Heads Up - ETX 100 quid

gamma, I see you traded mainly Cable. do you just focus on 1 pair, what timeframe charts do you trade from ?

Wall street on announcement. I got filled at the bottom of the spike after two failed sell attempts. Serves me right for punting lol.

TF

OK. Can you call me on 020 7392 1455 and we'll get this resolved. I won't have slippage applied if it's unnecessary, it's one of my major gripes and something that I want ETX Capital to become known for.

Rob.

ETX Capital is actually surprisingly good; and i'm someone who is especially pessimistic when it comes to markets that aren't exchange traded :)

Thumbs up (Y)

gamma, I see you traded mainly Cable. do you just focus on 1 pair, what timeframe charts do you trade from ?

Advfntrader,
The trades were a combination of breakouts fib analysis and support and resistance the time period was from 5 min to 4 hr, the object of the exercise was to show that with good planning and execution and concentrating on one pair the objective can be achieved.

well traded. as I mentioned I got to £190 then blew up with stupid trades chasing losses

Stop punting and find a method that seems to win 50% and that will make more than 2:1 winners, keep the losses small, winners large and be PATIENT an hopefully in month or two you'll have a decent bank in there. Gamma showed you it's possible.

Advfntrader,
The trades were a combination of breakouts fib analysis and support and resistance the time period was from 5 min to 4 hr, the object of the exercise was to show that with good planning and execution and concentrating on one pair the objective can be achieved.
Gamma, what do you normally trade? What are your markets? Is Forex a norm for you?
Was your approach to ETX, the same approach you normally apply to your trading?

Cheers x

Gamma, what do you normally trade? What are your markets? Is Forex a norm for you?
Was your approach to ETX, the same approach you normally apply to your trading?

Cheers x

Hi GladiatorX,
I only trade forex, farmyard includes cable, euro/usd,usd/cad,eur/gbp,usd/jpy and usd/chf.

The broad principles were the same the reason for only trading cable on the ETX account was to demonstrate that concentrating on one pair can be very productive.
I was also limited in how much effort and time I could give to this endeavour due to other trading commitments.
I also want to point out here that I am not some trading Guru, anyone can do what i've done. Just hard work patience and most important of all Planning your trade and trading your plan.
Good luck to all who are still in the contest.

Hi GladiatorX,
I only trade forex, farmyard includes cable, euro/usd,usd/cad,eur/gbp,usd/jpy and usd/chf.

The broad principles were the same the reason for only trading cable on the ETX account was to demonstrate that concentrating on one pair can be very productive.
I was also limited in how much effort and time I could give to this endeavour due to other trading commitments.
I also want to point out here that I am not some trading Guru, anyone can do what i've done. Just hard work patience and most important of all Planning your trade and trading your plan.[/COLOR]
Good luck to all who are still in the contest.

He's right. One out of three doesn't cut it :)

Worst day ever. Almost blew up my account by 1) cutting too quickly 2) letting winners turn to losers 3) revenge/over trading 4) deviating from plan or throwing plan completely out of window

Gonna be a task to see if I can even salvage this so it could be game over :s

TF

OK. Can you call me on 020 7392 1455 and we'll get this resolved. I won't have slippage applied if it's unnecessary, it's one of my major gripes and something that I want ETX Capital to become known for.

Rob.

Gotta say to Rob from ETX that the customer service seems to be very good and courteous. Only had the acc opened for less than a week. Once opened the free money was in there straight away. Had probs on applying for acc because I've not long been back in the uk, so not on electorate roll etc. All sorted out though with minimum of fuss over the net by sending a few docs across.
Main reason for post is to applaud the ETX guys for the charting software. Excellent use of the IT charts. They do have the usual alternative java crap charts that everyone else has, but the less said about them the better.
Have been running their IT charts alongside cmc's and the real time version from pro real time this week. Result being that ETX win.
CMC charts take a little getting used to now they do the in house version which looks a lot like it is based on IT charts in any case, minus a few chart settings that are missing and the very bad mistake of only giving you bid or ask settings. No mid price setting, and yes, it does make a difference.
IG index use the same IT charts that ETX are using of course, but upset a LOT of people by charging a fee each month to use their 'good' charts. Okay you get it back with just 2 trades per month. But not acceptable really. Made me think of 'audit massaging' so they could flog the company off at a better price.
My only gripe with ETXs' charts is that you cannot set your own x hours time.
Have had no probs with feeds or order delays, and setting stops first negates any need for messing about afterwards.

For me. Because of cmc's charts being adequate, but not good enough. (All I really need is a true price feed and either candles or bars and the ability to choose my own time frame). (Having the chart update before the price feed would be excellent, but can't see that happening). LOL! And IG's lack of providing decent charting now.
(Yes, I know the reason why they started charging. Do you think it really makes a jot of difference to their bottom line each month, over the millions they rake in? If I want to look at a chart for a month or two before trading, then that is my prerogative surely). but because of the aforementioned and a lot of things that haven't been mentioned. Regardless of what happens to the 100 quid for trying out ETXs' software, I will be moving the bulk of my trading over to them. As long as they keep up the good service and there are no software 'trading' issues.
Excellent stuff guys... Now about those tighter spreads...

Should also mention that trading fx with the proreal time fees is not worth paying for because it doesn't make any difference seeing as there is no central exchange to gather the data. (Do they all use the same source?)
It didn't make a lot of difference (to me) with dax futures etc. Charts were slightly different to cmc's but that has to be down to the bid v mid feed.
You have access to level 2 order book and depth of market etc with a few other bells and whistles and flashing lights. But you never get a 'true' book anyway because of the 'pulling' before execution etc. Okay if you can guess and read the book I suppose. All it did for me was to give me a blinding headache.

How is Mick Mills keeping by the way?

Gotta say to Rob from ETX that the customer service seems to be very good and courteous. Only had the acc opened for less than a week. Once opened the free money was in there straight away. Had probs on applying for acc because I've not long been back in the uk, so not on electorate roll etc. All sorted out though with minimum of fuss over the net by sending a few docs across.
Main reason for post is to applaud the ETX guys for the charting software. Excellent use of the IT charts. They do have the usual alternative java crap charts that everyone else has, but the less said about them the better.
Have been running their IT charts alongside cmc's and the real time version from pro real time this week. Result being that ETX win.
CMC charts take a little getting used to now they do the in house version which looks a lot like it is based on IT charts in any case, minus a few chart settings that are missing and the very bad mistake of only giving you bid or ask settings. No mid price setting, and yes, it does make a difference.
IG index use the same IT charts that ETX are using of course, but upset a LOT of people by charging a fee each month to use their 'good' charts. Okay you get it back with just 2 trades per month. But not acceptable really. Made me think of 'audit massaging' so they could flog the company off at a better price.
My only gripe with ETXs' charts is that you cannot set your own x hours time.
Have had no probs with feeds or order delays, and setting stops first negates any need for messing about afterwards.

For me. Because of cmc's charts being adequate, but not good enough. (All I really need is a true price feed and either candles or bars and the ability to choose my own time frame). (Having the chart update before the price feed would be excellent, but can't see that happening). LOL! And IG's lack of providing decent charting now.
(Yes, I know the reason why they started charging. Do you think it really makes a jot of difference to their bottom line each month, over the millions they rake in? If I want to look at a chart for a month or two before trading, then that is my prerogative surely). but because of the aforementioned and a lot of things that haven't been mentioned. Regardless of what happens to the 100 quid for trying out ETXs' software, I will be moving the bulk of my trading over to them. As long as they keep up the good service and there are no software 'trading' issues.
Excellent stuff guys... Now about those tighter spreads...

Should also mention that trading fx with the proreal time fees is not worth paying for because it doesn't make any difference seeing as there is no central exchange to gather the data. (Do they all use the same source?)
It didn't make a lot of difference (to me) with dax futures etc. Charts were slightly different to cmc's but that has to be down to the bid v mid feed.
You have access to level 2 order book and depth of market etc with a few other bells and whistles and flashing lights. But you never get a 'true' book anyway because of the 'pulling' before execution etc. Okay if you can guess and read the book I suppose. All it did for me was to give me a blinding headache.

How is Mick Mills keeping by the way?

Options

Thats encouraging. Thanks very much.

Rob.

Worst day ever. Almost blew up my account by 1) cutting too quickly 2) letting winners turn to losers 3) revenge/over trading 4) deviating from plan or throwing plan completely out of window

Gonna be a task to see if I can even salvage this so it could be game over :s

Have you ever thought about starting a hedge fund?

Guaranteed stops (At no extra charge)?

Options

Thats encouraging. Thanks very much.

Rob.

Rob
Shortsandlongs can guarantee you do not lose more than your deposit. Can your firm guarantee likewise?