollar.
The US foreign policy over the last 30 years has been so inept that they will have large support. With the collapse of the dollar everything in The West is going to rise in price, especially petrol. Watch the video and judge for yourself.

Meah.

The coro-virus is not tipping the balance, at least not yet, by a long way.

A few weeks of lemming like stocks and disruptions to certain sectors and overall global trade is not the apocalypse.

A few hundred already nearly dead or vulnerable people dying is no crisis.

When they run out of body bags, start digging pits with bulldozers and not bothering to tag the bodies before incinerating them on masse, - that's a crisis.

When whole markets drop 50% in a day, and repeat that day after day, then you have a crisis.

Until then, all you've got is a lot of arm waving and shouting about more or less nothing.

:)

Just because the politicians refuse to even contemplate the debt crisis it won't just go away.
Trump is naturally upbeat claiming the stock market rises are all down to him,

Maybe he won't be too bothered not getting re-elected so the next Potus will have to try and sort out the mess.

Meanwhile, to reply to the title of the thread.

Positioning for Economic Crash.

Move investments into actual things of real tangible value.

Liquidate portion of investments into accessible funds ready to buy cheap.

Keep investments in things that are needed and therefore in demand regardless.

Stockpile things that are likely to be in short supply.

Oh, and of course, gloat.

The crash is likely to begin when the Rothchilds start cashing in their profits. They then wait for the bottom to buy up companies cheaply. A simple but effective cycle.

The crash is likely to begin when the Rothchilds start cashing in their profits. They then wait for the bottom to buy up companies cheaply. A simple but effective cycle.

Completely rational Pat, but it depends on having a pile of unused cash at the bottom. To maximise capital, this means selling assets before the crash. Which brings us back to square 1 - none of us are here because we want to sit on cash.

Meah.

....... all you've got is a lot of arm waving and shouting about more or less nothing.

Sooooo, business as usual really - I take it that you're not liquidating yr assets or filling the storeroom with tins of food....I'm disappointed. No doom and gloom; where's the fun in that?

And it sounds like there'll be no gloating either:(

Completely rational Pat, but it depends on having a pile of unused cash at the bottom. To maximise capital, this means selling assets before the crash. Which brings us back to square 1 - none of us are here because we want to sit on cash.

True.
I am usually saying the right thing but never confident enough to actually do it. Sitting tight saves on commissions and effort but in hindsight I completely missed the boat.

Sooooo, business as usual really - I take it that you're not liquidating yr assets or filling the storeroom with tins of food....I'm disappointed. No doom and gloom; where's the fun in that?

And it sounds like there'll be no gloating either:(

Not much point if you're of a certain age, Coronovirus -> Pneumonia -> death

Even for youngers the same depending on state of immune system, what are the long term effects, can it be caught twice? States aren't rolling out the hardware to keep people locked up (quarantine) for a flu-like virus, there is something they are not telling us (or they just don't know), is this bio-warfare grade or just Skripal grade?

Impossible to stop now the ball is well and truly rolling.

I take it that you're not liquidating yr assets or filling the storeroom with tins of food....I'm disappointed. No doom and gloom; where's the fun in that?

Most certainly not. :LOL:

I know, I know, most horribly disappointing and a bit boring really.

But while all the headlines are about 5 days of losses and profit warnings and shutdowns etc etc...

...my own meager portfolio shows a modest overall gain on the day and no significant losses.

Admittedly, the oil shares have recorded a 15% drop, but that's more than offset elsewhere.

Overall, whilst I've missed a few opportunities for gains, I'm content to sit this one out for the present.

That's a point ! :)

Have some masks bought a while back for faffing about with insulation and stuff.
[ Last used completely ineffectively for dealing with yukk contents of expired fridge.]

When the bid price for masks reaches $1000, I think I'll put them on e-bay. :D

That's a point ! :)

Have some masks bought a while back for faffing about with insulation and stuff.
[ Last used completely ineffectively for dealing with yukk contents of expired fridge.]

When the bid price for masks reaches $1000, I think I'll put them on e-bay. :D

I've got a full respirator available, the canister might be a bit out of date......trots down to local Army & Navy surplus store......

They reckon the survivalists and farmers will be gloating while the majority can only think of rioting.

Anyone take any notice of the dire warnings ?
Get those supplies ( tins etc. ) in because it will continue for some time I expect, regardless of what the politicians say.