How addicted to T2W are you?

Last edited:
I've heard about this before ...

....is it something to do with dogs?

Many SS meet ups involve football hooligans & bare knuckles :eek:. SS's are also convenient, mutually agreeable places to complete a transaction - such as purchase of some 2nd hand ski boots for example :idea:.

By the way, I've seen plenty famous people in service stations - don't ask me why, it just always seems to happen :clover:.

I'm so far not addicted to T2W. But I start to like it.
That is because you have not been doing it long enough having only joined in Dec 2007. This is how we all start, we think that we only do it now and again and that we can handle it and use it just for recreation purposes. Then we find that actually we are unable to stop and that it is no longer just for recreation and that we cannot do without it. The substitutes offered just don't work the same. I have considered joining the self help group called T2W Anonymous. When you join you have to stand up and tell people your name and then admit that you are a T2Wollic. At least you are among others who have the same condition and I have heard that it does help

:)

Paul

Many SS meet ups involve football hooligans & bare knuckles :eek:. SS's are also convenient, mutually agreeable places to complete a transaction - such as purchase of some ski boots for example.

By the way, I've seen plenty famous people in service stations - don't ask me why, it just always seems to happen :clover:.

JT. Before you next invite someone to meet you at a service station, I suggest you take a look here

Swinging Heaven > UK Dogging

Is this how T2W-aholics operate....

T2W - they suck you in :devilish::!:

First off, they belittle you by labelling you a "rookie". "Junior" member isn't much better. Then you become a "member" (what the hell was i up to this point:confused:).
Then it gets interesting, as you gain recognition as a "senior" member. You gain credibility as a "veteran" member. As a legendary member, you gain (some peoples) respect - the 1000 post barrier.
After this, you are always going to be a legend, no-one can take that from you. But u have to have goals. The on-going aims then become two-fold;-

1) Reputation Points. RE: Pip Junkies/Pip Slaves -
You try & make each post as good as possible, and hope that someone will find it useful and reward you with some pips. So your goal is to accumulate the green & gold squares & reputation power. Mwuhahahaha :devilish:;).
You may set yourself individual post challenges to see how many people approve of any one single post of yours. My current PB is 3.
Often, you make good posts, and no one reps you - You Can't Believe It! You wonder why :confused::cry:, & work harder & smarter at being a crowd pleaser - the art of gaining rep points.
Some T2W-aholics become slaves to the T2W-pip game, and u spot them a mile away - as they try so, so, so, so hard to impress and collect their pips - (they are deluded & imagine they are Bruce Lee or Jackie Chan - collecting their black-belts with gold tags, black-belts 1st dan etc. etc. with every square of rep gained:cry:) and u decide not to rep these mercenaries - IT'S FOR THEIR OWN GOOD :smart:!
Their motivation might even be something like - to get just one set of pips from that longstanding member who has never given them any. Any source of motivation will do.
Some T2W pip-slaves solicit other T2W members, in the hope of becoming mutually beneficial "pip-buddies" ;).

2) The Member List. RE: Mirror, mirror on the wall, who is the fairiest of them all?
You look at the member list, and suddenly you're in the top 30, on the first page (of the biggest & best trading website in the world :smart:!). And place by place you find yourself in the top 25, top 20, top dozen, top 10 etc. etc.
When you get to around 3000 posts, you think - "Now i'm here, (if i play my cards right, play the long game, and don't get banned like poor old SOCRATES), should i make a run on the top 5? i can even see old chartman on the distant horizon :clap:. Do i want to get to the top 5? does it mean anything? will it make me any happier? will it ease my addiction?....Well, there's only one way to find out!"...........
so you start posting absolute ******** - wasting your time & everyone elses into the bargain. You don't even need to write anything, as a smilie will suffice ;).

It all helps to fill the void of being a solitary trader. But creates a new void - as your thirst for the top spot, more rep points and more rep power - Mwuhahahaha :devilish:;) - continues....
B4 you know it, you are spending your days with one eye on a chart, and the other on T2W, endlessly flicking between the VIEW NEW POSTS button, and the USER CP (checking for pip deliveries :cry: !)....

Some days you make market pips, and don't make T2W pips. Other days you lose market pips, but at least you gained T2W pips. BOTH types of pips are equally important to the T2W-aholic (AKA T2W pip-junkie/T2W pip-slave), and can balance out the sense of achievement on any given day :LOL:.

Last edited:
That is because you have not been doing it long enough having only joined in Dec 2007. This is how we all start, we think that we only do it now and again and that we can handle it and use it just for recreation purposes. Then we find that actually we are unable to stop and that it is no longer just for recreation and that we cannot do without it. The substitutes offered just don't work the same. I have considered joining the self help group called T2W Anonymous. When you join you have to stand up and tell people your name and then admit that you are a T2Wollic. At least you are among others who have the same condition and I have heard that it does help

:)

Paul

I still think, I can handle it ;)

This helps me

usgang.ch

one of the better vices to have in life.

For full-time traders a forum like this is a bit of a life-saver for boredom and some human interaction.
I also know my learning curve went on turbo once I joined a forum such as this.

Must say though, I am not sure my wife would agree. ;)

T2W - they suck you in :devilish::!:

First off, they belittle you by labelling you a "rookie". "Junior" member isn't much better. Then you become a "member" (what the hell was i up to this point:confused:).
Then it gets interesting, as you gain recognition as a "senior" member. You gain credibility as a "veteran" member. As a legendary member, you gain (some peoples) respect - the 1000 post barrier.
After this, you are always going to be a legend, no-one can take that from you. But u have to have goals. The on-going aims then become two-fold;-

1) Reputation Points. RE: Pip Junkies/Pip Slaves -
You try & make each post as good as possible, and hope that someone will find it useful and reward you with some pips. So your goal is to accumulate the green & gold squares & reputation power. Mwuhahahaha :devilish:;).
You may set yourself individual post challenges to see how many people approve of any one single post of yours. My current PB is 3.
Often, you make good posts, and no one reps you - You Can't Believe It! You wonder why :confused::cry:, & work harder & smarter at being a crowd pleaser - the art of gaining rep points.
Some T2W-aholics become slaves to the T2W-pip game, and u spot them a mile away - as they try so, so, so, so hard to impress and collect their pips - (they are deluded & imagine they are Bruce Lee or Jackie Chan - collecting their black-belts with gold tags, black-belts 1st dan etc. etc. with every square of rep gained:cry:) and u decide not to rep these mercenaries - IT'S FOR THEIR OWN GOOD :smart:!
Their motivation might even be something like - to get just one set of pips from that longstanding member who has never given them any. Any source of motivation will do.
Some T2W pip-slaves solicit other T2W members, in the hope of becoming mutually beneficial "pip-buddies" ;).

2) The Member List. RE: Mirror, mirror on the wall, who is the fairiest of them all?
You look at the member list, and suddenly you're in the top 30, on the first page (of the biggest & best trading website in the world :smart:!). And place by place you find yourself in the top 25, top 20, top dozen, top 10 etc. etc.
When you get to around 3000 posts, you think - "Now i'm here, (if i play my cards right, play the long game, and don't get banned like poor old SOCRATES), should i make a run on the top 5? i can even see old chartman on the distant horizon :clap:. Do i want to get to the top 5? does it mean anything? will it make me any happier? will it ease my addiction?....Well, there's only one way to find out!"...........
so you start posting absolute ******** - wasting your time & everyone elses into the bargain. You don't even need to write anything, as a smilie will suffice ;).

It all helps to fill the void of being a solitary trader. But creates a new void - as your thirst for the top spot, more rep points and more rep power - Mwuhahahaha :devilish:;) - continues....
B4 you know it, you are spending your days with one eye on a chart, and the other on T2W, endlessly flicking between the VIEW NEW POSTS button, and the USER CP (checking for pip deliveries :cry: !)....

Some days you make market pips, and don't make T2W pips. Other days you lose market pips, but at least you gained T2W pips. BOTH types of pips are equally important to the T2W-aholic (AKA T2W pip-junkie/T2W pip-slave), and can balance out the sense of achievement on any given day :LOL:.

I think I'm more than halfway there :eek:

With the 3000 posts barrier is close, that must mean I'll soon start posting "absolute ******** "
Please fellow members, show me the door before it's too late!

Oh and btw, once you accept the fact that you're an addict you get an "Advisor" label :LOL:

I think I'm more than halfway there :eek:

With the 3000 posts barrier is close, that must mean I'll soon start posting "absolute ******** "
Please fellow members, show me the door before it's too late!

Oh and btw, once you accept the fact that you're an addict you get an "Advisor" label :LOL:

And for a true T2W-aholic - 20 posts per day barely makes u break a sweat :cry: :rolleyes:.

I know of another forum where a member has posted 6130 times since December 2006 :eek::cry:.

I had a dream last night :sleep:. It was a T2W dream :eek:. This is a step too far for me I'm afraid :confused:.

Therefore i am not going to post anymore on T2W - unless the information that i seek to gather or share is deemed "essential" or even "priceless" - in my humble opinion of course!

:D

Happy trading y'all.

Rols - you can relax now - :LOL:.

I had a dream last night :sleep:. It was a T2W dream :eek:. This is a step too far for me I'm afraid :confused:.

Therefore i am not going to post anymore on T2W - unless the information that i seek to gather or share is deemed "essential" or even "priceless" - in my humble opinion of course!

:D

Happy trading y'all.

Rols - you can relax now - :LOL:.

Not sure what's worse J, having the dream or admitting it! :cheesy:

Last edited:
I don't know which was funnier the post or the deletion comments ...sorry can't rate you Tony as I can't do that unless I undelete it :clap::LOL:

perhaps a gratuitous one somewhere else (y)

I don't come close to you prolific guys :D

Total Posts: 662 (0.46 posts per day) :eek:

~I still consider myself an addict though

Well I've got my yellow dot now (black-belt 1st dan ;)), so i am happy.
The next yellow dot (2nd dan ;)) is 800 T2W pips away & will take a while to get - if ever. So i can relax knowing that i have become a jedi-ninja of sorts anyhow :clap::LOL:.