Here is the way i daytrade the Emini-YM

From a "...let's start a thread to explain how i trade..." to firing up a software company :cheesy: Isn't life fun?
Anyway, just wondering Bashir, the strategy incorporated into NAVIG, have you been testing this for the whole of december or are changes been put into the strategy up to the last minute?
Of course we need to sim it until comfy with the system, but if the final product has had limited exposure to the market, i think it needs more than a week of sim-time, certainly with the market still recovering from the holidays. ;)
Very excited though, can't wait to see it in action today.

Maybe we should set a date for our first NAVIG UG (usergroup) meeting. When's te weather going to be decent in Oslo??? :cheesy:
Other option would be to meet up in LA for the Traders Expo in June :cool:

I know i answered this in the room, but i will answer it here incase anyone else is wondering about it.

The NAVIG AT, is something that have been testet for the entire duration of december and have done very well. And by that i mean if you had a 10k account and u traded it for the full duration of december you account would have been around 26000 usd. And thats with 2 contracts. I dont expect these kind of results as normal, cause december have been very volatile. This system have around 2 full months of testing behind it , anda few weeks with cash account as well. And in these two months its been true supervolatil days and super choppy days and super light volume days and fairly normal days. I cant imagine any other scenarios it could go true. As we have seen the best and the worst days using this.

But i am expething this to aveage around 40-50tick pr day with 1 contracts. This seems to be the average and thats a pretty low estimate.

Today was a really bizare day, marked dident do anything but rally, and it was all done in low volume as well .So we dident get that many good signals ,i personaly only made 33 ticks today . I also had 2 stopouts.

Anyways, we also had some issues with infinty as they where very reluctant to allow autotrading.Because of liability issues, and i do understand that.

But after many users where asking for it , they quickly changed their NO to a possible YES. So we will get a answer about that decision next week on wensday.

So there is not need to change the broker or platform, i personly am glad for that ,as i cant be bothered with moving the funds around.And those who are using IB are getting different signals then those who are using the datafeed from infinity, as IB filters out some of the data, so its seems to be a issue. We will also look into getting a group discount as we are growing into a pretty big group in the room. The more we are the better commissions we get.

Anyways, you all have a wonderfull weekend and get some rest and get all recharged for next weeks trading .

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

Bashir,

I think we have done pretty well today.

As I told you in the room, I had -19/-2/+77/0/0/-1 for a cumulative P/L +55 (1 contract only).

Regarding to the broker issue, I hope everything goes fine with Infinity, because the more simmilar is the signal from feeder, more simmilar will be the results and the easyest will be to improove the NAVIG.

Regards and have a nice weekend all.

Jordao

Bashir,
I am new to this forum. I trade in Thinkorswim and does some programing in thinkscript. I was wanting to understand your entry and exit conditions that you use in autotrade, so that I can try to code it in thinkorswim platform.

I appreciate your help..

Regards
Praveen
USA

Bashir,
I am new to this forum. I trade in Thinkorswim and does some programing in thinkscript. I was wanting to understand your entry and exit conditions that you use in autotrade, so that I can try to code it in thinkorswim platform.

The automated trader is not going to be disclosed, as is mentioned in the thread i believe.
You can however apply the rules of the manual version in thinkscript if you want...

Bashir,

I appreciate your help..

Regards
Praveen
USA

Hi Peaveen, as my good friend Whillem already told you the code is not something that will be given out. You can however use the manuall method and automate that one. Should give some satisfying results.

I thank you for you understanding.

Regards
Bashir Naimy

hi i notice you been trading this for some time now, do you have any expectancy figures for your system?, your ave winning trade and losing trade, also how many trades you have done in the last 6 months. Does the system have a positive expectancy to date?

Can i also ask and sorry if this sounds negitive but i must ask it anyway. Why would you post your system on here for others to view?, you must be a very wealthy man with this system and you are making upto $1200 a day or more, so why share?, surely this could have an effect on your edge in time could it not?

many thanks and well done for a great system.

hi i notice you been trading this for some time now, do you have any expectancy figures for your system?, your ave winning trade and losing trade, also how many trades you have done in the last 6 months. Does the system have a positive expectancy to date?

Can i also ask and sorry if this sounds negitive but i must ask it anyway. Why would you post your system on here for others to view?, you must be a very wealthy man with this system and you are making upto $1200 a day or more, so why share?, surely this could have an effect on your edge in time could it not?

many thanks and well done for a great system.

Hi John, this question have been asked by many people.

I am not making 1200 usd or more a day, where dide you get that number from, this system is not 6months old and so amassing a wealth in that time is not as easy at you make it sounds, it takes time no matter what kind of system you have.
But i am making good money yes, and i see no harm in sharing a system with other people, that is something that might sounds very alien to you. I am sharing this program with restrictions so i will never loose my edge, and if i was to loose my edge(wont happen), i can adapt and still make money. If i can make a system that works i can for sure make another one if the need arrise. There are quite strick restrictions to it and the people who are using it know about it, and its not something that is left to each person, its impossed in the code.

And yes the system is making money, and its making it on live marked data. I dont belive in backtesting as its not reliable and i have only been doing live data testing and its still not had a loosing week. Just a few loosing days, but no major sums.Its been profitable in around 3 months. I dont keep a list of how many trade it does or what the win ratio is, i just keep whats the most importent part, and that is how much money dide i make or loose by the end of the day. And as long its making money everymonth i could not care less, and its doing around 2-6 trades pr day, it all varys on the day and where price is going.

I belive in sharing as long as it does not hurt me, i have realized that people now days in our sociaty are being tottaly paranoid about helping eachother. And ask , why is he sharing, maybe he is infecting out pc's with something . And i personly cant stand people like that, i remember that i openend a thread on Elitetrader and i was sharing the room trader ,that was open code. And what i got in return was abuse, and i decided to close the thread. Why help people who are beyon help, you can lead a horse to the water but you cant force it to drink. The same phrase goes to many traders.

You asked me why share something that works ?

I ask you a similer question, why NOT share something as long it does not hurt me?

I dont want to sound like a weirdo but i belive anyone who thinks like this, and just think that i build it and i will never share it because why hand it over on a silver plate have lost some of that what makes them human. Normaly a person who succedd with something would be very eager to share it , the greatest joy is actualy to share and be recognized for the work and effort he put into it. The same goes with money, you can have all the money in the world but that will not make you happy if you dont have anyone to share it with. Like anything in life. And you might also know that i was in the beginning sharing the manuall method, and i was surprissed by the overwhelming response from traders who where so thankfull and gratefull, alot ofthem where struggling and now they had new hope and was looking to actualy make something in the marked, that is something that keeps me going. Otherwise i would have bothered with all this.

Anyways, i can ramble on for ages on this subject, as i get very aggitated with question like why share!

Dont take any offence to what i say, its not meant towards you personaly, i am talking more in general about how people nowdays are behaving.

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

Reactions: BSD
I was about to rep the above post by Bashir.... then realised this quest has gone beyond that....

"the greatest joy is to share and be recognized for the effort"
This quality of bashirs is what makes him successful, respected and admired. He has probably helped more people than most on here and hasn't asked for a penny in return. A true hero IMO!

Couln't agree more with you Clicksta and Will. ! I haven't found another thread or site that compares to the one here.

Bashir,
I completely understand. I am new to this forum and hence not yet gone through all the threads in the forum.

I was not looking for the code. I was trying to understand whether it there is some difference between your manual rules and the automated rules. I have gone through your manual method but was not aware of your automated method rules.

Thanks..

Regards
Praveen

Hi Peaveen, as my good friend Whillem already told you the code is not something that will be given out. You can however use the manuall method and automate that one. Should give some satisfying results.

I thank you for you understanding.

Regards
Bashir Naimy

Bashir,
I completely understand. I am new to this forum and hence not yet gone through all the threads in the forum.

I was not looking for the code. I was trying to understand whether it there is some difference between your manual rules and the automated rules. I have gone through your manual method but was not aware of your automated method rules.

Thanks..

Regards
Praveen

Hi Praveen, the automated method is actualy simpler then the manuall one in my opinion.If you take a look at the Room trader its very similer to the NAVIG AT.
Its very little that make the different from eachother, but that little difference will have a big inpact on your bottomline profits.

If you have any ideas or ways of improving the room trader for you own use i dont mind giving out a few ideas and you can bounce of some ideas one me.

Best of luck with m8

Regards
Bashir N

What you share will come back to you in many times . Even if Bashir decides to go with monthly subscription $$ Im willing to pay for his hard work.
Thanks again my friend.
Vit.

"the greatest joy is to share and be recognized for the effort"
This quality of bashirs is what makes him successful, respected and admired. He has probably helped more people than most on here and hasn't asked for a penny in return. A true hero IMO!

Totally agree with you clicksta!