Are you addicted to trading?

I agree with you. There are lots of traders who seem like they are addicted to Forex trading. They just love this market without considering the consequence of their action. I saw lots of traders and they are old enough and they have been in this industry for very long time but none of them are considered as successful one.

What's the cost after the first 1000 pips.

Every once in while I look at the clock and find I'm still coding in patterns at 3am. It appears I might have a problem. I feel that trading is like owning a business, I need to spend quite a bit of time improving it and keeping with the times. When I finally feel like I can pull myself away I will have a program running a black box on a rented server in New York City. Until then I admit I am an addict...I complete the first step.

Cheers

Every once in while I look at the clock and find I'm still coding in patterns at 3am. It appears I might have a problem. I feel that trading is like owning a business, I need to spend quite a bit of time improving it and keeping with the times. When I finally feel like I can pull myself away I will have a program running a black box on a rented server in New York City. Until then I admit I am an addict...I complete the first step.

Cheers

Can you mix up passion with addiction? Maybe the correct question will be: Are you passionate about or addicted to? :whistle:smart:

Trading is not investing, it's financial speculation rather than investing. Speculation has far more in common with gambling than it does with any investment activities so it's not surprising that some people do get addicted. Check this artilce about Forex Forex Trading Zero Sum | Zero Sum FX

I personally can't see how anyone could really get addicted to it - winning strategies are necessarily boring and losing strategies will soon cause your short 'addiction' to be something of a background hobby that ruined your life.

Hope I am doing plenty to promote Forex.

I personally can't see how anyone could really get addicted to it - winning strategies are necessarily boring and losing strategies will soon cause your short 'addiction' to be something of a background hobby that ruined your life.

Hope I am doing plenty to promote Forex.

Short term 'addiction becoming something of a background hobby that ruined your life eh? Sounds pretty similar to what counting cards could do to someone in Las Vegas.

I personally see nothing wrong with Forex trading, but if people are going to engage in it then it is important that people understand exactly what they are doing.

Short term 'addiction becoming something of a background hobby that ruined your life eh? Sounds pretty similar to what counting cards could do to someone in Las Vegas.

I personally see nothing wrong with Forex trading, but if people are going to engage in it then it is important that people understand exactly what they are doing.

I didn't mean to imply there was something wrong with it, I trade forex for a living - it's just that you'll know you're doing it somewhat right when it becomes more of a bore than an addiction. All it boils down to in the end after years of seeing days go by is to slow days and ... not slow days. That's it. Even the labels of trend, range and consolidation are meaningless to me.

Though you have to be somewhat excited by it of course, certainly very excited initially.

"Understand exactly what they are doing" is a tad extreme. Nobody knows exactly what they are doing, which is why risk measures vary and funds have good and bad years, this isn't a good place for the learned individual to get any comfort. My own take is that people are best jumping into the deep end with smallish stakes just above absolute comfort level rather than grinding their way through material and paper, though people who jump into the deep end right off the bat don't tend to be rational in their stake size so it's a small demographic!

I didn't mean to imply there was something wrong with it, I trade forex for a living - it's just that you'll know you're doing it somewhat right when it becomes more of a bore than an addiction. All it boils down to in the end after years of seeing days go by is to slow days and ... not slow days. That's it. Even the labels of trend, range and consolidation are meaningless to me.

Though you have to be somewhat excited by it of course, certainly very excited initially.

"Understand exactly what they are doing" is a tad extreme. Nobody knows exactly what they are doing, which is why risk measures vary and funds have good and bad years, this isn't a good place for the learned individual to get any comfort. My own take is that people are best jumping into the deep end with smallish stakes just above absolute comfort level rather than grinding their way through material and paper, though people who jump into the deep end right off the bat don't tend to be rational in their stake size so it's a small demographic!

You must be in the most successful 1% of FX traders if you can trade for a living, well done. I have never met anyone in person who has succeeded in Forex. Not one.

addicted to forex trading? I'd say yes.. in a good way, coz i can't avoid looking at the charts on a daily basis, and there are times i wish the weekend ends faster to see what happened on a monday :D

I am addicted to forex. When I started I spent way too much time behind the computer. It was hard to keep away from computer. Now I am taking a bit slower and allow myself to relax a bit more. So to all who are addicted , keep in mind that it`s important to rest from trading.

Addiction is not the best thing for traders. You're there only because you can't stay without forex. It looks like the addiction might lead to the bad consequences. You can enter the market without the proper analysis only because your inner trader is struggled for trade. I think you can be addicted and successful. So if you trading long enough it look like you just enjoy it but not addicted to it.

I have met a few traders who appeared to be addicted to trading and even though they were not professional traders they tended to make their daily decisions based on their trading and often cancelled or rescheduled planed events during the week due to trading.

I think they did that because they were not profitable and believed that they need to be glued to their screens in order to finally turn around and generate profits on a few trades. They seemed addicted to it which influenced their lives in a negative way. You always read about the positives in trading, but very few mention the negative impacts a lot of people suffer (besides losing your capital).

1. Am I addicted to Women?

oh yesss....Yes

G*dd*mn it. Are you saying that sign of success, be it in Forex or in another field, is when you are doing boring, tedious work/routine?