Here I have a short term gamble

stop loss 1.2580 long 1.2610

My lottery ticket cost is 30 points

or I could buy a weekly call for 40 ticks 1.2600

Attachments

• short term gamble.jpg
    short term gamble.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 152
Hard not to make money going long the dax, so should be a good one.

I don't try to time the markets , it does not work because the market will get into a very sudden trend breakout without the trader.You have to be in a trade to make money consistently , this is the first entry , other entries long are added on a pullback (if it happens).

You can time the markets , if you know what is going to happen next , but this causes mindset /mess in psyche issues.

In conclusion Mark Douglas, one of the greatest trading educators and authors of our time , taught us the opposite of market timing .His 10 rules contradict with the trading for market timing .

1. Be rigid with rules, flexible with targets.

2. Focus on opportunities that provide an edge.

3. Trade free of expectations of being right or wrong.

4. Synchronise your mind to the truth of the market.

5. Beleive in uncertanity (The market can do anything)

6. Be flexible so as to perceive with the greatest degree of clarity and objectivity of what the market is offering from its perspective.

7. Be careful what you project into the future because nothing has got the potential to create more misery and unhappiness than unfulfilled expectations.

8. To make money, trade without fear but also overconfidence.

9. The degree to which you think you know, or assume you know or need to know what is going to happen next, equals to the degree you will fail as a trader.

10. What you perceive in the market is limited to what you know less that what is blocked by fear.

Mark Douglas? Yeah I used to believe all that twoddle too, been debunked, get with the program hommie: Denise Shull "Market Mind Games" :)