Here is the way i daytrade the Emini-YM

I trade the YM and it has been painfully slow since the new year. I wasnt trading the e minis this time last year so I'm wondering if its normal to have such low volume after the holidays. I had hoped it would return to normal today but its just the same. Maybe this is affecting Bashirs systems as well.

Yes it is affecting it, its been tottaly killed with this low volume these past few weeks.
WHen volume return we should do great.

Regards
Bashir NAimy

Volume

Attachments

• ES Vol.gif
    ES Vol.gif
    55.2 KB · Views: 252
The scalper uses 3 point stops and have 2 targets and 2 breakeven target.

THe exit strategy is alittle more advanced, it will move the stop to breakeven+0.25 after 2 points. Then move stop to +1 point when 3 point are reached, or if the variable
first target(dynamic moving target) is reached. When the variable targets is reached, then the stops will be moved to +1 point regardless of what have happend.

The second target will exit when the slow stochastics will cross or if the second dynamic target gets hit.

After some testing the first target is usualy 3.5 point and second target varies from 4-6 points.Not bad considering the stop is 3 points.

This method works also with also 1 contract, but then it will sell everything at the first dynamic target, and still risk 3 points.

The targets are pretty wellthough out, so changin it will not be needed.
But still i know you guys like to have the option, i will have a spot for changes you guys want for the breakevens numbes. But the dynamic targets will be not shown.As they are not market defined. So you can change the Breakeven numbers and then use it on the YM.

IF this was the YM the first breakeven is 8 ticks then stop is moved to +1 tick.
Then is 12 ticks are reached it will move stop to +4.

Then sell at first dynamic target usualy at 15-16 YM ticks.
The second targets is usualy around 16-24 YM ticks

Regards
Bashir N

Congrats to you bashir on the Scalper.. much awaited by me and many otheres I suppose - wiill be exciting to test it soon,.
thanks again ..been busy with the day job and will be away for a while but will track the progress in the forum..

Goodtrading !
joker

Ok, here is a long shot; any Bashir threaders here located in the Baltimore-Washington area?

Bashir, my GF is also going nuts now that I had to take over some of the living room for my work station! Oh, the misery of an upset gf :)

Drew
Maryland

I'm in Leesburg, Va (y)

Drew,
Sorry to hear about your upset gf. Get something for her what she really likes and see how it goes.

I'm in Maryland in Harford county? Where are you? I'm new to Bashir's Thread and still in the study mode and evaluating the possibility of using Bashir's wonderful strategy for forexes an eventually for YMs, ES, etc. For now I'm going through the steps involved for entry and exits and preparing myself a checklist, etc How long have you been using Bashir's strategy
Regards
R_T
Hey guys,

I'm in downtown DC myself and have been sim-trading the ES for a couple months now. Just found this thread so have a long way to go to get caught up.

Clint :)

PS..
OP, plan on reading the whole thread but does this work only on ninja or can I use X-trader or another platform?

thanks in advance
:smart:

Guys whats your score on YM and NQ today with latest Navig?
Vit.

I personly had these results:

NQ: +1.5 NQ points after commission, got nailed at the end(marginal trade)
YM: -107 YM ticks not included commission, its a dissaster with the low volume.

Scalper: +19.5 NQ points, was working like a dream today.
Had 1 looser and rest where winners.

THe cool thing is that it was not taking any trades when the NAVIG was in a trade, the NAVIG was taking the longer trending moves, and the scalper was very active when it was ranging.

Today there was very little volume on both the YM and NQ, looks like we need to wait out this month to get normal volume, if ever.

No matter what, i am tired of simulation, i will go live with trading the NQ with the NAVIG and have the scalper integrated on the 19 of jan.

Regards
Bashir Naimy

Hey guys,

I'm in downtown DC myself and have been sim-trading the ES for a couple months now. Just found this thread so have a long way to go to get caught up.

Clint :)

PS..
OP, plan on reading the whole thread but does this work only on ninja or can I use X-trader or another platform?

thanks in advance
:smart:

If you are talking about the automated program, it works on Sierra and Ninja(not out yett). We are having some bugs in ninja, we want to have a fully working and bug free version out. Dont want people to get hurt.

This is the last week of finetuning on the sierra for the NQ market, then a final and last version will be out on saturday with the scalper buildt into it.

If you want a copy send a email lto [email protected]

Regards
Bashir Naimy

Thanks Bashir for your encouraging words was a long way for all of as . I think market on a hold till Obama inauguration and after we back to usual business .
I wonder if any way to test Navig for 4,5 weeks ago data. Fore some reason I can only get few last days with SH?
Thanks for your hard work Bashir.
Vit.

Thanks Bashir for your encouraging words was a long way for all of as . I think market on a hold till Obama inauguration and after we back to usual business .
I wonder if any way to test Navig for 4,5 weeks ago data. Fore some reason I can only get few last days with SH?
Thanks for your hard work Bashir.
Vit.

WE have testet the NAVIG on the ninjatrader and the results are really nice.
THe ninjia is done now, its the final testing day now before a release.
I have the same problem with Sierra, but with sierra the results are just not corrrect.
YOu can test it 100times and get 100 different results.

With ninjia you get the same results over and over again, so dead solid:)

Expect a copy of it in a day or two.

Regards
Bashir N

I have the same problem with Sierra, but with sierra the results are just not corrrect.

Regards
Bashir N

Looks like the market is moving a bit better today, the range so far is more than double what it was yesterday at this time. Hopefully we have finally returned to normality, good luck.

Regards
Bashir N

Guys - How was today ...!!
#

Hi I did Navig. replay for NQ with SH. got minus -59.75. 8 wins 7 losses.
Any # for YM guys??

Check your ur email, looks like the last file you guys got was not excatly a smart idea.

When replaying with the normal settings, i had 3 winner and 2 stopouts.

Ended up with -2 points after commission.

The scalper was up at the end of the day with 5.5 points after commission.

The YM i dont know about ,as i was to busy pulling my hair out :eek:

I dont really expect any good results until volume return, ill give until the 20 of januarry, when mister (the savior lol) obama gets into office.

Regards
Bashir N

The scalper uses 3 point stops and have 2 targets and 2 breakeven target.

THe exit strategy is alittle more advanced, it will move the stop to breakeven+0.25 after 2 points. Then move stop to +1 point when 3 point are reached, N

IF this was the YM the first breakeven is 8 ticks then stop is moved to +1 tick.
Then is 12 ticks are reached it will move stop to +4.

Your ES and YM targets don't add up. ES and YM generally move in tandem... closest of all emini pairs..........You first target on the YM should be 19 ticks and not 8 ticks. based on how the YM and ES move in tandem. Thought I point this out to you.

Your ES and YM targets don't add up. ES and YM generally move in tandem... closest of all emini pairs..........You first target on the YM should be 19 ticks and not 8 ticks. based on how the YM and ES move in tandem. Thought I point this out to you.

I am talking about the NQ and YM, not ES.

When most people talk about breakeven, they mean that they move their stop to breakeven when a target is meet. I dont use breakeven as that, for me a breakeven is what the word implies, breakeven.

I ONLY move my stop to +0.25 when +2 points(NQ) are reached, i dont sell anything at all.When market reaches +3 i sell 1 contract. Then the second contract will exit when the next dynamic target is hit or if the slow stoch is crossing down.

So on the ym i ONLY move my stop to breakven when 8(2 NQ points) to breakeven +1.
Then when market goes +12(3 NQ points) tick in favor i sell 1 contract , and the last contract have the same rules as on the NQ.

I hope this clears it up.

Regards
Bashir N

Looks like the market is moving a bit better today, the range so far is more than double what it was yesterday at this time. Hopefully we have finally returned to normality, good luck.

I guess things will get better when the "savior" obama gets into office, and pumps the ecomony with trillions of dollors, that gotta move it :LOL:

Regards
bashir n

I am talking about the NQ and YM, not ES.

When most people talk about breakeven, they mean that they move their stop to breakeven when a target is meet. I dont use breakeven as that, for me a breakeven is what the word implies, breakeven.

I ONLY move my stop to +0.25 when +2 points(NQ) are reached, i dont sell anything at all.When market reaches +3 i sell 1 contract. Then the second contract will exit when the next dynamic target is hit or if the slow stoch is crossing down.

So on the ym i ONLY move my stop to breakven when 8(2 NQ points) to breakeven +1.
Then when market goes +12(3 NQ points) tick in favor i sell 1 contract , and the last contract have the same rules as on the NQ.

I hope this clears it up.

Regards
Bashir N

ok, if you trading YM( based on the NQ..... 2 point target.) I work it out, you should then use 11 points on your first target on the YM :smart:

Hi all. Today was a good Vol. day so I decided to go live with Navi . It was doing very well I have to admit. Than I added 10 EMA to 144 tk.ch and next trade Navi took 2 + 2 total of 4 orders ( it took second 2 when price retraced back and move again through the same price ). So I went flat removed 10 EMA and it worked OK. In afternoon I switched to my laptop (from desktop computer) and went live again Navi was doing OK till one point were I have to exit manually so I went flat on DOM and went flat on Infin ch. Guess what next trade Navi takes another 4 contacts I was lucky it went my direction….
So over all Navi working well but it wary sensitive to any intrusion . Best Just live it running alone and exit only at DOM and don’t add any thing to it.
Just mine 2 cents .
Thanks again for your hard work Bashir.
Vit

wow vit, you must have been watching that like a hawk!

I have read every single post in this thread and I want to reflect what many others have already said - MASSIVE big up to Bashir and not forgetting others on this thread that have made great contributions.

I am just setting up my trade station, plan to trade sim manually for a while but have been so inspired by this thread, thought I should post here to say thanks.

Habib

Bashir,
I would like to congratulate you on this great thread!!!
I have read every single post on here and I am seriously thinking about setting myself up to start trading the eminis as well.

I just wanted to ask you after using both Sierra Charts and Ninja, which one would you recommend to use?

Many Thanks!!!