Here is the way i daytrade the Emini-YM

Yes thank you Bashir I have noted this (y)

Great post... you are starting to develop a real following. Well done :clap:

Cheers
JWG

Hi JWG, how was your trading today, you are in the pluss i hope today.
Will post rules soonn, need to finish my slices here :D I get hungry after trading :cheesy:

Got few nice trades today, lunchtime was **** as usual in my opinion, but the last two hours where hectic and really a big ass fight betwen the bulls and the bears hehe

Got a tottal of 230 ticks today, and my target was 100, so a good day for me, but i honestly dont like days like these, i like it alot more when markeds are changing side all the time, that creates alot of possibilitys :) I just hope the Ym gets back to its good old self soon, these wild moves are okey if u know how to trade them ,but for a new trader these kinda of times can create havoc with the account.

Anyways, enough rant from me, i post rules as promised today, been such a lazy bum these days and i do apolagize for the constant delays.

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

Hi JWG, how was your trading today, you are in the pluss i hope today.

Hey Bashir,

I'm currently backtesting the Stoxx 50 futures contract as I'm sadly unable to trade the YM because of the bad time difference in Australia. I hear the afternoon session is choppy in the Stoxx 50 because of the US opening...however this doesn't phase me because i will be only trading the morning session.

I'll let you know how your system goes. :smart:

Cheers
JWG

Last edited:
Hey Bashir,

I'm currently backtesting the Stoxx 50 futures contact as I'm sadly unable to trade the YM because of the bad time difference in Australia. I hear the afternoon session is choppy in the Stoxx 50 because of the US opening...however this doesn't phase me because i will be only trading the morning session.

I'll let you know how your system goes. :smart:

Cheers
JWG

Good luck with that m8, keep use all informed with your success, we would love to hear how you do.

With kind regards
Bashir naimy

Here are the rules in a textfile, most should be able to open this.

If i have forgotten anything then let me know, i dont think i have.

WIth kind regards
Bashir Naimy

Attachments

• Rules.txt
    3.7 KB · Views: 615
new rules

Bashir,

Thank you once again for posting the new rules. Would you be able to clarify a few points for me:

1. When you say "when price breaks last resistance, if both 10min and 30min stochastic are up you buy normal size" is the last resistance you're referring to the 15 EMA or are you talking about previous support and resistance levels?

2. When going long if the 10min is up and 30min is down but 3min is up you are saying buy your normal size on a retracement to the 15 EMA? Or should you buy less than normal size and wait for retracement to 50 EMA?

3. When you say "If you manage to squeeze 3 pullbacks from a move then be happy with that" what do you mean exactly? Don't you follow the system's signals each time a set up is presented regardless of how many pulls back there are? Are you saying after 3 times the EMA support or resistance won't hold in a non-trending market?

4. When you say if all the EMA's are slopping down and price moves above them all it's most likely a fake out then how do you differentiate when a price move justifies a real change in trend? Would the EMA's have to slope in the new up direction of the price move in order to be valid?

5. When you enter a new trade with your "normal" size position do you buy or sell 3 contracts at one time with a 30 tick stop? So if you are stopped out you take a $450 loss (30 ticks x $5) x 3 contracts.

6. Can you recap how you scale out of your "normal" positions and your reduced positions? Also how you adjust your stops as you scale out.

All the best,
Simon

Bashir,

Thank you once again for posting the new rules. Would you be able to clarify a few points for me:

1. When you say "when price breaks last resistance, if both 10min and 30min stochastic are up you buy normal size" is the last resistance you're referring to the 15 EMA or are you talking about previous support and resistance levels?

This should point i think i have made clear, last resistance point is the LAST possible resistance price have to go true, thats one of the reasons u have 6 charts, when price is above all resistance, then its above ALLLLLL the moving averages on all the chart, not just he 1min chart.All the chart.Dont think level of suuport or resistance, dont make it more complicated then it is, above all resistance is basicly above ALL the moving averages on ALL the chart.

2. When going long if the 10min is up and 30min is down but 3min is up you are saying buy your normal size on a retracement to the 15 EMA? Or should you buy less than normal size and wait for retracement to 50 EMA?

3. When you say "If you manage to squeeze 3 pullbacks from a move then be happy with that" what do you mean exactly? Don't you follow the system's signals each time a set up is presented regardless of how many pulls back there are? Are you saying after 3 times the EMA support or resistance won't hold in a non-trending market?

4. When you say if all the EMA's are slopping down and price moves above them all it's most likely a fake out then how do you differentiate when a price move justifies a real change in trend? Would the EMA's have to slope in the new up direction of the price move in order to be valid?

5. When you enter a new trade with your "normal" size position do you buy or sell 3 contracts at one time with a 30 tick stop? So if you are stopped out you take a $450 loss (30 ticks x $5) x 3 contracts.

6. Can you recap how you scale out of your "normal" positions and your reduced positions? Also how you adjust your stops as you scale out.

All the best,
Simon

This should point i think i have made clear, last resistance point is the LAST possible resistance price have to go true, thats one of the reasons u have 6 charts, when price is above all resistance, then its above ALLLLLL the moving averages on all the chart, not just he 1min chart.All the chart.Dont think level of suuport or resistance, dont make it more complicated then it is, above all resistance is basicly above ALL the moving averages on ALL the chart.

Buy less then normal size, but execute the trade in similer way as if both 10 and 30 was up.As writen, you only buy at the 50expon if only 10 is up and 30 is down and 3 is down.

Price goes up and down on waves, and when price is going up and u are doing a pullback, you will be able to get around 3 good pullbacks, but after those 3 pullbacks price willrest for a little and maybe do alittle sideways action, its always like that. Does not mean u cant do any more trades, reason i am saying this is that most ofthe time the 10min slow stochastics at that time is getting pretty overbought and you are in the
risk of doing a 4 or a 5 pullback and suddenly 10 min could cross down and u are trapped, in those cases u will for sure get stoppped, i dont see any reason to risk that.

You should of course follow the rules and take the signals that pressent themsefl, but reallife trading is not that simple.Simple explenations is this, when all the rules are in the green and u are looking for longs, buy that time, 10min stochastics is halfway up, and buy the time u get 3 pulpbacks 10min stochastics is pretty overbough and u are in a
high risk area of getting trapped, imagine u have done 3 pullbacks, and u do a 4, while on the 4, 10min crosses down? Its just no reason why u should risk that, i think that quite while the game is sweet, and there are many other good trades waiting for you either way. I would rathre win 3 times and no loosser, then win 3 times and get stopped and give profits back, and its not good for the selfconfidence, and that is very importent in trading.

For me to think that a change in trend can accure , then the 50expon ma and 100expon ma need to be sideaways as a minimum, if price then goes up i could consider this to be a new direction, but NEVER if 100expon ma and 50expon is slopping down and price going up.But if price is going up and both 50expon and 100 expon ma are slopping up, then i would be pretty confidence about the price direction.but these things can change pretty fast, so its something you have to keep an eye at.

If u look at the historie, u will almost never find places where price have changed direction and 100expon ma and 50expon are slooping down.Thats very rare.

5. When you enter a new trade with your "normal" size position do you buy or sell 3 contracts at one time with a 30 tick stop? So if you are stopped out you take a $450 loss (30 ticks x $5) x 3 contracts.Yes, i always buy 3 at once, and ifiget stopped i take a
loos of 450 usd. I know alot of people like scale up buy, but most of time u will miss the trade, u might get 1 contracts and dont get filled at the 2 other higher up.
But i prefer getting in with 3 at once, i do see the benefits of buying 3 and scaling up.
But that i leave up to the individual trader, i prefer going all in at once.

These days i only do 2 contracts , i like odd numbers, like 2 and 4 and 8 and 16.Reason is as follows.

I i do 2, i sell 1 at +10, and then i have my stop get automaticly at -6 my entry, taht way if the trade goes back up i will not loose anything and it will cover my comiision and 1 extra tick for slippage. And second target is +30. That way , when my first target is hit, i am then careless. then marked can do whatever it like to do, if i stops me at -6, then i will just reenter, only if the trade still looks good.

SO when i sell my first contract i have basicly removed my risk and i am just all relaxed, and nothing can bother me :D

If i was doing 4, i would do the same, sell 2 at +10 and rest at +30 and stop would be at -6 after first target is hit.

And nother thing, i am no longer using +30 ticks as my stops, im using 20 now, since marked is alot calmer now,and 20 ticks is enough so far, unless the marked gets very volatile. This method gets you in at the support and resistace areass, so if its a failed trade, u will most likelt get stopped either way, so i am happy with 20 tick stops so far, when the vix is no higher that 60 , i do 2o tick stops, if its above 60 i do 30, if its above 70, i consider stop trading until it comes does.

If i forgot something and if u dide not understand something , then let me know and i will try to explain.

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

I i do 2, i sell 1 at +10, and then i have my stop get automaticly at -6 my entry, taht way if the trade goes back up i will not loose anything and it will cover my comiision and 1 extra tick for slippage. And second target is +30. That way , when my first target is hit, i am then careless. then marked can do whatever it like to do, if i stops me at -6, then i will just reenter, only if the trade still looks good.

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

I guess i set the trailing stop at: when price up +10/move stop up 14 (from -20 to -6).

Are you thinking of moving to the S&P mini's when your account has grown to where you feel comfortable doing so, or are you happy staying with the YM?
I'm backtesting this on the AEX (Dutch index), which is very volatile, just to test it.
Not trading it with 8K margins these days :cry:

Bashir,

How (if at all) do you alter your targets dependant on volatility?

Also, have you considered altering your targets / stiops based on actual volatility at each point, during the day - maybe using the standard deviation of a recent period?

Cheers,
UTB

I guess i set the trailing stop at: when price up +10/move stop up 14 (from -20 to -6).

Are you thinking of moving to the S&P mini's when your account has grown to where you feel comfortable doing so, or are you happy staying with the YM?
I'm backtesting this on the AEX (Dutch index), which is very volatile, just to test it.
Not trading it with 8K margins these days :cry:

When u get your target at +10, then just put your stop at -6 behind your entry point.
I am gonna see how this day folds out, things got alittle more volatile yesterday, if it goes higher i will consinder taking the day of.

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

Bashir,

How (if at all) do you alter your targets dependant on volatility?

Also, have you considered altering your targets / stiops based on actual volatility at each point, during the day - maybe using the standard deviation of a recent period?

Cheers,
UTB

Well blades, i am a big fan of removing risk as soon as possible even though it means givng the trade less chance to work, but it seems to work for me.

If i was using 30tick stops i would then do first taget at +15 and second target at + 45.
Basicly i try to keep my risk to reward these days to 1/1.And after i get my first target i do the same , but this time put my stop at -12 behind the entry point.That way i cant loose, even if the trade goes against me.

I dont fell comfortable with changing targets and stops while trading, i like the idea that i know my stops and my targets all the time, it just fell less stressfull to me. It might not be the best way, but i prefer it that way.

I mainly use the vix chart, if it gets to 65 i would consider doing 30tick stops, if its 60 or below i would do 20 tick, nothing spesific, but i have noticed that my 20tick stops seems to hold if vix is below 60 and if i execute the trade the right way, it will be more ten enough , but whenever i jump the gun its a bigger chance of getting stopped.

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

Fair do's Bashir- what works for you and all that - and it clearly does.

Just that following the FTSE has less than half the volatility in pts, yet a 5 pt stop would miss a large part of most moves I see.

Anyway, I'll keep tracking.

Thanks for your input.

Cheers,
UTB

Last edited:

Buy less then normal size, but execute the trade in similer way as if both 10 and 30 was up.As writen, you only buy at the 50expon if only 10 is up and 30 is down and 3 is down.

Price goes up and down on waves, and when price is going up and u are doing a pullback, you will be able to get around 3 good pullbacks, but after those 3 pullbacks price willrest for a little and maybe do alittle sideways action, its always like that. Does not mean u cant do any more trades, reason i am saying this is that most ofthe time the 10min slow stochastics at that time is getting pretty overbought and you are in the
risk of doing a 4 or a 5 pullback and suddenly 10 min could cross down and u are trapped, in those cases u will for sure get stoppped, i dont see any reason to risk that.

You should of course follow the rules and take the signals that pressent themsefl, but reallife trading is not that simple.Simple explenations is this, when all the rules are in the green and u are looking for longs, buy that time, 10min stochastics is halfway up, and buy the time u get 3 pulpbacks 10min stochastics is pretty overbough and u are in a
high risk area of getting trapped, imagine u have done 3 pullbacks, and u do a 4, while on the 4, 10min crosses down? Its just no reason why u should risk that, i think that quite while the game is sweet, and there are many other good trades waiting for you either way. I would rathre win 3 times and no loosser, then win 3 times and get stopped and give profits back, and its not good for the selfconfidence, and that is very importent in trading.

For me to think that a change in trend can accure , then the 50expon ma and 100expon ma need to be sideaways as a minimum, if price then goes up i could consider this to be a new direction, but NEVER if 100expon ma and 50expon is slopping down and price going up.But if price is going up and both 50expon and 100 expon ma are slopping up, then i would be pretty confidence about the price direction.but these things can change pretty fast, so its something you have to keep an eye at.

If u look at the historie, u will almost never find places where price have changed direction and 100expon ma and 50expon are slooping down.Thats very rare.

5. When you enter a new trade with your "normal" size position do you buy or sell 3 contracts at one time with a 30 tick stop? So if you are stopped out you take a $450 loss (30 ticks x $5) x 3 contracts.Yes, i always buy 3 at once, and ifiget stopped i take a
loos of 450 usd. I know alot of people like scale up buy, but most of time u will miss the trade, u might get 1 contracts and dont get filled at the 2 other higher up.
But i prefer getting in with 3 at once, i do see the benefits of buying 3 and scaling up.
But that i leave up to the individual trader, i prefer going all in at once.

These days i only do 2 contracts , i like odd numbers, like 2 and 4 and 8 and 16.Reason is as follows.

SO when i sell my first contract i have basicly removed my risk and i am just all relaxed, and nothing can bother me :D

If i was doing 4, i would do the same, sell 2 at +10 and rest at +30 and stop would be at -6 after first target is hit.

And nother thing, i am no longer using +30 ticks as my stops, im using 20 now, since marked is alot calmer now,and 20 ticks is enough so far, unless the marked gets very volatile. This method gets you in at the support and resistace areass, so if its a failed trade, u will most likelt get stopped either way, so i am happy with 20 tick stops so far, when the vix is no higher that 60 , i do 2o tick stops, if its above 60 i do 30, if its above 70, i consider stop trading until it comes does.

If i forgot something and if u dide not understand something , then let me know and i will try to explain.

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

Thank you Bashir for taking the time to write down these detailed explanations.

-Simon

When u get your target at +10, then just put your stop at -6 behind your entry point.
I am gonna see how this day folds out, things got alittle more volatile yesterday, if it goes higher i will consinder taking the day of.

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

Bashir,

Just to clarify what you mean by trailing stop placed -6 behind entry point:

eg.
Sell 2 at 8800
Buy stop placed at 8820

Market moves down and you Buy 1 at 8790
You then adjust buy stop to 8794
Market moves down more to 8770 and you close out final short.

If you moved -6 behind original entry of 8800 (or 8806) you would still be risking 6 ticks so I assume you mean in front of your entry or 8794, right?

Bashir,

Just to clarify what you mean by trailing stop placed -6 behind entry point:

eg.
Sell 2 at 8800
Buy stop placed at 8820

Market moves down and you Buy 1 at 8790
You then adjust buy stop to 8794
Market moves down more to 8770 and you close out final short.

If you moved -6 behind original entry of 8800 (or 8806) you would still be risking 6 ticks so I assume you mean in front of your entry or 8794, right?

When my first target is hit at +10 would se myt stoploss at 8806.
I am risking 6 ticks, but remeber that i just got +10 on my first target, so even if i risk 6 ticks, i cant loose. If this was a good trade, it would not reach 8806, if it does reach my stop and takes me out, then i would take that as a bad trade and choppy marked.

Thats my take on it.

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

When my first target is hit at +10 would se myt stoploss at 8806.
I am risking 6 ticks, but remeber that i just got +10 on my first target, so even if i risk 6 ticks, i cant loose. If this was a good trade, it would not reach 8806, if it does reach my stop and takes me out, then i would take that as a bad trade and choppy marked.

Thats my take on it.

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

Thanks Bashir, that clarifies it perfectly.

One quick question about the 10min stochastic, when it is clearly up and you are waiting for a price retracement to go long sometimes it seems that as the price is retracing the 10min stochastic lines start to come together (like they might cross) creating a point as opposed to staying apart. Is this ok or a signal to possibly pass on the trade? I know if they start to hook down you pass.

By the way how are you trading today so far?

Thanks again!

Thanks Bashir, that clarifies it perfectly.

One quick question about the 10min stochastic, when it is clearly up and you are waiting for a price retracement to go long sometimes it seems that as the price is retracing the 10min stochastic lines start to come together (like they might cross) creating a point as opposed to staying apart. Is this ok or a signal to possibly pass on the trade? I know if they start to hook down you pass.

By the way how are you trading today so far?

Thanks again!

When that happens and the lines on the 10min looks like crossing, i would wait for the retacement, but dont buy it there, i would then have a buy stop right above the last top, or over the 89expon ma on the 89tick if price is below, that way if that is a failed retracemtn i will not get hurt, and if it holds then price wil raly back up and fill me and hopefully give me my targets, but in those case i like to have the 30min on my side as well .But for new players with less capital, i would

I dide not trade today because of very simple reaon, there is a holiday or something liek that regarding the second world war 2 and there are almost no institusjonel investor in the exchange and very few traders as well, that means alot of chop and my trading method does not do well then .

And another reason to stay away is the volatility index, its above 60 and stops are huge , so 20 or 30 tick stops will be easly hit, i would rather wait a day and safe my capital.And another thing, bonds where also closed, so another reason to stay away.

I hope you guys dident trade today, was a really crazy day and stops very high and nothing seems to work.

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

When that happens and the lines on the 10min looks like crossing, i would wait for the retacement, but dont buy it there, i would then have a buy stop right above the last top, or over the 89expon ma on the 89tick if price is below, that way if that is a failed retracemtn i will not get hurt, and if it holds then price wil raly back up and fill me and hopefully give me my targets, but in those case i like to have the 30min on my side as well .But for new players with less capital, i would

I dide not trade today because of very simple reaon, there is a holiday or something liek that regarding the second world war 2 and there are almost no institusjonel investor in the exchange and very few traders as well, that means alot of chop and my trading method does not do well then .

And another reason to stay away is the volatility index, its above 60 and stops are huge , so 20 or 30 tick stops will be easly hit, i would rather wait a day and safe my capital.And another thing, bonds where also closed, so another reason to stay away.

I hope you guys dident trade today, was a really crazy day and stops very high and nothing seems to work.

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

When VIX is above 60 don't you generally use 20 tick stops? And when VIX above 65 you use 30 tick stops? Or you are saying it's best not to trade with this method when VIX is over 60?

And another reason to stay away is the volatility index, its above 60 and stops are huge , so 20 or 30 tick stops will be easly hit, i would rather wait a day and safe my capital.

Hey Bashir,

Thanks for the tip. Silly question but where exactly do i get my hands on the volitiliy index? Where/how do you check it?

Keep up the good work (y)

Cheers
JWG

It's WWI (Fisrt WW, 1914-1918) remembrance. BBC

Had the charts up for two hours tonight. It takes a lot of patience to wait for the 30min to get over the EMA, but when it does, it is good to see you have al the indicators behind you. A nice 200 points in 1 trade, alas, only on paper. but indeed insanely choppy. (n)

Nice system, might try to automate it (if you don't mind) to compliment the other strats I have, kinda interested to see to what extent different systems give (roughly) the same trades.

Limewire AND mu torrent? Seems a bit greedy...sure it's all for legal downloads though :p