Here is the way i daytrade the Emini-YM

Hey smoodi, i am using sierracharts as u noticed, and i am using their level 4 package that cost 25usd pr month, the life feeed i get directly from my platform that is from infinityfutures, sierrachars have a function where u get the live feed from the infinity platform, so ur monthly expenses are just 25usd , and the platform is free.

U should check out their site, i am using their transact platform, i recommend you use that, good execution and fills. And they have good roundtrip prices, its 5usd pr roundtrip pr contract.

Sierra Chart - Financial Market Charting and Trading Software
Infinity Futures

Hope this helps,and thanks for the kind words smoodi

With regards
Bashir Naimy

Bashir,

I am on the Sierra Chart website and it does not mention the live feed from infinity futures? Sierra Chart - Supported Data and Trade Services

This Sierra website looks dodgy... are they legit?

JWG, the Infinity provides data feed to the TransAct Trading Platform. Here's the link.

Sierra Chart - TransAct Futures

Thanks onlooker....(y)

Downloaded sierra charts with transact feed and execution... looks real sophisticated which is what i was chasing... i'm going to give this demo a real good look over... i'm new to all this and i'm just trying to get my bearings.... i need to figure out what markets the contact codes actually represent...

Thanks again for your help.

cheers:D

Last edited:
Bashir,

Could you look at the example charts attached. I'm interestyed in defining when the stoch is "pointing" or "hooking up".

Clearly there are times when this isn't questionable, but it's turning points I'm interested in.

The first chart (hook - ignore the 1 mion chart on the left) shows the slow line horizontal, but the fast line cutting through and going down.

The 2nd chart (hook2) has the slow line going down,just, and the fast line starting to hook up.

You might argue "if in doubt, stay out", but how would you call these? I suspect to get all indicators lining up, there'llbe a lot of these examples.

On a seperate note-could you post some pivot value from your charts with a time stamp - that way I can calculated which bars they are being calculated from.

Cheers,
UTB

Attachments

• hook.jpg
    hook.jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 406
  • hook2.jpg
    hook2.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 329
Bashir,

I am on the Sierra Chart website and it does not mention the live feed from infinity futures? Sierra Chart - Supported Data and Trade Services

This Sierra website looks dodgy... are they legit?

Yes m8, they are legit (y)

They only provide the software, and when you isntall it you choose transact as your provider, and there you just use your infinity futures login information.Before it would work you need to have the platform from infinity futures installed, and then sierra will tap into that and get the live feed.Very simple and powerfull.

Their site is kinda **** and very difficuly to nagivate,but they are 110% legit, i got that recommended from infinity futures, and i am loving it:D

ps: will post video today, had another pc crash when i tryed to record it again :cry:

With regards
Bashir Naimy

Bashir,

Could you look at the example charts attached. I'm interestyed in defining when the stoch is "pointing" or "hooking up".

Clearly there are times when this isn't questionable, but it's turning points I'm interested in.

The first chart (hook - ignore the 1 mion chart on the left) shows the slow line horizontal, but the fast line cutting through and going down.

The 2nd chart (hook2) has the slow line going down,just, and the fast line starting to hook up.

You might argue "if in doubt, stay out", but how would you call these? I suspect to get all indicators lining up, there'llbe a lot of these examples.

On a seperate note-could you post some pivot value from your charts with a time stamp - that way I can calculated which bars they are being calculated from.

Cheers,
UTB

Hi blades, the first chart is going nicely up , and the second is going nicly down and have nice spacing betwen the lines . As long as they have crossed thats enought for me to say if its up or down, but when sometimes the two lines are almost glued together and u cant almost not tell if they are crossed up or down, those times i recommend you stay out , and when the spacing betwen those two lines are very very little, then i stay out, the more spacing the better, cause spacing indicates momentum in that direction.

On that second picture, u see that area where the two lines are almost glued together, those time i dont do ****, i just wait it out and see what it wants to do, and as you can see on price that price just dident reallydo that much when it was liek that , basicly there was no momentum on either direction, and it just whent sideways, but when it got some spacing u see it starts to move again.

The other thing is that,i never take the trade before its above all resistance and support, and by that time it have had time to resolve itself.

I can imagine stochastics can seem to be kinda unreliable since they can fake you out, but since i am using it with my moving averages and the different timeframes the price is at such a point that its pretty much committed in taht direction by the time i do take it.

If you would tell me to just trade the stochastics with nothing else then just a 50ma and 1 timeframe, that would seem like suicide to me, cause i would never know what it would do next, maybe cross down right after it crossed up.I think the edge is to use it together with a method and have things to comfirm the move up.I think the it all lyes in the different time frames, but thats my own personal belife :eek:

So in short, as long as the two lines are crossed and have spacing betwen the lines i would say thats its going either up or down, but using it just like that with 1 timeframe i would never do.Use it different timeframes and voila, u would be alot safer.

When it comes to the pivots i dont know what you mean with timesstamp?
I can show you the pivots on my chart, but how do i do the timestamp thingy, sorry for not being much help there, pretty green:eek:

Hmm im typing to much again, let me know blades if u got me ?

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

Attachments

• stoch.jpg
    stoch.jpg
    364.1 KB · Views: 404
Hmm im typing to much again, let me know blades if u got me ?

Bashir,

Great stuff - cleared the stoich bit up (you reference "slow stroichastics only",whereas I would call it the slow and the fast - but it's just terminology - if the cross defines it then I'm clear, thanks).

Re the pivot's - almost there - you can see from the values that they must be calciulated from a much wider range=- I'm presuming the previous day - to finally nail it, could you confirm if those numbers remain the same during the trading day?

Thanks again for all your efforts here,

Cheers,
UTB

PS - performing nicely on the FTSE this morning, which is a more sociable index for me:p

Bashir,

Great stuff - cleared the stoich bit up (you reference "slow stroichastics only",whereas I would call it the slow and the fast - but it's just terminology - if the cross defines it then I'm clear, thanks).

Re the pivot's - almost there - you can see from the values that they must be calciulated from a much wider range=- I'm presuming the previous day - to finally nail it, could you confirm if those numbers remain the same during the trading day?

Thanks again for all your efforts here,

Cheers,
UTB

PS - performing nicely on the FTSE this morning, which is a more sociable index for me:p

Hey m8, the numbers are the same the entire day.
And i am also considering trading ftse myself, kinda getting tired of trading th Ym in the middle of the day, dont have any social life anymore lol :)

OR else i need to move down to usa :eek:

You have a wonderfull day m8 and a profitable one (y)

With regards
Bashir Naimy

Bashir,

Another one, sorry.....

Let's say the stoch is popinting up, very clearly, but the 2 lines stay close together (no gap) - would you consider this on side?

Cheers,
UTB

Bashir,

Another one, sorry.....

Let's say the stoch is popinting up, very clearly, but the 2 lines stay close together (no gap) - would you consider this on side?

Cheers,
UTB

I would consider it but only if there is another stochastics also going in that direciton,If 10 was like that as u mention, i would only go long ONLY if alsos the 30min stochastics was up, otherwise i would stay out.Cause when those 2 lines are that close, they can fake you out very easy.

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

Video on trading

Dear Bashir,

I know you hve prepared two three video on trading and uploaded them on Utube.

since my connection is nit that much fast for seeing it live, O would prefer to download the same and view it Offline. Can u give upload the same to some file sharing site and send me the link.

thank u

with regards

Pulimath

Dear Bashir,

I know you hve prepared two three video on trading and uploaded them on Utube.

since my connection is nit that much fast for seeing it live, O would prefer to download the same and view it Offline. Can u give upload the same to some file sharing site and send me the link.

thank u

with regards

Pulimath

Hi pulimath, what i recommend you do is you download realplayer.When you go to youtube there will be a button u can click and realplayer will download that video for you.
I dont have that much time on my hand to start uloading the video to other filesharing sites, i barely have time to upload what post here on youtube, and uploading is very timeconsumming my friend.

Even with a slow connection you can stil watch youtube videos, just give it time to load first, if you really want me to upload this into some otherfilesharing site, then please let me know where i can do that, i dont have the time to start looking for one, i hope u understand that .As soon as you find me a place wherei can upload it , i will do so.

Wiht kind regards
Bashir Naimy

Questions

Hi Bashir,
I read your post and find it very informative and promising for newbies like me. Congrats on all the success and thanks for sharing this with us.
I have a quick questions, I trade stocks only and want to know if this system works well with high priced, large cap, high/low volatile stocks (for example AAPL) , or the low price, large cap, high/low volatile stocks (MSFT)? I hope i have been clear.
from the dynamics of this system it seems like this will work well with low volatile stocks - which mean momentum is carried forward for longer times and would require smaller stops.

Please advise.

thanks

Hello Bashir, just want to pop in and say thanks for this very informative thread, gr8 stuff.
Too much to read all in one day, only on page 10 but plowing thru it this weekend for sure.
Just started down the long and winding road to master emini's, as i don't want to give up day job yet, so playing S&P is good way to start. FDAX would be my next target, once i can handle the margins.
Anyway, very helpfull and very well explained and great questions by theblade. THANX!

Hello Bashir, just want to pop in and say thanks for this very informative thread, gr8 stuff.
Too much to read all in one day, only on page 10 but plowing thru it this weekend for sure.
Just started down the long and winding road to master emini's, as i don't want to give up day job yet, so playing S&P is good way to start. FDAX would be my next target, once i can handle the margins.
Anyway, very helpfull and very well explained and great questions by theblade. THANX!

Hi Willem, good to hear that you like the thread.

I just made another attempt at making my final video, but my software camstudio dont like it when i do a 30min + video, it just goes bananas and crashes on me.

If anyonne else know of a good deskop recording software let me know please, this is my 4 attemp and talkong and talking for 30min and it crashes :cry:

If its not freeware, it dont matter, i would pay for a good software.

Will give it another try today, just need to get my voice back :cry:

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

Hi Bashir,
I read your post and find it very informative and promising for newbies like me. Congrats on all the success and thanks for sharing this with us.
I have a quick questions, I trade stocks only and want to know if this system works well with high priced, large cap, high/low volatile stocks (for example AAPL) , or the low price, large cap, high/low volatile stocks (MSFT)? I hope i have been clear.
from the dynamics of this system it seems like this will work well with low volatile stocks - which mean momentum is carried forward for longer times and would require smaller stops.

Please advise.

thanks

Hi jokepie, i have not tryed it on stocks but i dont see anyreason why i will not work on that to, but do it on a simulator first to comfirm it first.But from my point of view it should work perfectly there.

But i recommend you wait for my last video , it will go true all the rules and explamples of trades and how to look for and more insight into the method. And this is the final and best method that does take care of a few issues that i have had with the old ones.

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

If anyonne else know of a good deskop recording software let me know please, this is my 4 attemp and talkong and talking for 30min and it crashes :cry:

If its not freeware, it dont matter, i would pay for a good software.

Wouldn't you have trouble posting a 30min video on youtube?
Can always host them somewhere for people to DL i guess.
Camtasia Studio is very good, but not for free.

Hi jokepie, i have not tryed it on stocks but i dont see anyreason why i will not work on that to, but do it on a simulator first to comfirm it first.But from my point of view it should work perfectly there.

But i recommend you wait for my last video , it will go true all the rules and explamples of trades and how to look for and more insight into the method. And this is the final and best method that does take care of a few issues that i have had with the old ones.

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

Thanks you so much , i will try it forst on a simulator.
Would you recomend using button trader to have this strategy implemented to exit and scale out of positions as markets are very volatile and would be a good idea to reduce human element to manage stops and exit orders.
here's the link to button trader, hope you will find this usefull ButtonTrader - Day-Trading front-end - - IB frontend - direct access trading of stocks, futures and options around the World - TWS frontend - Trading frontend - Front End for IB

Thank you for the guidence - will need more for sure.
will wait for the next video - I guess you can break 30 min videos in each of 8-9 minutes to host them in Youtube - just a suggestion.

Many thanks
Joker

Wouldn't you have trouble posting a 30min video on youtube?
Can always host them somewhere for people to DL i guess.
Camtasia Studio is very good, but not for free.

I belive as long as its below the 1gig level i think its ok, either way , i am done with the video and i am uploading it as we speak, finaly it worked.

Gonna take 1 hour or so to upload it.

This will be the final revision of the system , no more changes will be made, and i dont see how i can improve on this anymore, this system basicly take cares of everything in my opinion, besides marked news :cheesy:

Stay tune, will post it today.

With regards
Bashir Naimy