Complaint about Howard Cohodas, his associated threads and the treatment of them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you talking about "noobs" or "plebs"?

Speaking as a "noob" I kinda resent this idea that we're all a bunch of tw@ts that need constant saving from ourselves. We are not all wet behind the ears delusional morons you know, some of us can actually see bull**** served up as know-how.

Please if you want to have a pop at vendors then go for it, but don't dress it up as if your on some crusade to save everyone, this is a trading forum after all not Net Mums.

I've never used the expression "noob" or similar anymore than I used , decades ago, the term "nooge" at my school because I thought it disparaging. We are all grown people and should have enough brains to be able to defend ourselves from scammers.

In any case, if I am trying to pass a warning I can do so so without being patronising.

You are suspicious of my motives. That is your right. I am suspicious of yours. That is my right.

But here is what I believe is terribly wrong about your posts. You know nothing about my pricing (it's unpublished) and yet you characterize it as a rip-off.

You do not believe in my strategy. That's OK. You try to convince others that I will be dishonest about the criticism of my strategy in spite of evidence to the contrary. This is more than unjust.

I wont ascribe your actions to the motives I suspect because my knowledge of psychology is limited. I think you would do well to do the same.

Yes, Howard, even if you were giving it away it would be a rip-off.

1. It has been explained to you, by many different posters using various different arguments, why what you claim is the reality of your option strategy is in fact false.

2. There can be no doubt that you don't fully comprehend the strategy you have explained on the forum.

3. Offering to teach this is dishonest, you are claiming a level of credibility your understanding and experience does not merit.

Do you understand? Yes or no.

1. It has been explained to you, by many different posters using various different arguments, why what you claim is the reality of your option strategy is in fact false.

2. There can be no doubt that you don't fully comprehend the strategy you have explained on the forum.

3. Offering to teach this is dishonest, you are claiming a level of credibility your understanding and experience does not merit.

Your opinion is not shared by all. Why then, should everyone believe that your opinion is supreme? Many more highly qualified options folks disagree with my strategy then agree with it. What gives you the right to be witness, judge and jury and discount opinions different than yours?

Your opinion is not shared by all. Why then, should everyone believe that your opinion is supreme? Many more highly qualified options folks disagree with my strategy then agree with it. What gives you the right to be witness, judge and jury and discount opinions different than yours?

The only person that agrees your option strategy has any merit is yourself.

You can ignore my opinion if you want (though it isn't an opinion, it is a statement of fact, verifiable through arguments in option theory).

But you disagree with everyones, irrespective of their experience or knowledge.

You can ignore my opinion if you want (though it isn't an opinion, it is a statement of fact, verifiable through arguments in option theory).

Incorrect.

Googling 'Howard Cohodas', this thread is #2 :LOL:

It is not as I would have it, even though it inures to my benefit.

It provides an interesting lesson of unintended consequences. I'm sure the OP's intent was not to benefit me.

OK, you;ve probably convinced your family and friends that this strategy has merit. Ergo you are not the only one.

Correct

Excluding said family members above, correct.

see in red

CORRECT

CORRECT

CORRECT

Do you understand?

Please respond to these three specific points, and state whether you believe them to be true, false, or you cannot say.

Please don't avoid answering the questions with rhetoric and hyperbole. They are straightforward statements that deserve straightforward answers.

Please respond to these three specific points, and state whether you believe them to be true, false, or you cannot say.

Please don't avoid answering the questions with rhetoric and hyperbole. They are straightforward statements that deserve straightforward answers.

a) I have explained my reasoning on several occasions.

b) Not everyone agrees with you.

Thus you are engaged in an exercise of incredible activity and zero progress.

I think I'm done responding to your every post. I bad habit I get sucked into far to often in spite of my promise to myself to ignore you.

Continue to flail to no avail. (That's the limit of my efforts at alliteration. Pretty pathetic, I know. :()

Note that you ignored completely the three points I made, in all likelihood because you know them all to be true.

Howards motivations have been clear from his very first post.

The real question is whats T2W's motivation in promoting this ?

I agree. I thought it my responsibility to be transparent so readers would know "where I was coming from." I had no idea the cost of honesty, nor the level of bullying that goes on here.

The real question is whats T2W's motivation in promoting this ?

I made my stance clear here.

Re: Watch HowardCohodas Trade Index Options Credit Spreads

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardCohodas
I come from primarily an academic and research environment. Sharing experiments and results, freely or for pay, is part of that tradition. Is it fair for me to teach "what I am doing" without the expertise you require? I think it is provided I fully disclose the limitation of my knowledge, my experience and my methods as I understand them. Students will make an informed decision.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Howard, this is extremely disappointing. Students by virtue of the fact that they are students can not make any informed decisions. They will have an inbuilt natural bias towards believing what is being taught until such time that their experiential being catches up. By the time this happens, it could quite easily be too late.

I strongly urge you to reconsider your stance ref teaching.

Time Series Modelling....It's The Future !

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/tra...as-trade-index-options-credit-spreads-36.html

Post 1408

Status
Not open for further replies.