Here is the way i daytrade the Emini-YM

ok, if you trading YM( based on the NQ..... 2 point target.) I work it out, you should then use 11 points on your first target on the YM :smart:

Each NQ point is devided into 4 ticks and each tick is worth 5 usd.

So 2 points x 4 = 8 ticks and each tick is worth 5 usd. :smart:

Regards
Bashir N;)

Bashir,
I would like to congratulate you on this great thread!!!
I have read every single post on here and I am seriously thinking about setting myself up to start trading the eminis as well.

I just wanted to ask you after using both Sierra Charts and Ninja, which one would you recommend to use?

Many Thanks!!!

I would be fine with both, but Ninja gives you better backtesting and better overview of trades done and seems much nicer.But i like the SC for its simplicity, and if something gets messed up with the SC i can easly turn it of or flatten my trades.

I guess i would need more time with Ninja before using it comfortable, but its definitly a awesome platform.

I might use Ninja in the future, but not at the moment.

Regards
Bashir N

bashir have you tried your method with forex? thanks for your guidance

No i havent, but i am sure someone here is using it on the forex,maybe that person can give a few words of wisdom:?:

Regards
Bashir N

nice work vit. Before I go live with navig I would like to be more confident with it as it is giving out inconsistent signals and I ended the day -12pts on the nq when bashir got +17 something like that. I have done everything bashir has said to do. I will wait for the final FINAL version then test this against the rooms entries.

nice work vit. Before I go live with navig I would like to be more confident with it as it is giving out inconsistent signals and I ended the day -12pts on the nq when bashir got +17 something like that. I have done everything bashir has said to do. I will wait for the final FINAL version then test this against the rooms entries.

A smart choice, its better to be safe then sorry, especiall when risking you hard owned money.

I will be trading live from monday and taking trades from both the NAVIG and the scalper, and see how i do. I expect good results as volume seems to have returned somewhat.

I will still keep at look at the YM, as it gives much bigger moves and that is very tempting, the NQ is very sluggish and gives few trades, and not that big moves.

If i see YM getting back to its normal days, i will jump over to the YM again, i am not having any favorites in the market, the one that makes me the most money is my favorite lol

Regards
Bashir N

A smart choice, its better to be safe then sorry, especiall when risking you hard owned money.

I will be trading live from monday and taking trades from both the NAVIG and the scalper, and see how i do. I expect good results as volume seems to have returned somewhat.

I will still keep at look at the YM, as it gives much bigger moves and that is very tempting, the NQ is very sluggish and gives few trades, and not that big moves.

If i see YM getting back to its normal days, i will jump over to the YM again, i am not having any favorites in the market, the one that makes me the most money is my favorite lol

Regards
Bashir N

Hi Bashir,

I think one problem is, that the couple losing trades that are showing up every day need atleast 1, or 2 large moves to offset the losses. Additionally as you said the signals are often too late and appear almost when the move is already over. So for me thats a reason why the scalper performs better at the moment. And please dont forget, large moves by 300, 500 YM points we have seen last couple months wont probably return for an undefined amount of time. Please also keep an eye on the vix, that dropped significantly.

Regards
Saico

Hi Bashir,

I think one problem is, that the couple losing trades that are showing up every day need atleast 1, or 2 large moves to offset the losses. Additionally as you said the signals are often too late and appear almost when the move is already over. So for me thats a reason why the scalper performs better at the moment. And please dont forget, large moves by 300, 500 YM points we have seen last couple months wont probably return for an undefined amount of time. Please also keep an eye on the vix, that dropped significantly.

Regards
Saico

You are right about that part that the moves are much smaller.
i am looking into a way where we can get into the move quicker and not at the bottom.

The scalper does very well, and takes only trades when price is ranging and chopping.

I might have a solution to the low movements we are seeing, will give more info out when i have something that works.

But the NQ was okey today, for me at least, and its try that a looss takes alot of effort to get back into a pluss.

Regards
Bashir Naimy

hi everyone,

It's been only few days since I started using the demo account with SC+Infinity after testing with Ninja+ZenFire+Mirus, and I have few questions about SC. In SC I can't seem to figure out how to use the "open trade/setting window" to implement the bracket order strategy of "2 car sell one at x trail the other" even after reading SC's web documentation. Is that even the right window to set it up?

The whole InfinityAT + SC setup still confuses me. Do I make the bracket order in SC or in InfinityAT? I know we can trade from SC chart when using Infinity, but is SC also the right place to setup the "ATM strategy"?

Sorry if this question has been asked before.

Jason

hi everyone,

It's been only few days since I started using the demo account with SC+Infinity after testing with Ninja+ZenFire+Mirus, and I have few questions about SC. In SC I can't seem to figure out how to use the "open trade/setting window" to implement the bracket order strategy of "2 car sell one at x trail the other" even after reading SC's web documentation. Is that even the right window to set it up?

The whole InfinityAT + SC setup still confuses me. Do I make the bracket order in SC or in InfinityAT? I know we can trade from SC chart when using Infinity, but is SC also the right place to setup the "ATM strategy"?

Jason

I can't answer directly but I do have a couple questions myself. I'm just setting up my infinity AT account now but I've heard good things about Mirus too. Is there any particular reason you chose Infinity over Mirus? I read an earlier post somewhere that says you can't trade Sierra Charts through infinity anymore. Is that true? Or are you just setting up your Sierra charts seperately from Infinitys DOM and then taking your signals from Sierra Charts but entering the trade with the Infinity DOM. In other words did you have to set up your Sierra Charts account and then also set up a seperate account for your infinity DOM? which if you did I assume you would also then have to have a seperate data feed, am I correct or no?

I will try to separate out each question and answer as best as I can:

1. Is there any particular reason you chose Infinity over Mirus?

I have not choose one over another yet. Both are demo account and being evaluated.

2. I read an earlier post somewhere that says you can't trade Sierra Charts through infinity anymore. Is that true?

I think there was another post saying calling Infinty will resolve this issue, and that there are others who can trade from SC without problem. I have no first hand experience since I have been playing with replay only. People in the thread who's trading live account will be able to answer the question. Sierra Chart is really a beast to master compare to Ninja. Couple nights of playing with Ninja was enough to know how to get things done, but not with SC though. I am still learning new things after 3, 4 nights of playing around.

3. In other words did you have to set up your Sierra Charts account and then also set up a seperate account for your infinity DOM?

I think that's the case. Different login name and password.

4. which if you did I assume you would also then have to have a seperate data feed, am I correct or no?

SC is setup to use feed from Infinity's platform.

austin

On page49 you will find the instructions on how to set up multi bracket orders in infinity. I also use multi trailing , settings trail 10, stop 20, distance 10. Have auto clicked on and for every 10 tick movement after 1st target, it will trail behind by 10. So on 2nd contract you get some points if it comes back.

I would be fine with both, but Ninja gives you better backtesting and better overview of trades done and seems much nicer.But i like the SC for its simplicity, and if something gets messed up with the SC i can easly turn it of or flatten my trades.

I guess i would need more time with Ninja before using it comfortable, but its definitly a awesome platform.

I might use Ninja in the future, but not at the moment.

Regards
Bashir N

Many thanks for your input! I think I will go with SC and IB then...

Hi all,
I must say that this is an absolutely fantastic thread for the Emini traders. Special thanks to Bashir. As this is my first post, I want some opinions from you folks.

I have been paper trading eminis using Strategy Runner from Halifax Australia. So far I haven't got any problem with the software and the broker, but in this thread I am constantly getting different different brokers and software which is making my mind a bit fuzzy. If you guys can throw some opinions on, which broker and software to choose or should I just stay with my current broker(Halifax Australia) and software(Strategy Runner), as per your experiences than it will be much appreciated.

Many thanks to ALL!!

Cheers:cheers:
Prateek Desai

hi everyone,

Jason

You this in the Ifninity platform, brackets are no possible on SC unless you have automated it and have it coded.

Regards
Bashir N

I can't answer directly but I do have a couple questions myself. I'm just setting up my infinity AT account now but I've heard good things about Mirus too. Is there any particular reason you chose Infinity over Mirus? I read an earlier post somewhere that says you can't trade Sierra Charts through infinity anymore. Is that true? Or are you just setting up your Sierra charts seperately from Infinitys DOM and then taking your signals from Sierra Charts but entering the trade with the Infinity DOM. In other words did you have to set up your Sierra Charts account and then also set up a seperate account for your infinity DOM? which if you did I assume you would also then have to have a seperate data feed, am I correct or no?

It is possible to trade SC true infinity, there was issue about liablility when using a automated trader. That issue is solved and trading if fully possible and is working.So you can trade from the charts and use autotrader as well with no problem now.

Regards
Bashir N

I will try to separate out each question and answer as best as I can:

1. Is there any particular reason you chose Infinity over Mirus?

I have not choose one over another yet. Both are demo account and being evaluated.

2. I read an earlier post somewhere that says you can't trade Sierra Charts through infinity anymore. Is that true?

I think there was another post saying calling Infinty will resolve this issue, and that there are others who can trade from SC without problem. I have no first hand experience since I have been playing with replay only. People in the thread who's trading live account will be able to answer the question. Sierra Chart is really a beast to master compare to Ninja. Couple nights of playing with Ninja was enough to know how to get things done, but not with SC though. I am still learning new things after 3, 4 nights of playing around.

3. In other words did you have to set up your Sierra Charts account and then also set up a seperate account for your infinity DOM?

I think that's the case. Different login name and password.

4. which if you did I assume you would also then have to have a seperate data feed, am I correct or no?

SC is setup to use feed from Infinity's platform.

1:Great service, no othere reason.ANd they also provide every possible platform including ninja

2:NO , that is not true. Its possible.there was a issue, that have been solved.

3:Sierra is charting only, i think you are confussing those things, you use your infintiy username and password in SC and you get the datafeed for free. And the charting is alot of advanced then Ninja, for manual trading i find Ninja to be useless, but for auutomation its good, as it got good backetsting futures.

But if you want to trade manualy, then forget about ninja, as i find it to be to simple.
But for automation is good.If you learn a platform in a short time, i would be rather worried why it took me that little time, cause that means it got little futures to it.That is something to think about, SC might look difficuly, but it gives you a incredibel list of tools.

Enough rant from me,

Regards
Bashir Naimy

austin

On page49 you will find the instructions on how to set up multi bracket orders in infinity. I also use multi trailing , settings trail 10, stop 20, distance 10. Have auto clicked on and for every 10 tick movement after 1st target, it will trail behind by 10. So on 2nd contract you get some points if it comes back.

Thanks!! :clap:

I knew it was somewhere, but difficult to find in 190+ pages thread.

Check ur mails everyone, importent news on major changes and i think that will put an end to our risk to reward ratio issue.

Regards
Bashir N