RIP Little Howie Cohodas's Threads

Have you taken your medication today Howie? What was the point of that weird post?

You haven't said whether you gave up on the threads because you blew up like they're claiming on ET.:D

A new blog appears

Some topics by the same (anonymous, of course) blogger:
  1. RIP Little Howie Cohodas’s Threads
  2. I will prove making money day trading is possible
  3. Morons accidentally declaring themselves vendors
  4. All your Facebook are belong to us..
  5. Should I Be Frustrated? Without wishing to go into personal details, mostly to do with having to have money kept to help my wife with her business, which is very tough at the moment, I don’t have enough to really start trading at present.

Superb quality thread, now sadly closed.

Exceptional lulz (even with all the culling), Howie's bizarre delusions and weird behaviour, some genuine and excellent insights into options by some clearly very knowledgeable members, all in all a top thread.

I hope that we haven't seen the last of little Howie (The Great Communicator), especially now that his behaviour has become comically erratic and he is openly and repeatedly declaring black is white.

Still, whatever happens, I for one would like to raise a toast to Howie, and say thank you for the memories. Your thread was a true T2W epic. I doubt it will recruit many students for you, but be consoled that it was all worth it for the massive lulz that you have provided us with.

Thanks Howie. :)

the guys a legend...............couldnt understand a word of it (y)

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/general-trading-chat/120796-coping-gracefully.html#post1475160

I think Howard might have blown up recently, hence his request to shut down his threads.

That certainly seems to be the consensus at ET:

Looks like howard got hit with margin per his own admission. This thread is a good real example how "safe" otm spread writing fails when a blackswan hit.

I dont think anyone should be happy another trader lost money but you do have the admit the timing in this case - just a few weeks back all the veterans were telling him how dangerous this is to no effect, then weeks later we hit the blackswan from tokyo and the result is there for anyone to see.

The thing is if you look at the US indices, the vol/panic wasnt anywhere close to the lehman days, it would be a much bigger loss for him if we repeated that. And i am not sure which broker he used, but if it was IB auto liquidation would kicked in at middle of the night when the nikkei was down 14% and es mini 30+ pts.

This is the first experience for howard i imagine of a mini blackswan, hopefully he will go back and reread some of the posts by atticus and others.

Another advanced technique, very popular amongst the high % win crowd, is the "I'm going to the bar" technique, or the "i'm on the road this week" technique, or the "switch off the monitor and adopt the fetal position" technique. All the while the account is getting decimated.

These "ostrich strategy" techniques work a large % of the time, except when they don't and the damage is total. Actually the "kill the ostrich" technique is basically like shooting a bird in a cage and almost always gives "the market" the last wave of liquidation. By tuesday the ostridges were in trouble, with the final puke late wed and thu early session.

I hope he didn't take a big hit, but this was the kind of thing that people were warning him about.

Have you taken your medication today Howie? What was the point of that weird post?

You haven't said whether you gave up on the threads because you blew up like they're claiming on ET.:D

No idea what he's gibbering about now, as any google will show the highlighted text is from this thread: http://www.trade2win.com/boards/general-trading-chat/120936-should-i-frustrated.html

:LOL:

Howard, I still don't think you're a scammer, fwiw. I think you're deluding yourself, but I believe you have good intentions...

No idea what he's gibbering about now, as any google will show the highlighted text is from this thread: http://www.trade2win.com/boards/general-trading-chat/120936-should-i-frustrated.html

:LOL:

Howard, I still don't think you're a scammer, fwiw. I think you're deluding yourself, but I believe you have good intentions...

Watch out for Black Swans today:D.

You're lucky he's based in "Monaco" :)lol:) otherwise I'm sure he'd already be roaming the streets of London looking for you. :LOL:

Watch out for Black Swans today:D.

You're lucky he's based in "Monaco" :)lol:) otherwise I'm sure he'd already be roaming the streets of London looking for you. :LOL:

I'm gonna be roaming the streets of london this afternoon, I'll be on the look out!

Do you think i need a big stick?

Howie's been on ET today, blaming all and sundry for his problems. He's packing it in here, and he's packing it in over there too.

Apparently because the T2W lulz crew has followed him to ET. Now, I have never posted on his thread over there. I can see some sensible and measured comments from MG, AN, DT and so on, but not much in the way of lulz. So what is going on?

In the absence of evidence to the contrary, I think we have to conclude that the much-warned about blowout has happened and that Howie is trying to slither away without too much embarrassment.

All I would say Howie is this:

We all make mistakes. Most not as pompously as you do, but we all make them. Don't worry about it. Be a man, admit that you were wrong, and learn from those you have been so rude to. They will forgive you, because they are charitable people. Just apologise to them, and they will school you.

I am man enough to start the process of truth and reconciliation.

Howie, I forgive all of your rudeness, ignorance, deliberate obtuseness, spreading of falsehoods, arrogance, pomposity and even your addiction to lulz. I am willing to teach you how to trade, but you must accept my pedagogy and you will have to grow accustomed to my Socratic Method. I am a great communicator, for when people do not understand I speak louder.

Howie, it's over to you.

Everyone makes mistakes, it takes guts to admit a mistake.
Howard is obviously a clever bloke.
Thats all I have to say :)

I'll tell you what tho, looking on that ET thread there are far more optiony people over there than here. There are some smart cookies over there methinks.

Oh very much so. It's primarily because yanks don't have spread betting so apart from forex you can't really be a complete monkey over there.

TBH it a shame propboards hasn't taken off (althgouh again I note my propchat gets better every month... sadly my most recent attempt to get a former head of rates at citi was shunned... he said he'd appear but never did... even so we have some names there eveyrone would have heard of, although in most cases not everyone knows... you lot would be amazed if you knew who martinghoul was :D) cause that could be t2w for everyone. But best foot forward!