hello again

driven

i joined this forum a while back with intentions to master the markets....after some time off im back.

my question is, am i better off spread betting from an account at home or security of a job at an investment bank?

for all you forum members that either trade or spread bet from home, are any of you making huge gains?

would be great to have insight

best

driven

i joined this forum a while back with intentions to master the markets....after some time off im back.

my question is, am i better off spread betting from an account at home or security of a job at an investment bank?

for all you forum members that either trade or spread bet from home, are any of you making huge gains?

best

driven

Very few people make any gains, let alone large ones, even though their posts on the forum may have you believe otherwise...Anyone who is making huge gains certainly wont be wasting time giving advice of posting on this forum...judge for yourself.

Very few people make any gains, let alone large ones, even though their posts on the forum may have you believe otherwise...Anyone who is making huge gains certainly wont be wasting time giving advice of posting on this forum...judge for yourself.

Yes, I agree that most forum posters do not make huge gains. Most do not even trade for a living, of course there may be exceptions. Instead of asking others how they generate profits, I would recommend that you do your own work and find out how it is done.

Hi driven,
Welcome back!

What I'm about to say is a generalisation, so there will be exceptions. That said, I suspect strongly that anyone who is able to get a job at an IB would - if only for the experience of witnessing first hand how the pros operate. So, if this avenue is available to you then, all other things being equal, I suggest you bite their arm off at the ankle and go for it!
;)
Tim.

best

driven

Regardless of comments, I do take money out.

Balancing that, and I'm 81, at no time would I have considered this other than a pastime. Frankly, I'm not good enough, or confident anough, to consider paying off a mortgage and buying the kids clothes. I'm pensioned off and pass some of the time trading because I like it. I take money out for holidays, Christmas, etc, so I'll never accumulate great amounts.

You go out and get a good job. That's the most profitable.