Here is the way i daytrade the Emini-YM

Hi All

Average volume in these volatile type markets is probably difficult to define, volume is low at the moment because it’s the new year and the employment numbers are due out on Friday (expect some big swings at that time).
Historically stock markets tend to be volatile in the winter months and quiet with less volume in the summer, but in these volatile times things are topsy turvy and at the moment markets are drawing breath after the volatility of 2008.
We have to cope with these constant changing conditions and that’s the problem with system trading
An ATR study on a daily chart or maybe on a 60 min is a good indicator giving the average bar range for the past 14 periods and could help. Another one is the ADX on say an 89 or 144 tick when it drops below 20 the market is ranging. Both of these are good filters, not sure how you would program them in though !

Here's the volume for last years YM(H8).
Ranges from 100K - 400K, looks like avg is around 200+
so 130 these days is low, though not extremely low vol.

1231500842_44_UploadImage.png

Hey trader20910 ;-)
Navig doens't use trailing stop, only scaling out params. Where the final contract(s) are going to be flattened depends on indicators or the B/E stop. With the silly market this week it is very likely that it drops again to the B/E rather then move up more where you can get out positive after big move.
You can flatten manually if you want, but like the man said, whe should sim it a month to get to trust navig. People are getting a bit inpatient it seems so some are going live already, or looking to go live after a week. It needs time and a "normal" volume market.
Thanks Will, thats what I thought. Manually flattening it won't change how it reacts for the next entry signal I assume as well?

Thanks Will, thats what I thought. Manually flattening it won't change how it reacts for the next entry signal I assume as well?

I'm on a demo acct with infy still, so not sure, but if you flatten using SC's trading window, it will adjust your position in the spreadsheet/session data, so NAVIG will then still know your position.

I have made a simple site here where i will post my accounts results trading the NQ(NASDAQ).Live trading will start from 19 of january.Its not my main account, just another one i have created for this purpose and it starts with 11k and will be trading 2 NQ contracts.

Link : Bashir Naimy AUTO

I have decided to go from YM to NQ for 3 simple reasons:

1:More volume
2:Same risk
3:Smoother and more controlled chartpatterns, because of higher volume

Anyone trading the YM , i suggest you go over to the NQ as it got more all the benefits of the YM and noone of it dissadvatanges.

There was bugg on the NQ version that we found today, it only took 1 of two possible trades. After replay it made around 14 points yesterday.YM is still not good, as it good
-55 ticks. The ES got 8 points.

A new NQ and ES version and hopefully the Ninja trader will be ready today and everyone will get a copy in the mail tomorow.

We got 1 more week of testing, and then thats it. Getting tired of trading sim to be honest.

I will create a new thread today on the new manual method on the daytrading/scalping section, promise promise.

Everyone have a great weekend

Regards
Bashir Naimy

I have made a simple site here where i will post my accounts results trading the NQ(NASDAQ).Live trading will start from 19 of january.Its not my main account, just another one i have created for this purpose and it starts with 11k and will be trading 2 NQ contracts.

Link : Bashir Naimy AUTO

I have decided to go from YM to NQ for 3 simple reasons:

1:More volume
2:Same risk
3:Smoother and more controlled chartpatterns, because of higher volume

Anyone trading the YM , i suggest you go over to the NQ as it got more all the benefits of the YM and noone of it dissadvatanges.

There was bugg on the NQ version that we found today, it only took 1 of two possible trades. After replay it made around 14 points yesterday.YM is still not good, as it good
-55 ticks. The ES got 8 points.

A new NQ and ES version and hopefully the Ninja trader will be ready today and everyone will get a copy in the mail tomorow.

We got 1 more week of testing, and then thats it. Getting tired of trading sim to be honest.

I will create a new thread today on the new manual method on the daytrading/scalping section, promise promise.

Everyone have a great weekend

Regards
Bashir Naimy

Will it be possible to run ES and NQ side by side together with Ninja? Thanks!

Will it be possible to run ES and NQ side by side together with Ninja? Thanks!

Yes you can, you can run multiple markets on the same Ninja installation side by side.
In Ninja i will enable several market in one single version.

Regards
Bashir N

Yes you can, you can run multiple markets on the same Ninja installation side by side.

Regards
Bashir N

Bashir,

I use the Pats feed for Ninja, which doesn't provide backfill data. Is that an issue?

saico

Regards
Bashir N

Providing Navic for Ninja is really a big step forward, Bashir. Thanks for all the work you have done so far. I hope it will pay for you some day and of course for us as well ;)

Hi m8,

Are you going live with the manual version this monday? Wich car would that be? YM?

~Sebastian

Hi m8,

Are you going live with the manual version this monday? Wich car would that be? YM?

~Sebastian

He said he's going live on January 19th on the NQ with the NAVIG I believe. Volume should be up by then due to the election. Hope this helps ;)

He said he's going live on January 19th on the NQ with the NAVIG I believe. Volume should be up by then due to the election. Hope this helps ;)

Hi Byrd,

I was talking about the MANUAL VERSION not the autotrader aka NAVIG.
But thanks anyway Byrdie :)

Bashir,

I use the Pats feed for Ninja, which doesn't provide backfill data. Is that an issue?

saico

I dont know Saico, so far i have tested it with Zenfire datafeed that works really well.
WHen you get a copy, give it a test with your datafeed and report any issues and we will try to fix it .

Regards
Bashir N

Hi Byrd,

I was talking about the MANUAL VERSION not the autotrader aka NAVIG.
But thanks anyway Byrdie :)

That was the idea at least to go live with manual method on monday.
But i am alittle worried about going live until volume return, especially on the YM.

I will give out calls on the YM, but i am not sure if i would trade it with cash myself, but will give out calls for the manuall method no matter what on the YM. And it will be up to each person if he wants to follow it or not.

Regards
Bashir N

I dont know Saico, so far i have tested it with Zenfire datafeed that works really well.
WHen you get a copy, give it a test with your datafeed and report any issues and we will try to fix it .

Regards
Bashir N

With backfill data I meant that my feed doesnt provide data for trades that occured while I'm not connected to the internet. Sorry!

I will give out calls on the YM, but i am not sure if i would trade it with cash myself, but will give out calls for the manuall method no matter what on the YM. And it will be up to each person if he wants to follow it or not.

Regards
Bashir N

I would say by now, with all the questions you've answered the last 180 pages, people should be able to trade using the manual "room" strategy without you ;)

But it's a still good, for me at least, to be in the chat room and see when others go long or short, be it bots or humans :cool:

Should we all change to NQ as main discussion in the room?

With backfill data I meant that my feed doesnt provide data for trades that occured while I'm not connected to the internet. Sorry!

Yes Saico, that will be a problem, since we need the premarked session data.
Otherwise it will take some time to get all the indicators in synch, and that will take at least 30mins.In that time you can get killed with bad trades.

THats a pretty weird datafeed that does not give your data that occured while you where not connected.

I suggest you change it unless there is to much of a cost to it, as getting baclfill data is something basic that most datafeeds provide.

Regards
Bashir N

I would say by now, with all the questions you've answered the last 180 pages, people should be able to trade using the manual "room" strategy without you ;)

But it's a still good, for me at least, to be in the chat room and see when others go long or short, be it bots or humans :cool:

Hehe, well i guess most here know how to trade it manually by now ;)
Yeah, we should change to NQ as the main market we are looking at in the room, but we will also talk about the YM and ES. As i am having all 3 markets running at the same time as i like to compare the markets.

But most of my time will go into the NQ as i will be trading that with cash myself.

Regards
Bashir Naimy

Would you be able to post the link to the chat room? The links posted previously do not work.

Thanks in advance.