Help: is too late to start a trading Career?

Cyclist87

Hey guys,
I really need someone's suggestion, I am pretty stuck. My situation is the following:
On October 2011 I got my Master Graduation in Finance, during the years at Uni I liked to play with paper trading and investments. After graduation I accepted a job as Assistant fund manager in a very small company and I spent a lot of free time studying technical analysis and reading a lot of books ( I had no time to read during UNI).
After some months of paper work and macro research, my boss found that I could have been good in Futures short term trading (1 day, max 2 but better not keep overnight). I started with simulation and now I do it with real money.

Now I am at this point, I like day-trading and I am doing my best to learn as much as possible, but I feel left alone. My boss is focused on Stock-picking and long-term strategies and always tells me that day-trading is not his stuff. Furthermore I cannot work properly on trading since I have to fulfill also some daily bureaucratic duties that prevent me from concentrating on the market. For example, in the evening, I can't review all my files and prepare stuff for next days because there are all the executed deals and so on... Actually, summarizing I feel frustrated, so I was thinking to try to apply for firms like Optiver or Tibra, do you think is it too late for me? Do they hire only just graduated?

I would appreciate any tips from someone that has more experience on the subject....

Cheers!