Are you addicted to trading?

Keynes

1 1
Sometimes it is tough to draw the line between dedication and a mild addiction. If you're really dedicated to getting a head you need to put in a lot of time as with anything else in life, so I don't think there is really an issue as long as you're getting better over time. If you never make any progress I suppose it may be wise to pursue other ventures, but usually hard work pays off and being slightly addictive to a productive activity probably isn't a bad thing. I think where a lot of traders make a mistake is studying the wrong material and searching for the "holy grail" while totally neglecting risk management.

Reactions: Rambo35

bustech

Experienced member
1,595 41
I agree with you. There are lots of traders who seem like they are addicted to Forex trading. They just love this market without considering the consequence of their action. I saw lots of traders and they are old enough and they have been in this industry for very long time but none of them are considered as successful one.

What's the cost after the first 1000 pips.

numbertea

257 9
Every once in while I look at the clock and find I'm still coding in patterns at 3am. It appears I might have a problem. I feel that trading is like owning a business, I need to spend quite a bit of time improving it and keeping with the times. When I finally feel like I can pull myself away I will have a program running a black box on a rented server in New York City. Until then I admit I am an addict...I complete the first step.

Cheers

DitterPD

177 6
Every once in while I look at the clock and find I'm still coding in patterns at 3am. It appears I might have a problem. I feel that trading is like owning a business, I need to spend quite a bit of time improving it and keeping with the times. When I finally feel like I can pull myself away I will have a program running a black box on a rented server in New York City. Until then I admit I am an addict...I complete the first step.

Cheers

Can you mix up passion with addiction? Maybe the correct question will be: Are you passionate about or addicted to? :whistle:smart:

MRDW

10 0
Trading is not investing, it's financial speculation rather than investing. Speculation has far more in common with gambling than it does with any investment activities so it's not surprising that some people do get addicted. Check this artilce about Forex Forex Trading Zero Sum | Zero Sum FX

random12345

Established member
793 280
I personally can't see how anyone could really get addicted to it - winning strategies are necessarily boring and losing strategies will soon cause your short 'addiction' to be something of a background hobby that ruined your life.

Hope I am doing plenty to promote Forex.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock