Complaint about Howard Cohodas, his associated threads and the treatment of them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just so you are aware barjon, Howards strategy is not really much of a strategy at all.

He is paying $0.01 commissions and crossing a $0.02 spread for changing a $1 bill into two 0.50c coins, and a set of rules for when to do it and when to not. It is also pretty reliant that he doesn't panic and c0ck it up when there is a spike and the spot price gets uncomfortably close to his short strike, because in this case his gamma will explode and the value of his position will go up and down like a whore's drawers.

He doesn't understand what his exposures are or what his P&L is a function of or how to take a view on it.

Lots of words, false premise, false conclusion. What a shame.

I resent having to respond to your every post. I wish I had an alternative. As I see it, if I don't, some poor fool from outside the forum, will actually think you know something about my strategy.

Last edited:
Dash,

I don't understand why you would want to waste this much time starting this thread. Personally, I can't believe that I even wasted 10 minutes of my time skimming through this garbage.

I understand why Howard's thread is highly susceptible to a 'black swan' event, but it still provides for an interesting read. Furthermore, he actually posts his trades live and explains his methods clearly...which is what T2W needs more of - actual trading discussions.

Those interested in following Howards methods will, no doubt, also read all the warnings posted by other members, and therefore, do so at their own risk.

Just let it go and invest your time somewhere else where the return is actually positive.

Dash,

I don't understand why you would want to waste this much time starting this thread. Personally, I can't believe that I even wasted 10 minutes of my time skimming through this garbage.

I understand why Howard's thread is highly susceptible to a 'black swan' event, but it still provides for an interesting read. Furthermore, he actually posts his trades live and explains his methods clearly...which is what T2W needs more of - actual trading discussions.

Those interested in following Howards methods will, no doubt, also read all the warnings posted by other members, and therefore, do so at their own risk.

Just let it go and invest your time somewhere else where the return is actually positive.

Because he's a con artist and nobody else seems to give a sh!t.

Lots of words, false premise, false conclusion. What a shame.

I resent having to respond to your every post. I wish I had an alternative. As I see it, if I don't, some poor fool from outside the forum, will actually think you know something about my strategy.

I understand your strategy fully.

You don't.

Actually Howard this is absolutely a fair assessment of your strategy.

Its just that you don't understand why.

If you displayed rather than professed a modicum of understanding of how my strategy works then you might get my attention. Without being able to differentiate what you state from what my strategy is, you have no logical basis for your statements or your attempts at persuasion of others.

If you displayed rather than professed a modicum of understanding of how my strategy works then you might get my attention. Without being able to differentiate what you state from what my strategy is, you have no logical basis for your statements or your attempts at persuasion of others.

you are choosing to sell credit spreads based on a function of the implied volatility, spot, strike and time to expiry of an option along the chain, and the premium you will receive as a function of the difference between the strikes in the chain.

I have demonstrated fully that I understand your strategy Howard.

Howard - there are two ways of making money in the markets; Arbitrage or Speculation.

Which is it you are doing here pal?

NEITHER!

you are choosing to sell credit spreads based on a function of the implied volatility, spot, strike and time to expiry of an option along the chain, and the premium you will receive as a function of the difference between the strikes in the chain.

Howard - there are two ways of making money in the markets; Arbitrage or Speculation.

NEITHER!

I am not a fan of his strategy and i have no interest in it , but u can say he speculates that the market will stay in a range ...

Not to mention that there is other ways to make money , market making for example ...

I am not a fan of his strategy and i have no interest in it , but u can say he speculate that the market stays in a range ...

You're right - more specifically, given the option strategies he uses (spreads and iron condors), he is unwittingly speculating on volatility.

Except that he has no clue whatsoever about how to take a view or forecast volatility. He is assuming that the market systematically overestimates it (and that he has the beans to manage these positions when it all goes off).

Howard doesn't accept that he is speculating on volatility.

NEITHER!

Incomplete.

You're right - more specifically, given the option strategies he uses (spreads and iron condors), he is speculating on volatility.

Except that he has no clue whatsoever about how to take a view or forecast volatility. He is assuming that the market systematically overestimates it (and that he has the beans to manage these positions when it all goes off).

Howard doesn't accept that he is speculating on volatility.

Incomplete as well.

You have about as much understanding of my strategy as you profess I have of options. It's just that I am less certain of my understanding and repeatedly so state. You, on the other hand, profess complete and perfect understanding of my strategy without a smidgen of doubt. Yet from the evidence you present, you have penetrated less than a third.

I have doubts of my perfection. You have none of yours. Therein lies the problem. Even if I grant you more understanding than you display you leave yourself no room to reconsider. I am prepared for growth. You appear rigid and unable to complete your education before speaking with certainty.

Incomplete as well.

You have about as much understanding of my strategy as you profess I have of options. It's just that I am less certain of my understanding and repeatedly so state. You, on the other hand, profess complete and perfect understanding of my strategy without a smidgen of doubt. Yet from the evidence you present, you have penetrated less than a third.

I have doubts of my perfection. You have none of yours. Therein lies the problem. Even if I grant you more understanding than you display you leave yourself no room to reconsider. I am prepared for growth. You appear rigid and unable to complete your education before speaking with certainty.

I have a perfectly adequate knowledge of your strategy Howard, it was explain pretty comprehensively in one of the other threads. Someone even posted a flow chart that you endorsed.

Why are trade 2 win letting you continue to canvass for business when it is so obvious that you are pretending to be something your not?!

You're a charlatan and a con man.

Status
Not open for further replies.