Hirose Financial UK - chat

Hi Shaun12uk,

yes client funds are segregated. This means that the client funds are deposited into a bank account and they are ringfenced from the Bank's normal activities - so both Hirose Financial and the bank will not use those funds in the normal course of their business. We bank with Barclays and make a periodic check on them to ensure such funds are safe. You are geneally safe up to £50,000 of your deposit (for which you would be compensated if were to become insolvent). Hope this helps.

I cant fault that kind of response - I bet MF Global Clients wish they could have received the same!

On a different note I can say that looking at your spreads they seem about the best available except for one major USD/CAD which is about 7.5 pips as compared to others with a typical spread of 2-3.
I dont understand why such a difference on that one major when all your others are so keenly priced.

Hi Shaun12uk,

thanks for the spread vote! We will certainly have a look at USD/CAD and see what can be done. How are you finding the platform in other respects? Are you using the mobile app at all?

Hi Shaun12uk,

thanks for the spread vote! We will certainly have a look at USD/CAD and see what can be done. How are you finding the platform in other respects? Are you using the mobile app at all?

I have accessed it and seems good apart from a few connection issues! Probably the area I am in I think.

Hi Shaun12uk

you will be please to know that USD / CAD spread has been reduced with immediate effect. It should average between 2 - 3 pips.

Hope that helps

might need to have a look

I would have a serious look at his outfit in respect of the spread they offer, FSA regulated and Clients funds secure to 50k!
Not on commission honest - but decided to check them out myself after discovering this thread.
Only just opened account so will be using them soon as I sort out my security issues at work as their security keeps booting me out of their platform but works at home fine.

Shaun12uk

If you email us at: [email protected] we can send you settings for the proxy server that may help with your connection issues. This will work on the download (but not the browser based) platform.

Thanks I am awaiting our IT people coming in next week.
A question for you about your Clients how do your orders work do they go into real market or stay within your internal market also do you hedge against Clients orders.

Hi Shaun12uk

Yes - it is Straight Through Processing - ie we take no risk and concentrate on getting the best prices from our liquidity providers. This means there is no conflict of interest.

To all traders this is to give you the heads up that Daylight Saving Time starts on Sunday 11th March. This will affect closing times and rollover financing if you have open positions. This lasts for 2 weeks until BST begins on Sunday 25th March.

There have been a number of enquiries about our LionTrader platform and using Robots. The platform has been developed by ActForex and traders can download strategy apps from their store very easily (ActFX Algorithmic Trading). If you are using a demo account you simply click on 'Launch Strategy' to download your choice. You can also create your own algo using Act's proprietory language. It is very simple to pull streaming prices into another application like Excel just by enabling the DDE Server in Settings.

I noticed the spreads on your homepage EURUSD 0.7 and GBPUSD 0.6-1.2. With EURUSD, is this fixed 24/7? Also with GBPUSD, does the spread remain within the range quoted 24/7?

I am surprised about what you mentioned about execution over announcements. You mention virtually no requotes. Does this mean there is entry slippage? By this I mean, I see a price and click but I may be given a slightly different price due to the delay in sending out the order from me to your computers?

I noticed the spreads on your homepage EURUSD 0.7 and GBPUSD 0.6-1.2. With EURUSD, is this fixed 24/7? Also with GBPUSD, does the spread remain within the range quoted 24/7?

I am surprised about what you mentioned about execution over announcements. You mention virtually no requotes. Does this mean there is entry slippage? By this I mean, I see a price and click but I may be given a slightly different price due to the delay in sending out the order from me to your computers?

Hi Twinj and thank you for your comments.

Our spreads are variable but over 95% of the time EURUSD will be 0.7 and at the time of writing this GBPUSD is 0.8. The reason that we have variable spreads is that we use over 15 liquidity providers (banks etc) to supply us with prices. The problem generally is that at certain times, like over figures, these liquidity providers tend to widen their prices and that is relected in our prices.

So most of the time we can offer ultra tight prices but there will be occasions when they do widen.

Hirose as a Group transacts over $90 billion a month. The model is STP, taking the best bid and offer from multiple liquidity providers (an aggregated feed). As it is STP when you click on BUY your order is routed as a market order and as such you will get filled at the best available price.

We place great importance on the speed of execution which ultimately determines client sentiment. We have algorithmic traders using many techniques including scalping, which is a good test of slippage. They continue to trade happliy which is encouraging.

Our demo account uses live prices so one can get a good idea of the spreads avaialable without having to open a real account.

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply. But I am still not so sure. For instance, CMC claim that there are no requotes. I can believe this because I may not get the price I clicked on. Am I right in thinking that with you, I should get the price I clicked on?

Another question, I thought that liquidity providers like banks only accept large orders. So I am not sure how the small orders you offer can be processed straight through?

Hi Twinj,
just to be perfectly clear so there is no doubt: when you click on a price you are entering a Market order. The price you get is the price that is available at that moment in time ie it is matched to what is available. So, what you click on may not be what you get but it should be most of the time.....otherwise we would not have a business.

Re liquidity: the good news now is that it is possible for our liquidity providers to accept sizes below 100,000 units which historically was the cutoff point which allows us to facilitate a STP model.