Here is the way i daytrade the Emini-YM

Hi Bashir,

While waiting for a pullback to the 15ema on the 1min chart sometimes it doesn't pullback all the way to the 15ema and you miss the trade. I know you can use the 89tick chart 15ema but you need to wait for the 1min stochastic to be up (at least for part 1 of the trade setup).

Can you use the 15ema on the 89tick chart without the 1min stochastic being on your side for part 2 of the trade (the pullback to the 15ema on the 1min chart) so that you don't miss the move?

Its in the rules.

Type1 trade: You take it right on the 15ema on the 89tick chart, at this trade you always need the stochsatics with you.And you exit when the 1min is getting oversold.

Type2 trade(main trade): You take the pullback to the 15ema, as long as the 3min +10 is on your side you take the trade, regardless if the 1min is going against you.

Its in the rules.

Type1 trade: You take it right on the 15ema on the 89tick chart, at this trade you always need the stochsatics with you.And you exit when the 1min is getting oversold.

Type2 trade(main trade): You take the pullback to the 15ema, as long as the 3min +10 is on your side you take the trade, regardless if the 1min is going against you.

Vit,

My point is many times you can't get into the pullback to the 15ema on the 1min chart because price never gets close enough. In these instances you will see price touch the 15ema on the 89tick chart even if the 1min stochastic is down and then price continues to rally resultung in a missed trade if you're only working off the 1min chart 15 ema.

Vit,

My point is many times you can't get into the pullback to the 15ema on the 1min chart because price never gets close enough. In these instances you will see price touch the 15ema on the 89tick chart even if the 1min stochastic is down and then price continues to rally resultung in a missed trade if you're only working off the 1min chart 15 ema.

Hi Santana,

In his video's he say's that you have to put your order 5 ticks below the EMA price, so you do get a fill. Was your order filled then?

Sebastian

Hi Santana,

In his video's he say's that you have to put your order 5 ticks below the EMA price, so you do get a fill. Was your order filled then?

Sebastian

Hi Sebastian,

When going long wasn't it 5 ticks above the 15ema so that you have a chance to get in? If it went below the 15ema you'd have to wait and see if it broke the 50ema and if it held you would wait for the 1min stochastic to turn up again and take part 1 of the trade off the 15ema on the 89tick (the scalp) then wait for a pullback to the 15ema on the 1min chart making sure the 3min stochastic was still with you.

Sometimes the price never gets to within this 5 tick range of the 15ema on the 1min chart (might be 10 ticks higher than 15ema for instance) and then you miss the move.

Hi Sebastian,

When going long wasn't it 5 ticks above the 15ema so that you have a chance to get in? If it went below the 15ema you'd have to wait and see if it broke the 50ema and if it held you would wait for the 1min stochastic to turn up again and take part 1 of the trade off the 15ema on the 89tick (the scalp) then wait for a pullback to the 15ema on the 1min chart making sure the 3min stochastic was still with you.

Sometimes the price never gets to within this 5 tick range of the 15ema on the 1min chart (might be 10 ticks higher than 15ema for instance) and then you miss the move.

Do you have a screenshot? I could take a look at it and give my opinion about this problem...

~Sebas

Do you have a screenshot? I could take a look at it and give my opinion about this problem...

~Sebas

Thanks Sebastian,

I haven't figured out how to do this yet. Do you need a program or is there some command used?

Thanks Sebastian,

I haven't figured out how to do this yet. Do you need a program or is there some command used?

Press Alt-PrtSc (printscreen). (this copies the current window to clipboard)
Open Paint (Start->Program->Accessories->Paint)
Pres Ctrl-V (pastes the clipboard)
Then save the image in Paint.

This is my first post, and I feel that I must use it to say thank you to the author of this thread. The amount of help you've provided is much appreciated! The world needs more of this kind of kindness and generosity.

I'm using this strategy on the ES (without the VVA indicator, though) successfully. I am using Think or Swim as my trading account/platform. Think or Swim doesn't have the Volume Value Average in it's set of studies which leaves me wondering; how important is the VVA? Is there a substitute I could use?

Again, many thanks to everyone in this thread!

Regards,
Chris

Hi Bashir,

Sorry to ask you again, but the question was not answered (and I understand it... it is amazing how you get the time and the good will to answer all).

The plataform I use to trade does not offers me a tick chart. What can I do to make your setup usefull?

Regards

Jordao

Hmm well, if the software you are using does no offer tickchart, i would first consider not using that software, cause tickcharts are pretty basic stuff that most softwares have.

But if you dont have it , what i suggest you do is :

1:Add a 5ema on a 1min chart and put a buy limit 2 ticks above it to get into a move early as you would with a 89tick chart. Thats the closest you can get.

If someone else have a good idea about how to solve this then please let us know:D

I must have missed your question Jordao, otherwise i would have answered it, there are alot of post to go true, so i sometimes miss a couple,i hope you dident get offended :?:

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

It seems the original GMMA indicator uses the following Ema's:
Short term Ema 3, 5, 8, 10, 12, 15
Long term Ema 30, 35, 40, 45, 50, 60

The one described in the link we have on this thread uses:
Short term Ema 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13
Long term Ema 21, 24, 27, 30, 33, 36

Anyone know why the one mentioned in this thread uses alternate moving averages? Is the one we're using focused more on short term trading?

Yes, the reason the why the original ema are longer is because its not supposed to be used on intraday trading, its more for longerterm trading. Its basicly trendfollowing.

If you use the longterm on intraday trading you will not get the results you want, it will be to slow.

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

See attachment.

Text is in the attachment.

All signs were green. Took a 89 tick retrace short! I was only at max 9 ticks above my entry, after that it went straight down. Was also looking at the GMMA and was also down...
Could have gone short at the 15 EMA on the 1 min but was to happy with my first trade.

at one time (doubt trade) i was not so conviced, can you take a look at it?
1,3 min were overbought, would you have taken the trade?

Thanks again Bashir

ps2. Bashir, when looking at the pivots it seems that the purple line has not so much influence as the green and the red one. What is your opinion about it?

I would taken both trades, and both trades where looking very good.
Reason why i would not worrie about the overbough condition is because the lines on the 3min and 1min have good spacing, and that means the marked is rallying and there is momentum.SO great trades both of them.

If the lines dident have that good spacing then i would be more carefull and maybe stayed out.

When it comes to the pivots i find the purple to have more resistance/support then the otherlines, but it all depends, sometimes it the red and green that are the good support and resistacance, i dont really have a good answer tothat annswer to be honest with you.:confused:

But always keep an eye on the pivots, but if everythng is pointing up, then the pivots are almost evertime broke, unless stochs are overbought or oversold.

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

Hi Sebastian

I am not sure "Good Entry 1" followed the rules for 89 tick entry, because the 1 min was against you and also oversold. (Coincidentally, i think you could take a trade on 1 min retracement)

Perhaps Bashir can clarify.

Thanks, I think it's very helpful to compare daily action like this!

The first trade he was into that trade alittle to early, but the risk was not that high, if you notice the 15ema onthe 1min chart was pretty close as welll, so that trade was good.But maybe 2mins to early, but it was a ok trade since there was good resistance on the upside onthe 1min. IF he waited he would most likely get a similer fill and nothing would have been changed.

Alittle to early, but otherwise nicely executed.

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

I saw in Bashir's video that he was the settings from 09:30:00/16:30:00
I don't know why he has the last 30 min in his chart because spot market closes at 15:59:59 and the future market stops 15 min after the spot, 16:14:59 ad then the future market is closed.

Maybe he can clarify that?

You can use the following times

Start: 09:30
End : 16:15

Evening session time(you need to get right pivot numberS)

Start:18:00:00
End :23:59:59

I the video i posted 16:30, but that is not correct, it should be what i just wrote above here.

Reason its 16:15 and not 16:00 is because even though the marked is closed at 16:00 there are some aftermarked trades done until 16:15.

A friends of mines broker told me this and he recommended this , thats why i am using this.

With kind regards
BAshir Naimy

To Laserwolf and Bashir

For ''good entry 1'', can we agree that the 1 min is going against you (and is also oversold)? That would be against the rule:

Quote:

When to enter:

1:
If 1min, 3min charts stochastics are up, buy at the 15 EMA on the 89 tick chart.
~When stochastics on the 1 min. looks heavy/crossing down, exit position.

It's true Laserwolf, i don't know if Bashir has overlooked the 1min?
But all other stoch were down, we were below 30 min pivot and market looked weak. So i would suggest it was a good trade?

here is the link to the attachment:

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/attachments/day-trading-scalping/44008d1228245781-here-way-i-daytrade-emini-ym-good-entry1.jpg

The price so close to the 1min charts 15ema so it was valid trade, there was little risk of going higher, so hence a good trade ;)

If the distance was bigger to the 15ema i would then wait and take it onthe 15ema on the 1min instead. Marked was pretty calm at that moment, and was a calm move i belive, so distance is usualy not that big betwen the 89tick and 1min charts 15ema.

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

Congrats. Fantastic thread :clap::clap::clap:

100.jpg

lol, just notced, post nr 800 in this thread, let's make it 1K

WOW 100 pages, i would not in my wildest dreams that it would go this far :cheesy:

Bashir Naimy

Hi Bashir,

While waiting for a pullback to the 15ema on the 1min chart sometimes it doesn't pullback all the way to the 15ema and you miss the trade. I know you can use the 89tick chart 15ema but you need to wait for the 1min stochastic to be up (at least for part 1 of the trade setup).

Can you use the 15ema on the 89tick chart without the 1min stochastic being on your side for part 2 of the trade (the pullback to the 15ema on the 1min chart) so that you don't miss the move?

I suggest you use a 10ema instead of the 15ema if you want to get into the trade earlyer, i know sometimes i does not retrace to the 15ema, so 10 ema will be easyer to get hit, you will get filled faster, but if the trade goes against you around 10 ticks then stay cold and just stick to the trade.

But 10ema on the 1min chart will definitly get you in earlyer.

With kind regards
Bashir naimy

Hi Bashir,

Use instead a 10ema on a 1min chart, dont do it on a 89tick then when the 1min is against you. Use the 1minchart with 10ema instead of a 15ema.

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

Its in the rules.

Yes, you take it regardless if the 1min is against you.If you wait for the 1min then you will be to late in the trade and your stop will be really bad placed and marked needs to go alot lower to get ur targets, and u dont always get it then.

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

This is my first post, and I feel that I must use it to say thank you to the author of this thread. The amount of help you've provided is much appreciated! The world needs more of this kind of kindness and generosity.

I'm using this strategy on the ES (without the VVA indicator, though) successfully. I am using Think or Swim as my trading account/platform. Think or Swim doesn't have the Volume Value Average in it's set of studies which leaves me wondering; how important is the VVA? Is there a substitute I could use?

Again, many thanks to everyone in this thread!

Regards,
Chris

Hi Chris, thanks for the encouringing words.

The VVA is good to point out the places marked is finding support and resistance, and you will stay out when its just chopping around that file.

I posted a new indicator that is called guppy moving average, i use this now to see when marked breaks or when its trending, so VVA is not needed if you are using this new indicator, it will tell youwhen marekd is chopping and when price is actualy moving up or down.

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

Made around 380tick with 2 cars yesterday and 360 today with 2 cars.

Using the normal method in combinattion with the guppy moving averages, whenever price breaks out from a range, i use the 1minchart to enter at the 15 ema and i sell first at +10 and then stop at -7 and then i trail the last until the first yellow lines hits the first possible green line.

Withdkind regards
Bashir Naimy