Heads Up - ETX 100 quid

The fun thing about replies is trying to work out who has actually put real money on the line and who is still waiting to pull the trigger.

Are you seriously saying that exit is more important than entry? Sometimes reading this forum is like being in the twilight zone.

no but im saying that entry doesnt have to be perfect and that a wider stop allows for a little error

no but im saying that entry doesnt have to be perfect and that a wider stop allows for a little error

You are right. But gamma said "Its more a question of how good your entry is, I don't actually like tight stops if you time your entry correctly"

If he said you go with the "correct general direction" I wouldn't disagree. But he said "time your entry correctly" - if you time it correctly, you're hitting it pretty much to the pip. If you miss by 10 pips, you haven't timed it correctly. So if you time it correctly, logically you only need a stop big enough to cover the spread. So why you need a large stop is a contradiction.

You are right. But gamma said "Its more a question of how good your entry is, I don't actually like tight stops if you time your entry correctly"

If he said you go with the "correct general direction" I wouldn't disagree. But he said "time your entry correctly" - if you time it correctly, you're hitting it pretty much to the pip. If you miss by 10 pips, you haven't timed it correctly. So if you time it correctly, logically you only need a stop big enough to cover the spread. So why you need a large stop is a contradiction.

well i'm saying this as if there is a trend in place because you can average down with a bad entry in a trend...but that's another issue.If you're in a sideways s/r situation then your stop placement should be obvious if you're playing bounces of s/r

correct general direction.
I wouldn't disagree
logically you only need a stop big enough to cover the spread

These are the statements of a debator!

Do I trade?:LOL:
Masquerade,
When you post an account like I did, earlier on please feel well within your rights to berate and argue with us
I always try to be polite and decent and explain to anyone who questions me.
Your questons from the begining have been cynical , pontificating and rude
I do not belive you are a trader and hence see no point in debating or answering you.
In short I do not like you and will not enter into any furher discussion with you.
You are welcome to have the last word on this subject

Good to see the debate has taken a turn for the better.
Some good points have been pointed out by your good self about Patience and discipline, At this point I owe counter violent a public apology, when he mentioned about dangerous points being made by some on this thread, People with less experiene would be drawn into taking more risk and no doubt suffer some fallback.This is what he meant ,For those who feel they have the necessary discipline and Patience the competition will no doubt enhance their trading performance.
I have taken my profit and closed my account with ETX as I have proved the point I set out to.
I am too involved with other aspects of my trading.

Good luck to all who continue.
P.s Traded cable as it I think this pair is best for T.A

No need for any apologies gamma and well done on showing what is possible:)

Just to be absolutely clear about what I was saying...the 100 quid that ETX credit the account with...is not the maximum that could be lost...that was the risk I was referring to.

Masquerade,
When you post an account like I did, earlier on please feel well within your rights to berate and argue with us
I do not belive you are a trader and hence see no point in debating or answering you.
In short I do not like you and will not enter into any furher discussion with you.

You go girl.

ODL offering £200 free cashback on losses if anyone wants to hedge these accounts.

Masquerade,

Hey.....I asked a simple question and you got all personal. Now you've shown yourself up to be a bit of a bell end for getting so defensive. By the way, your profit is impressive BUT, you have to see that you're also somewhat fortunate to have not blown up your account in the early stages too.

I don't care if you think i'm a trader or not, my 20%/month would argue contrary but i've got no reason to enter into a dick-waving contest especially with people like you. I can't reply any more as i've got some atoning to do. Peace.

Am I the only person giving money back when the platform start acting up.

Its not the best platform I would not use it for any serious trading.

Strangely I experienced the opposite of what you seem to be experiencing It was giving me a better return as compared to my MT4 platform.
Hope it changes around for you.

Am I the only person giving money back when the platform start acting up.

Aaron, if it starts going funny my advice would be to get your stop to a good point, hopefully in profit, or close the trade and wait until the platfom works again.

so what if you miss a profit, there will e another, you also missed the chance of a big loss!

Yeh I'm gonna start closing it.

Tbf I think its something to do with the data feeds at the US open rather than blatant rip but eyes open eh ;)

Hi All

I'm sure you're all aware that theres been some problems with our charts lagging prices the past few days. This then impacts on the published price we show so there have been occassions when we have needed to put our rates on 'call'

Obviously, this is the last thing an online trading company wants to do and we've had a full quota of tekkies working to find a solution. There is no bigger priority than getting our published rates live and dealable again as quickly as possible.

Hopefully we have found the fix and the problem will be no more.

Aside from the past few days, I hope that you're having a positive experience on the platform, we've certainly tried hard to come to market with a product that is usuable.

I've posted replies on a couple of threads on T2W previously to answer questions about ETX Capital. As this is a relatively new platform there have been plenty of suggestions made from the members here about ways to improve the site and some questions about our product range and business rules that I have answered.

If you have any questions, fire away and I'll respond to each of them.

Rob.

Whats causing the lag? It happens almost every day.

TF

It happened far more often than was acceptable thats for sure.

We're pretty certain that we've identified that problem and that everything should now be back to speed. They coped with UK GDP this morning and that's encouraging.

Problems like this are notoriously difficult to isolate, which is why at various times each spreadbetting company will experience problems similar to the ones we've just had.

The important thing is identifying the problem and getting the service back to the level where you as clients would expect it to be as quickly as possible.

The dealing desk here is open 24 hours a day and the dealers are happy to take instructions over the phone if you ever experience problems again. I understand that that isn't necessarily the answer if you only deal on line, but in an emergency at least you have something to fall back on.

Fingers crossed though, it's fixed.

Thanks for the question.

Rob.