Here is the way i daytrade the Emini-YM

bashir, have you compared your original trading plan to your latest revised plan? i tend to think the older plan trades better and is safer. what do you think?

The older method might seem safer,but will give you very limited trades, andsometimes just 1. This new methos is harder to execute, but if you do it correctly its more profitable, and give you many more trades.As long as you stick to the rules you will make alot more on this method.

But do what you fell comfortable with, thats the importent thing, wheneve you fell you want to take it a steep further, try the new method, alittle more thing to watch over, but worth it.

WIth regards
Bashir Naimy

I traded yesterday. Was a couple of trades on the short side after the open then it chopped in a tight range up to after lunch when it rallied. Was a breakout on the longside but was just straight up. I switched from 1min chart to 89 tick and the retracements to the 15ma worked perfect. Got some good points there.

I too like to see all the stochs on my side, but I wait for 1min stoch to push up too when it retraces to ema's. When the 10min got overbought then I was finished.

Good question laserwolf. I do it all straight away(enter orders)

Well done clicksta, that trade was really quick,i checked the charts and the retracment to the 15expon on the 89tick was perfect :)
Would have given you alot of points there.

I have attached a pic of what trade clicsta is talking about.

Keep it up.

With regards
Bashir Naimy

Attachments

• test.jpg
    test.jpg
    391.5 KB · Views: 340
Here's a couple of pics from yesterday.

Attachments

• Trade1_111108.bmp.bmp
    659.9 KB · Views: 275
  • Trade2_111108.bmp
    672.1 KB · Views: 191
  • Trade3_Lunch_1Car_111108.bmp
    664.3 KB · Views: 178
  • Trade4_111108.bmp
    665.9 KB · Views: 186
Instructions how to set up automated orders in Infinity platform.

Attachments

• AutoTargets.doc
    340 KB · Views: 401
Hi Bashir
I have been trading your system in a fairly small way on the FTSE Future using IG Index...It has worked out ok i am very new to this so am going carefully...did 6 trades yesterday and made 55 points and again today 52 points....A couple of questions if i may..

I cant get all my charts on the screen as I have only a laptop and a limited internet connection..I am based in Thailand and it is not a very fast connection, however i have set up templates for the various screens and am able to monitor them ok...

First stupid question Slow Stocastics what number do you use to set this up in ig i have a choice to put in 3 numbers...sorry if that is dumb..

Second how to i exit the trade what do you use to signal your exit both on a wining trade and where it goes against me..what screen do you watch once in a trade to help you know when to exit..I am convinced i am exiting wrong and loosing points a a result...

Many thanks for your help...

Regards

Dave Norman (Very Newbie)

VIX 61 approx

20point stops Bnaimy?

Have a good trading day m8

Right now im staying out, its just choppin at this moment, but stop should be 30 now.
Unless it calms down in lunch.
With regards
Bashir Naimy

Hey Bnaimy

You taken any trades this afternoon session?

hey people, just dide 3 trades this afternoon, i have made a change in my method that have made significant improvemnt in my trading.

Santana pointed out that sometime the 10min stoch lines looks like they want to cross right at the retracment area,and that causes alittle problm with taking the trade because u dont know where it will go.

In my slow stchastocs moving average type is now change from simple moving averaget to a simple moving average called whilder's moving average.

It works alot better and will not make u uncerten in cases like that and is alot smoother then the normal type.

Try it out, it works realy greatl,otherthen that nothing have changed.

With kind regards
Bashir

ps: will post pics after trading at where i dide take those trades.

Hi Basher

I have been looking at your posts for a few days now and I just want to thank you for taking the time and trouble to publish your trading system. It’s a treat to find a successful trader willing to broadcast his system without charging for it. I take my hat off to you !
I have been trading for a few years mainly the dax in the early days then moved to grains (soybeans, corn) when they became electronic and occasionally the FTSE.

A year or so ago I had to stop trading due to ill health, However I’m well enough now to start again and with all this volatility I feel a bit like a newbee, but I like your system and I like your thinking behind it and feel it’s a good place for me to start again.
I also understand that give a dozen people a working system and probable only about two will make it work the rest will loose because they get bored and trade outside of the rules or give up when a draw down comes along or just not the type of person to follow rules. Also most newbees think they know best and will always modify things, I know, I used to !!

Anyway I hope that I can add some constructive discussion to your thread.

Best wishes

Tony

Hi Bashir
I have been trading your system in a fairly small way on the FTSE Future using IG Index...It has worked out ok i am very new to this so am going carefully...did 6 trades yesterday and made 55 points and again today 52 points....A couple of questions if i may..

I cant get all my charts on the screen as I have only a laptop and a limited internet connection..I am based in Thailand and it is not a very fast connection, however i have set up templates for the various screens and am able to monitor them ok...

First stupid question Slow Stocastics what number do you use to set this up in ig i have a choice to put in 3 numbers...sorry if that is dumb..

Second how to i exit the trade what do you use to signal your exit both on a wining trade and where it goes against me..what screen do you watch once in a trade to help you know when to exit..I am convinced i am exiting wrong and loosing points a a result...

Many thanks for your help...

Regards

Dave Norman (Very Newbie)

My slow stochastics settings are as follow:

K line : 10
D line :3
Slow D line :3
Movin average type: simple moving average,

i am now using whilder's moving average, if u dont have that, then use the simplemoving average.

You dont have any signals for when to get out, you always use preset targets and i never trail to get most out of the trade.While in a trade and the 10min stoch goes agaist you ,then you just get.

If u trade 2, sell 1 at +10 and second at 30

If u sell 1 at +10 then move the stoploss to -6 behind your entry.

I cant reply better right now, i am busy trading, maybe later i will respost a better response.

You dide 6 trades and got 55 ticks, then you are takin profits way to early, when odoing 1 , try at least for 15 ticks at a minimum.

With kin regards
Bashir Naimy

Hi Basher

I have been looking at your posts for a few days now and I just want to thank you for taking the time and trouble to publish your trading system. It’s a treat to find a successful trader willing to broadcast his system without charging for it. I take my hat off to you !
I have been trading for a few years mainly the dax in the early days then moved to grains (soybeans, corn) when they became electronic and occasionally the FTSE.

A year or so ago I had to stop trading due to ill health, However I’m well enough now to start again and with all this volatility I feel a bit like a newbee, but I like your system and I like your thinking behind it and feel it’s a good place for me to start again.
I also understand that give a dozen people a working system and probable only about two will make it work the rest will loose because they get bored and trade outside of the rules or give up when a draw down comes along or just not the type of person to follow rules. Also most newbees think they know best and will always modify things, I know, I used to !!

Anyway I hope that I can add some constructive discussion to your thread.

Best wishes

Tony

Hi Tony, glad to have you hear and it would be awesome to get some insight about how you think and what your personal trading expeience is,glad to hear that you are in a better health now.I am more then happy to help fellow traders out there, never dide understand those who will sell their system, they should instead take some sort of fee for teaching them how to use it, if they are into it for the money.

You are comletly right about the last part, i can give the system to 100 people, but only a few will manage to succesfully use it, its all about sticking to the rules and dont get emotional about trading.

Welcome to the thread and let me know if u have any questions and i will try to respond as best as i can.

With kind regards
Bashir naimy

Wilder

hey people, just dide 3 trades this afternoon, i have made a change in my method that have made significant improvemnt in my trading.

Santana pointed out that sometime the 10min stoch lines looks like they want to cross right at the retracment area,and that causes alittle problm with taking the trade because u dont know where it will go.

In my slow stchastocs moving average type is now change from simple moving averaget to a simple moving average called whilder's moving average.

It works alot better and will not make u uncerten in cases like that and is alot smoother then the normal type.

Try it out, it works realy greatl,otherthen that nothing have changed.

With kind regards
Bashir

ps: will post pics after trading at where i dide take those trades.

Hi Bashir,

Do you know what the settings for the slow stochastics with Whilder's moving average are? Does you system tell you this?

I think I have it on my Thinkorswim studies but here they call it StochasticRSI. Wilder created the RSI indicator I believe so this is probably the same as Wilder's moving average in a slow stochastic.

Hi Bnaimy

If u could post yr trades for 2day would be great.

If there is any 1 out there reading this post that uses Tradestation a knows how 2 get the Whilder's MA can u let me know

Thanks

Hi Bashir,

Do you know what the settings for the slow stochastics with Whilder's moving average are? Does you system tell you this?

I think I have it on my Thinkorswim studies but here they call it StochasticRSI. Wilder created the RSI indicator I believe so this is probably the same as Wilder's moving average in a slow stochastic.

It dont tell me the settings, when i got into the settings for the slow stochastics , on the what type of moving average to use ,its default at simplemoving average. but i have a list there with many choices and whilder's moving average is there also , so i just choose that, there are no indications of any settings there. Kinda weird, but dide some testing with it, and it works really well.I am not using it on all timeframes.

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

ps: if i find any more info about it i will post it here.

Hi Bnaimy

If u could post yr trades for 2day would be great.

If there is any 1 out there reading this post that uses Tradestation a knows how 2 get the Whilder's MA can u let me know

Thanks

I will do that m8, just need to get some food first, trading the first few hours was ok, but the last two hourts where crazy, with alot of chopp at the end.

From what i heard from traders in the pit , it was very low volume at the end of the day, and the vix also spiked to 64-65 level and that did not help much either, so i was using 30tick stops the last two hours.

With regards
Bashir Naimy

Wilder's

It dont tell me the settings, when i got into the settings for the slow stochastics , on the what type of moving average to use ,its default at simplemoving average. but i have a list there with many choices and whilder's moving average is there also , so i just choose that, there are no indications of any settings there. Kinda weird, but dide some testing with it, and it works really well.I am not using it on all timeframes.

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

ps: if i find any more info about it i will post it here.

Thanks Bashir.

What time frames have you applied the Wilder's MA slow stochastic too? The 10min?

pit traders

I will do that m8, just need to get some food first, trading the first few hours was ok, but the last two hourts where crazy, with alot of chopp at the end.

From what i heard from traders in the pit , it was very low volume at the end of the day, and the vix also spiked to 64-65 level and that did not help much either, so i was using 30tick stops the last two hours.

With regards
Bashir Naimy

Bashir,

How did you hear from traders in the pit? Do you mean the S&P pit at the CME? Do you have friends over there or do you use a squawk box?