Heads Up - ETX 100 quid

treason!
gordon-brown_swastika.jpg

i wanted to close profit position for 3rd times and it still telling me trade timeout!

Last edited by a moderator:
Move your stop closer and take the hit for -5 of your profit, keep trailing.

We should have a bit of fun with this free £100 ETX thing and have a little competition :)
First one to £1000 or something; Unless someone has already massively grown it?

Christ- What a **** platform.

At best we can all have some guilt-free gambling, with additional guilt when we lose £100 and feel bad that we now know our entire motive for trading is to gamble. But high 5, because we didn't lose any money!

Last edited:
was only sayin. thought you was responding to gladiatorx's challenge

Im down to 125 after a bad day today. only started tuesday. It's more seeing if I can eep it alive for me ;)

was only sayin. thought you was responding to gladiatorx's challenge

Im down to 125 after a bad day today. only started tuesday. It's more seeing if I can eep it alive for me ;)

What on earth are you talking about.

You said gamma's account was 700...implying that 300 was sh!t :)

Now quit making it up as you go along...

Gentleman lets not let this thread develop into some sort of competition and slanging match.
A 300 pound return is simply excellent as is 125.
The only reason I posted my account was to show that it was possible to trade a small amount and make it grow, the emphasis being on discipline and hard work.
The problem with getting into any sort of competition is it makes you take unnecessary risk and lose your sense of discipline which is the whole emphasis of being a trader.

lets try to be a bit more constructive!

Gentleman lets not let this thread develop into some sort of competition and slanging match.
A 300 pound return is simply excellent as is 125.
The only reason I posted my account was to show that it was possible to trade a small amount and make it grow, the emphasis being on discipline and hard work.
The problem with getting into any sort of competition is it makes you take unnecessary risk and lose your sense of discipline which is the whole emphasis of being a trader.

lets try to be a bit more constructive!
Opened account on Friday; @ £207.
Going to try grow it to £1000+ through waiting very patiently for setups i'm very certain about :) Competition will make many traders become impatient to impress; for those that have the disclpine and have practiced to manage their patience, its on :)

Heehee, £700 gamma! Impressive :) What are you trading in the account?

Opened account on Friday; @ £207.
Going to try grow it to £1000+ through waiting very patiently for setups i'm very certain about :) Competition will make many traders become impatient to impress; for those that have the disclpine and have practiced to manage their patience, its on :)

Heehee, £700 gamma! Impressive :) What are you trading in the account?

Good to see the debate has taken a turn for the better.
Some good points have been pointed out by your good self about Patience and discipline, At this point I owe counter violent a public apology, when he mentioned about dangerous points being made by some on this thread, People with less experiene would be drawn into taking more risk and no doubt suffer some fallback.This is what he meant ,For those who feel they have the necessary discipline and Patience the competition will no doubt enhance their trading performance.
I have taken my profit and closed my account with ETX as I have proved the point I set out to.
I am too involved with other aspects of my trading.

Good luck to all who continue.
P.s Traded cable as it I think this pair is best for T.A

Last edited:
Its more a question of how good your entry is, I don't actually like tight stops if you time your entry correctly you really should not have to worry about tight stops.

I'm still struggling with the logic of your statement. Do you care to elaborate?

I'm still struggling with the logic of your statement. Do you care to elaborate?

stops shouldnt be a huge part of your trade because it doesn't have to be a perfect entry as exit is more important, so at least you know if your entry was a little off your stop can give price a little room

stops shouldnt be a huge part of your trade because it doesn't have to be a perfect entry as exit is more important, so at least you know if your entry was a little off your stop can give price a little room
Are you seriously saying that exit is more important than entry? Sometimes reading this forum is like being in the twilight zone.