Here is the way i daytrade the Emini-YM

I dont like the eurostoxx, i dont like its movements, its to volatile for my taste, and the stops and targets are much bigger for me as each point is worth alot and that will screw up the money managment.

Other then that i have nothing against it, but i prefer DAX as its more controlled in my opinion.

Regards
Bashir N

Hey Bashir,

Hope all is well. Good to see your going to have a crack at the DAX. I'm interested to see how you go. Forgive me but isn't each point on the DAX & EUROSTOXX worth the same? - 10 Euro's? I mean i'd argue that the Eurostoxx has smaller movements as an index of 2200 pts VS the Dax index of 4300 points. Therefore I don't understand how you figure stops and targets in the Eurostoxx are bigger than the Dax. :confused:

Good trading to you my friend.

Cheers
JWG

Hi Bashir. May be you can halp me . I have this formula for Buy Exit
=IF(OR(AND($J$8=2,OR($J$10<=-30, $J$10>=20)),AND($J$8=1,OR(Sheet4!AA3<Sheet4!AB3,E3<=$J$9+7))),1,0)
It suppose to sale first at +10 and move stop to+7 for second car, but instead it sells 2 cars at +20 and does not scale out. How do you think I can make this to scale out?
Thanks in advance .
Vit

yeah, need to work on getting my dayrythm in order again, and sleep at the right times, and im sure i will be okey then :)

Are you tradin the DAX or the Eurostoxx Willem buddy?

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

I would like to, but margins to steep for me right now. But Bapovs gave the ESTX a shot yesterday.

The ticksizes and price differ a bit:

fdax_estx.jpg

Sorry about the mixup guys, i am mixing the two up.

Its the Eurostoxx that i will be trading not the DAX, and you are right.
THe stops are small on the Eurostoxx then on the DAX, and pricemovement is better as well on the Eurostoxxx.

What do you mean that the margin is high, the margin is 500usd pr contract.
And the roundtrip is also the same as well.

Regards
Bashir Naimy

What do you mean that the margin is high, the margin is 500usd pr contract.
And the roundtrip is also the same as well.

The pic above is from a dutch broker, not using it just a nice list of the markets with tickprices. But it shows you also the kind of margins that dutch brokers use, just the normal exchange margins. Although Estoxx is not that bad.....
I didn't know that Mirus or Inifinity also offered Eurostoxx and or FDAX, they do, and no special margins so is guess the Eurostoxx are worth taking a look at. As soon as i give up the dayjob that is.. :rolleyes:

Hi Bashir. May be you can halp me . I have this formula for Buy Exit
=IF(OR(AND($J$8=2,OR($J$10<=-30, $J$10>=20)),AND($J$8=1,OR(Sheet4!AA3<Sheet4!AB3,E3<=$J$9+7))),1,0)
It suppose to sale first at +10 and move stop to+7 for second car, but instead it sells 2 cars at +20 and does not scale out. How do you think I can make this to scale out?
Thanks in advance .
Vit

You also need to insert a formula at $j$26 "Custom order quantity" to teach it when to work with 2 and when to work with one contract orders. Let me knwo if you need any help.

Hi lightman. I have #2 at J26 , but you cant insert a formula at J 26.even if you could you have to put 2 formula
BuyExit and Sell Exit at ones and have mess...

Vit

I don't have a problem with putting formula there vit, works fine. Do you have the right sheet selected? and the scaling out is same for Buy and sell so should only need one formula.

J26.jpg

I don't have a problem with putting formula there vit, works fine. Do you have the right sheet selected? and the scaling out is same for Buy and sell so should only need one formula.

J26.jpg

i do it a bit another way, there is no other columns used for that purpose. this is what i have at my j26
=IF(OR($J$8=0,$J$10<=ABS($J$8)*$J$41),$J$45,$J$45/2)

where J41 is your bigest stop loss,
j45 is maximum # of contracts allowed for trading.

But who cares how do we cook our pancakes if they taste equally good? :D

Last edited:
i do it a bit another way, there is no other columns used for that purpose. this is what i have at my j26
=IF(OR($J$8=0,$J$10<=ABS($J$8)*$J$41),$J$45,$J$45/2)

where J41 is your bigest stop loss,
j45 is maximum # of contracts allowed for trading.

But who cares how we cook our pancakes if they taste equally good? :D

That makes good sense Lightman, thanks. Mine was not a real formula though, just for Vit to show it should be possible to enter something.
Not using the workbook at the moment, getting my manual skills honed.

That makes good sense Lightman, thanks. Mine was not a real formula though, just for Vit to show it should be possible to enter something.
Not using the workbook at the moment, getting my manual skills honed.

I have some thing like this

J26 =IF($J$8=0,2,IF($J$8>0,IF(J10>0,1,MIN($J$8,2)),IF(J10>0,1,MAX(-$J$8,2))))
Vit.

just wondering if any one has successfully downloaded the tutorial video of bashir's trading system, iv tried but with no luck...

just wondering if any one has successfully downloaded the tutorial video of bashir's trading system, iv tried but with no luck...

I have it locally somewhere, i'll try and post it somewhere later today, quite big though.

Edit: Can't seem to upload it anywhere for free as it's 211MB, sorry

Last edited:
Great thread! very helpful for us beginners. Can you please add me to your mailing list - [email protected]. Also, can I get a copy of the latest version of the autotrader to guide me on my manual trades. I'd greatly appreciate it. Thank you

I have successfully downloaded the video just a few days ago (after 4 disappointing failed attempts). I have put it online for you at my local computer, so you can download it from there if you want, but my upstream connection is only 1 Mbit/s, so it will take some time. If still necessary i can try to upload it tomorrow to my provider's webspace, which is much faster. For now, you can find it here -> http://slotje.net/capture-2.avi

Excellent thread by the way. I just started reading all of it last week, and i'm very impressed of the efforts Bashir is willing to make for us to explain his strategy. And then i'm not even halfway yet - still have 120 pages to go ;)

Regards, Ramon

I just set my preferences at 40 posts per page. Now i have only 24 pages more to go :cheesy:

And also 2 silver awards for the second best valuable contributer and favourite journal. That makes Bashir the best allround winner :cheesy:

Congratulations too!

Great thread! very helpful for us beginners. Can you please add me to your mailing list - [email protected]. Also, can I get a copy of the latest version of the autotrader to guide me on my manual trades. I'd greatly appreciate it. Thank you

You have been added.
Please check ur email

Regards
Bashir N