Are you addicted to trading?

Rambo35

227 6
I have met a few traders who appeared to be addicted to trading and even though they were not professional traders they tended to make their daily decisions based on their trading and often cancelled or rescheduled planed events during the week due to trading.

I think they did that because they were not profitable and believed that they need to be glued to their screens in order to finally turn around and generate profits on a few trades. They seemed addicted to it which influenced their lives in a negative way. You always read about the positives in trading, but very few mention the negative impacts a lot of people suffer (besides losing your capital).

new_trader

Legendary member
6,665 1,489
1. Am I addicted to trading?

NO

2. Would I rather be at my screen watching the market than doing things that most other people find interesting?

YES

That is why I do this.

Reactions: Rambo35

DitterPD

177 6
I have met a few traders who appeared to be addicted to trading and even though they were not professional traders they tended to make their daily decisions based on their trading and often cancelled or rescheduled planed events during the week due to trading.

There always will be gamblers, no matter where you are. If there is involved adrenaline rush and risk of losing money or chance of winning big - you will see these type of people almost 100%.

Always Yours, CO :)

Aspen Trading Group

427 1

I think they did that because they were not profitable and believed that they need to be glued to their screens in order to finally turn around and generate profits on a few trades. They seemed addicted to it which influenced their lives in a negative way. You always read about the positives in trading, but very few mention the negative impacts a lot of people suffer (besides losing your capital).

The belief that you need to be glued to your screens is simply indicative that the trader does not have a valid trading methodology.

Less screen time is actually a better approach - not only is it less demanding but in my experience it is counter-productive.

Last edited:

Rambo35

227 6
There always will be gamblers, no matter where you are. If there is involved adrenaline rush and risk of losing money or chance of winning big - you will see these type of people almost 100%.

Always Yours, CO :)

That's why so many fail as traders (y)

dealer911

436 24
ok i'll be the first to admit my problem - apparently thats the first step..

my name is dealer911 and I am a trading addict (round of applause please and a group hug)

Rambo35

227 6
Because there are to many gamblers?

At least they have the wrong mentality and approach to trading. Gambling, luck and hope has nothing to do with trading.

resistance

89 1
No I am not addicted to forex trading . forex trading is a way of earning for me . If I am not successful I will not stick with it . I will do another work for my living. Some people are so much addicted that they loose again and again in forex . They must first trained them self in trading.

Rambo35

227 6
Ok, so what's the difference between addicted trader and just a gambler?

I guess essentially they are the similar in many points, but an addicted trader may follow some sort of strategy which is not producing the desired results and they feel they have to be glued to their screen. On the other hand I am sure gamblers state that they follow a strategy.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock