Hirose Financial UK - chat

I am using their demo and I think they are. The software download also states so.

I am using their demo and I think they are. The software download also states so.

Hi Pear and Twinj. Yes you are correct, the demo feed and live feed are the same.

We are finding that quite a few traders are using strategies on the demo and then applying them in the live environment with consistent results (as it should be). They also like using Micro Lots (1000 per unit).

Hi,

would like to join the party but using LionTrader I am being firewalled in my office. On which port does it work? Any workaround?

Hi Pear and Twinj. Yes you are correct, the demo feed and live feed are the same.

We are finding that quite a few traders are using strategies on the demo and then applying them in the live environment with consistent results (as it should be). They also like using Micro Lots (1000 per unit).

Hi there

I am interested.

I know I can import your DDE data in my software package, Amibroker, But I would like to import the data without the pipettes but only with pips, meaning when prices change they will change only by pips and not by pipette.

Can you talk with your people and see if you can do something about it? Thank you.

Please find attached an image of a data and charting provider that oscillate only by pips.

Attachments

• 17:4 2.png
    17:4 2.png
    33.3 KB · Views: 316
Hi,

would like to join the party but using LionTrader I am being firewalled in my office. On which port does it work? Any workaround?

Hi Fox Master,

please find details of how to get around your office firewall below. If this does not work please contact us and we can look into a solution that will work.

Click on the Lion Trader icon (on your desktop) to open the Lion Trader login window
Click the Settings button which opens the Proxy Settings window
Check ‘Use Proxy’
In the box labelled ‘Server’ type proxy.sysfx.com
In the box labelled ‘Port’ type 80
Then click ‘OK’
Then enter your password in the Lion Trader login window
(please also ensure that your Account Type is correct).

Hi there

I am interested.

I know I can import your DDE data in my software package, Amibroker, But I would like to import the data without the pipettes but only with pips, meaning when prices change they will change only by pips and not by pipette.

Can you talk with your people and see if you can do something about it? Thank you.

Hi Mike,

we have been trying to find a solution that will work but looks like from this end it is not possible. If you can extract the raw data is it not possible to reduce the 5th decimal place (pippette) from your side with a filter of some sort? Can excel not create a rounded number for you?

Anyone on this thread that has a potential solution all thoughts welcome.

Hi there

I am interested.

Hi Mike,

we have been trying to find a solution that will work but looks like from this end it is not possible. If you can extract the raw data is it not possible to reduce the 5th decimal place (pippette) from your side with a filter of some sort? Can excel not create a rounded number for you?

Hi there

I am interested.

Hi Mike,

Hi there

Thanks for your response.

If I round the numbers in excel, the same remain.

No, the software(mine) cannot block the pipette because that is the data.

For scalping is important to have an oscillation only based on pip and not pipette, is just nice and neat.

Mike

Hi Fox Master,

please find details of how to get around your office firewall below. If this does not work please contact us and we can look into a solution that will work.

Click on the Lion Trader icon (on your desktop) to open the Lion Trader login window
Click the Settings button which opens the Proxy Settings window
Check ‘Use Proxy’
In the box labelled ‘Server’ type proxy.sysfx.com
In the box labelled ‘Port’ type 80
Then click ‘OK’
Then enter your password in the Lion Trader login window
(please also ensure that your Account Type is correct).

Thanks, it was already resolved via skype. :)

Hi there

I am interested.

Hi Mike,

Hi there

Just to let you know that I have solved the problem, now I am able to view your data with Amibroker without the fluctuation of the pipettes and it seem it is working beautifully.

I have tried the demo and I felt the execution speed was slow compared to the spread betting companies I have used. What do you all think? I ask this because on their website, they mention fast execution so perhaps something went awry? I quote "one of the fastest platforms for execution speed". I am assuming that this must apply to people trading in Japan but not in the UK.

I have tried the demo and I felt the execution speed was slow compared to the spread betting companies I have used. What do you all think? I ask this because on their website, they mention fast execution so perhaps something went awry? I quote "one of the fastest platforms for execution speed". I am assuming that this must apply to people trading in Japan but not in the UK.

Hi Twinj,

we would like to see where you are losing speed. IT are looking at it. As a start:
Can we ask where you are based?
What sort of connection do you have?
Can you do a quick broadbans speed test and email us or post it ( e.g. use something like Broadband Speed Test - Test and compare UK internet speeds)

Thanks in advance.

My connection is fine as I get nice execution speeds from other platforms. It is a shame the demo period runs out. Mine has ended. Is it not possible to keep the demo account so I can come back to testing from time to time?

My connection is fine as I get nice execution speeds from other platforms. It is a shame the demo period runs out. Mine has ended. Is it not possible to keep the demo account so I can come back to testing from time to time?

Hi Twinj,

you can open as many demo accounts as you want, but each one will expire after 2 weeks. You then simply open another one.

If you would like to email [email protected] with any connectivity details you have then we can look further into why you are getting slow prices. At the moment it just seems to be isolated to your machine.

You need to just download a new one. My connection is fine. I have very happy with them till now, I will let you know if things change.

I mean the execution I find slow. With the competition, I can see the execution is swift. However, with your demo, after I press the buy or sell, that actions goes into the order table and then disappears to show that it has executed. So I hope you can appreciate, that is slow. Is this still an isolated incident?

I mean the execution I find slow. With the competition, I can see the execution is swift. However, with your demo, after I press the buy or sell, that actions goes into the order table and then disappears to show that it has executed. So I hope you can appreciate, that is slow. Is this still an isolated incident?

Hi Twinj,

what you are talking about is perhaps more platform functionality rather than execution speed. Our trade execution is done in milliseconds. Remember, orders go straight to our liquidity providers (the banks etc) rather than going to a dealing desk.
What you see on the platform is a representation of what is happening to your trade (e.g. order creation and execution). Hope this clarifies.