Heads Up - ETX 100 quid

Rob
Shortsandlongs can guarantee you do not lose more than your deposit. Can your firm guarantee likewise?

Neil

The quick answer is no.

It is something that we are are considering introducing in time, our new platform has barely been live little more than 5 months.

We introduced our platform at the stage where we felt we were good enough to compete with the other companies in our sector. It was never intended to be the complete, finished version. We are constantly working on improvements and updates and have had quite a few new releases since we launched with added improvements to both the functionality of the platform and the products avaliable on it.

Clearly no one can come to market with a product that has 100% of the functionality that 100% of the user base will want. At our stage of product development the priority is on recognising what is key and what is going to be most useful to most of our clients. It's horses for courses, our research showed us that most spread betting clients want tight, fixed spreads and fast execution and that's where we have concentrated initially on. The bells and whistles will follow in due course if our clients demonstrate that they need them

I'm not going to criticise the areas where other companies don't match up to our offering, but you have compared us to a company that doesn't quote FX 24 hours, has a customer service desk open for only part of the day and quotes spreads that are not as tight as ours. ( note to Goose... not criticising you at all )

Spreadex, Shorts and Longs, Goose - they all have plenty of their own great points and clients that deal there i am sure are happy. But my point is there isn't one spread betting company that ticks ALL the boxes - yet :)

Thanks for the question.

Rob.

Knew there was something fishy here after looking at charts from other posters.

The scale in the x-axis isn't consistent. Throws trend lines out of whack. Sneaky sneaky.

Knew there was something fishy here after looking at charts from other posters.

The scale in the x-axis isn't consistent. Throws trend lines out of whack. Sneaky sneaky.

:LOL:(n)

Charts look OK to me, Price is still going to go up or down no matter where you draw a line.

Sure you're not clutchng at straws for your losses MR Malins??

No I was just wondering why my chart looked a bit different to others that were posted. It's no big deal but it does make a difference to diagonals

Maybe, but a trend line is not an exact science so a slight difference shouldn't realy matter.

Think of it as a zone, not a thin line

Do ETX not use IT Finance who are the same people who supply the charts for IG INDEX?

Gamma

Yes, our charts are provided to us by I.T Finance who also provide charts for IG Index as well as others.

It's important to note though that OUR charts are based on the mid of OUR published prices and are therefore not necessarily identical to IG and/or others. You would however reasonably expect the different market making companies chart prints to be similar to each other (within the spread).

We offer 2 types of charts free to our clients, a Light Plus chart and an Advanced chart. Please feel free to call our customer service desk if you would like us to explain the differences.

Thanks for the post.

Rob.

Gamma

Yes, our charts are provided to us by I.T Finance who also provide charts for IG Index as well as others.

It's important to note though that OUR charts are based on the mid of OUR published prices and are therefore not necessarily identical to IG and/or others. You would however reasonably expect the different market making companies chart prints to be similar to each other (within the spread).

We offer 2 types of charts free to our clients, a Light Plus chart and an Advanced chart. Please feel free to call our customer service desk if you would like us to explain the differences.

Thanks for the post.

Rob.

Hi Rob,
Yes I do not find any great differnce to be worried about.
I don't scalp so do not worry about insigificent variences. All in all I think you guys at ETX offer a good platform and service

P.S I do not work for ETX as Rob will confirm if required.:)

Only just seen this thread!!

It's very strange how people have completely different experiences of the same company. I've been a client of Tradindex (now ETXCapital) for about 6 years, so I wasn't eligible for the free £100 :( I also use CMC.

I used to love CMC, when they had excellent charts, but now that their charts are crap, I am no longer a fan.

I think ETXCapital are excellent. Their customer service is exemplary. On my laptop their Advanced Charts lag very slightly, but that could be a function of me needing more RAM!! They now send me an email for EVERY trade that is opened, closed or amended, which I just delete. (The trade history is also stored on the platform itself). I love the fact that all orders with a trade are cancelled if you close a trade manually at market (unlike CMC).

My biggest gripe (which I have complained about repeatedly to no avail) is the fact that some of the charts DO NOT WORK AFTER MARKET HOURS. I trade the Dax, and I like to do market analysis etc on weekends, like NOW!! However, the Bid/Offer prices are zeroised, thus the charts will not function at all, and an error message appears if you try to invoke the chart. The Wall St. and FTSE Daily prices are also zero, which means these charts won't work either.

ETXCapital are the only company (to my knowledge) where some charts only work during market hours, and are not available on weekends for review and analysis. The annoying thing is, I used to subscribe to ProRealTime, and their charts DO work on weekends and after market close midweek.

Why is the bid/offer price zero after market close?

It's very strange how people have completely different experiences of the same company. I've been a client of Tradindex (now ETXCapital) for about 6 years, so I wasn't eligible for the free £100 :( I also use CMC.

I used to love CMC, when they had excellent charts, but now that their charts are crap, I am no longer a fan.

I think ETXCapital are excellent. Their customer service is exemplary. On my laptop their Advanced Charts lag very slightly, but that could be a function of me needing more RAM!! They now send me an email for EVERY trade that is opened, closed or amended, which I just delete. (The trade history is also stored on the platform itself). I love the fact that all orders with a trade are cancelled if you close a trade manually at market (unlike CMC).

My biggest gripe (which I have complained about repeatedly to no avail) is the fact that some of the charts DO NOT WORK AFTER MARKET HOURS. I trade the Dax, and I like to do market analysis etc on weekends, like NOW!! However, the Bid/Offer prices are zeroised, thus the charts will not function at all, and an error message appears if you try to invoke the chart. The Wall St. and FTSE Daily prices are also zero, which means these charts won't work either.

ETXCapital are the only company (to my knowledge) where some charts only work during market hours, and are not available on weekends for review and analysis. The annoying thing is, I used to subscribe to ProRealTime, and their charts DO work on weekends and after market close midweek.

so why not open an IG account and get pro real time for free (so long as you place a couple of trades a month)? You could, for example, trade oil separately from your other trading...

I agree that the platform works well - and so do the charts, apart from the missing bits. But how about narrowing the spreads, Mr ETX, which are currently twice as wide as available elsewhere on major indices?

so why not open an IG account and get pro real time for free (so long as you place a couple of trades a month)? You could, for example, trade oil separately from your other trading...

Thanks for this, it sounds like a neat solution. Without looking I'll assume that IG don't zeroise their prices when the market is closed....

..hopefully this time next week I'll be able to review my charts like anyone else!!

:D:D:D:D