Here is the way i daytrade the Emini-YM

SC has made 371 their January production release.
Bit of a shame they don't update the "What's new" page with all the changes.

ok sorry, but i have my own profitable codes all with positive expectancy and i just find it hard to believe as i would never share the work i have put into my own code, it is far more advanced than this strategy but even so. perhaps there really is nice guys out there and i am wrong.

what about one of you forward testing the positive expectancy results for say 1 month starting from tommorrow or perhaps i can. I would prefer longer testing period of course but code performs positively for 1 month to 1st feb 2009 then i will give bashir all the credit he deserves and i will really start to beleive myself that people like bashir exsist.

The reason i doubt this startegy is you cannot fit a model to randoness this way. The best you can hope to achieve is an estimation of the cycle and randoness. Trying to fit a model like you guys are doing is simply not viable over the long run especially with such a high win rate required

:mad: Man... sry to be rude but:

- No one called you to this thread :whistling
- No one is fighting to each other... everyone is HELPING each other:whistling
- No one took nothig withou testing, and we are still testing :smart:

- If you want proofs, test for yourself:cool:
- If you have your own fantastic code and do not want to share. it is your problem (n)
- If Bashir and the others want to share, it is their problem :innocent:
- And if they are going to charge for it in the future, it is our prboblem... (y)

So, instead of trying to make this an unpleasent place, try to make something good for you and the others and come back later with some nice and helpfull words... :(

Regards

Jordao

has anyone got any expectancy figures?. I am not talking odds or r/r, i am talking the most important factor in any system and thats positive expectancy, and it must not be backtested, it has to be forward.

Sorry to be negitive again but one of you must have kept records considering the size of this thread.
I just want some proof and facts this actually works as ta is so random that i find it hard to beleive, but that does not mean it does not as i have not given it a go, just giving my opinion. I apologise in advance.

Hi johnsue,
As the developer of your own system I'm sure you understand that backtesting, simulation, forward testing etc. do not prove the robustness of a system. Two people trading the same system live, alongside each other, stand little chance of obtaining identical results.
Psychology, fear, greed whatever you want to call it, have the most intangible effect in that the strength, or weakness of the system will impact on the above and therefore on the traders responses.
To have others test the method for you is not a true test. The only valid test is how the system performs when you trade it yourself - live, with real money.
What is the use of expectancy figures and other fancy terminology if you have no idea how you will react when under pressure with real money on the line?

EuroStoxx50

Bashir,
Today I will be commencing trialing the EuroStoxx50 auto and will be posting results, I have a question, the euro I believe commences around 3.00am ET, do I need to change the start time for this and the end time or is it already built in to the Auto system for the Euro.
If i am testing just 1 contract I no were I can change the stop loss, breakeven etc but there is no set profit target, is this correct, it will just run until being stopped out or an other signal will close the position.

Bashir,
Today I will be commencing trialing the EuroStoxx50 auto and will be posting results, I have a question, the euro I believe commences around 3.00am ET, do I need to change the start time for this and the end time or is it already built in to the Auto system for the Euro.
If i am testing just 1 contract I no were I can change the stop loss, breakeven etc but there is no set profit target, is this correct, it will just run until being stopped out or an other signal will close the position.

Hi Kipper, i will tomorow add the correct times for the Eurostoxx50 and the DAX, as the times are not correct in the code.

If anyone have any request for any markeds they want activated on the NAVIG AT, then please post it here and i will make a version for it , provide the times the marked is open and when it closes.With the timezone as well please.

Regards
Bashir Naimy

I will make a new thread about manual trading,moneymanagment and disipline.
The latest mehtod have had some changes and i will also add those to it, and try to make a video on how to trade it.

I am doing this because the thread is more about autotrading now then manual method.
So everyone can talk about the auto trader here and i will create a new thread about manual method .

Regards
Bashir N

Bashir, since the NAVIG has a time trigger now, do you still not recomend us to open the room before 9:30?

As brazilian market oppens before that, I use to open the charts about 6:30 to see the trend that will guide us.

Regards

Jordao

P.S.: I have a friend from Brazil that must have sent you an email asking for the NAVIG

Bashir, since the NAVIG has a time trigger now, do you still not recomend us to open the room before 9:30?

As brazilian market oppens before that, I use to open the charts about 6:30 to see the trend that will guide us.

Regards

Jordao

P.S.: I have a friend from Brazil that must have sent you an email asking for the NAVIG

I havent sayed anything about not starting the chat room before 09:30, you can start it anytime you want :)

If you are talking about the Navig, then what you do is simple.
You can open NAVIG ANYTIME before 09:30 and that will not do anything as it have a time trigger.

Only thing i wrote was that you should not open it after 09:40. Anytime before is ok.

I got your friends email, i will reply him. Just had a argument with the GF, that really messed my head up .Cant get **** done now,emotionaly drained, i think its called :cry:

Regards
Bashir Naimy

I havent sayed anything about not starting the chat room before 09:30, you can start it anytime you want :)

If you are talking about the Navig, then what you do is simple.
You can open NAVIG ANYTIME before 09:30 and that will not do anything as it have a time trigger.

Only thing i wrote was that you should not open it after 09:40. Anytime before is ok.

I got your friends email, i will reply him. Just had a argument with the GF, that really messed my head up .Cant get **** done now,emotionaly drained, i think its called :cry:

Regards
Bashir Naimy

Thanks Bashir...

I mentioned the market starting time because you did not recomended us to open the BETA before market hours... you really never told anything about the NAVIG.

As I told you before, we do not have tick charts, so I don't know how do we could use the NAVIG right into it. The only possibility I see is we to test for some time the entries on the YM or YS and make our entries based on the ones the NAVIG does to the US market.

When you get some time, let me know if you see other options.

Regards

Jordao (y)

Thanks Bashir...

I mentioned the market starting time because you did not recomended us to open the BETA before market hours... you really never told anything about the NAVIG.

As I told you before, we do not have tick charts, so I don't know how do we could use the NAVIG right into it. The only possibility I see is we to test for some time the entries on the YM or YS and make our entries based on the ones the NAVIG does to the US market.

When you get some time, let me know if you see other options.

Regards

Jordao (y)

I suggest you take the trades manually, if you see a signal taken by the NAVIG, in most cases you can actualy get a better entry. You can get a entry that is a few ticks better if you are quick about it. But that means you must be glued to the screen and act fast.

I find it weird that your broker is not providing you with tick charts, maybe you should request that from them ?

Regards
Bashir N

I suggest you take the trades manually, if you see a signal taken by the NAVIG, in most cases you can actualy get a better entry. You can get a entry that is a few ticks better if you are quick about it. But that means you must be glued to the screen and act fast.

I find it weird that your broker is not providing you with tick charts, maybe you should request that from them ?

Regards
Bashir N

Yes, that is very weird. There is one plataform that provides tick charts, but it does not send orders because it belongs to an independent chart analisis software and it is not linked to any broker.

You have told me once to put a 5 EMA to the 1 min chart and take the retracements from there instead of the 89 tick. That is what I have done in the manual system.

Regards
Bashir N

Bashir,

Is it possible, you could send a version of the auto trader licensed for stocks, where I can change the stock ticker and test it for various stocks(US). I will report the results back to the thread. chnaging the tickers is crucial as diff stocks can be used for that particular day which are making moves. I hope this will not involve much work.

Is it possible to run ES and YM at the same time..?

Thanks !
Guru

Last edited:
Hello

Hello Bashir

I would like to follow the manual thread.

I am based in the UK so I use IG index spread betting which means no need for contract complications, just simply £x per point.

P

I will make a new thread about manual trading,moneymanagment and disipline.
The latest mehtod have had some changes and i will also add those to it, and try to make a video on how to trade it.

I am doing this because the thread is more about autotrading now then manual method.
So everyone can talk about the auto trader here and i will create a new thread about manual method .

Regards
Bashir N

Hello Bashir

I would like to follow the manual thread.

I am based in the UK so I use IG index spread betting which means no need for contract complications, just simply £x per point.

P
Hi Pipen

Are you experienced with spread betters ?
They are not the best option for daytrading, they have their own market and only track the futures i.e. they’re not the “true” market. Except for futures betting.com who are based in the tax haven of Gibraltar to get around the betting rules in the UK!

Re Navig. Today if you use old method +10 and +30 with 2 cars you would make $$
To many profits were lost.
Vit

Last edited:
Here is a site where i will post monthly statments for anyone to looks.
Will start trading live from 12 of january.

Link:
Bashir Naimy AUTO

With kind regards
Bashir N

Last edited:
Today if you use old method +10 and +30 with 2 cars you would make $$
To many profits were lost.
Vit

I have sendt a email to everyone regarding that issue, we have a solution for that and will be a new update at the end of this week. It will make sure that even on those little bursts up we will gather some profits and still get the big movers.

Ninja trader will also have these new changes and will be released end of this week.

Here is a copy of the email sendt to everyone btw:

Hi everyone, after some thinking and some more thinking, we have decided that lunchtime trading is not worth the risk. We might get some decent moves in lunchtime, but those happen very rarely, why expose yourself to the risk to begin with.

So we will add a function that will make it stop trading at 11:20 and then start taking trades again from 13:30. This way the chop areas will be avoided and we will not get killed if it’s really bad.
We will make it so that that is something that can be changed buy the user, but we recommend keeping it at that. And since there are some markets that have different opening hours we will make it so that the opening and closing hours for the program will also be changeable.

We will also add a function that will scale out half the contract size, so if you are using 2 cars it will move the stop to +1 when you are +10 in favor. When you are +20 in favor it will
sell 1 car at +20 at marked, and then trail the remaining cars. It makes sense to sell 1 at +20 , since we are risking +20 pr contacts.

This is in my opinion a better way, cause how many times have we not seen it go down 20 and then come right back up and do a breakeven .
This way we will at least have +20 and still have a trailer just in case it’s a runner 

Until all this done, hopefully this week. I am asking everyone to either put the program on SIM if you are doing this live.
I don’t want anyone to get hurt, since we still have some really low volume, and today was really choppy. And most of the stop outs I got was in lunctime.

We hope to have these things done by the end of this week, and the Ninja trader will also be released end of this week as well.

Regards
Bashir Naimy

Regards
Bashir N

Last edited:
Bashir,

Is it possible, you could send a version of the auto trader licensed for stocks, where I can change the stock ticker and test it for various stocks(US). I will report the results back to the thread. chnaging the tickers is crucial as diff stocks can be used for that particular day which are making moves. I hope this will not involve much work.

Is it possible to run ES and YM at the same time..?

Thanks !
Guru

Hi Guru, the idea with using it on stocks have crossed my mind many times. But my main focus it to make it as good as possible for the futures marked first. As i have my plate pretty full and still adding new changes and funtions for the futures.

When i get some of the work load of , i will look into getting it done for stocks, as i am sure that needs alot more tweaking. And at this moment its not on the top of my to do list.

I will let everyone know when its ready for stock, this month will be used to improve it for futures and get the new version out and the Ninja trader version out to the guys on the list . As there are quite alot of people asking for it.

Just give me some time and the stocks part will eventually be open as well , as that will require a tottaly new way of thinking.

Regards
Bashir N

Hi Guru, the idea with using it on stocks have crossed my mind many times. But my main focus it to make it as good as possible for the futures marked first. As i have my plate pretty full and still adding new changes and funtions for the futures.

When i get some of the work load of , i will look into getting it done for stocks, as i am sure that needs alot more tweaking. And at this moment its not on the top of my to do list.

I will let everyone know when its ready for stock, this month will be used to improve it for futures and get the new version out and the Ninja trader version out to the guys on the list . As there are quite alot of people asking for it.

Just give me some time and the stocks part will eventually be open as well , as that will require a tottaly new way of thinking.

Regards
Bashir N
Thanks bashir !

No worries... Its in the best interest of all here to have the improvements done prior to any new functions. I stopped trading live before lunch time and it was a VERY good Idea.
I will be using the sim to generate signals until we have the improved version.

thanks again
Guru