Heads Up - ETX 100 quid

I agree that the platform works well - and so do the charts, apart from the missing bits. But how about narrowing the spreads, Mr ETX, which are currently twice as wide as available elsewhere on major indices?

I do agree to some extent, some SB companies will give you a 1 point spread on the Dax instead of 2, but not many. Also, most companies on the Dow will give you 3-4 point spread but ETX is 5. I did have a long conversation with them about this, and one of their arguments is that, apparently, their target market are high net-worth, swing and long term traders where 1-2 points is not important. Like most SB companies, they don't like scalpers.

I do agree to some extent, some SB companies will give you a 1 point spread on the Dax instead of 2, but not many. Also, most companies on the Dow will give you 3-4 point spread but ETX is 5. I did have a long conversation with them about this, and one of their arguments is that, apparently, their target market are high net-worth, swing and long term traders where 1-2 points is not important. Like most SB companies, they don't like scalpers.

I don't think SB providers can afford to be so fussy about their clients, because most of them depend on a stream of new mugs blowing small accounts. By having such wide spreads (5pt on the Dow is ridiculous) it's hard to see how ETX will attract new business.

bluetipex, i'm confused as to why you say you can't open a chart at weekends? i can see them ok, am i being my usual dim self and completely missing your point :confused: :?:

have you a green or silver account mate ?

Last edited:
Thanks for this, it sounds like a neat solution. Without looking I'll assume that IG don't zeroise their prices when the market is closed....

..hopefully this time next week I'll be able to review my charts like anyone else!!

:D:D:D:D

Yes mate, just back in from kids footy/swimming/shopping activities and looking at IG/pro real time now, looking at where I could have improved on last weeks/month performance (whilst watching new episoses of Sponge Bob..)...:)

I would rather eat my own excrement than take up ETX's £100 offer, so I guess they need to work on their marketing a bit if they're after high net worth traders.

If they have high spreads it suggests that they're after clients that don't know what a good spread is.

I would rather eat my own excrement than take up ETX's £100 offer, so I guess they need to work on their marketing a bit if they're after high net worth traders.

If they have high spreads it suggests that they're after clients that don't know what a good spread is.

They're only after punters really. A lot of these spread bet companies won't take large positions (with the exception of IG really), there's more money in pulling in the punters for them.

Why wont you accept £100 free. All ya gotta do is trade NFP might walk away a lot better off. Cant lose. I took £85 out of them in 10 minutes will never use them again. Free money. If you prefer to eat sh*t seems a bit perverse.

What ETX offer is a good opportunity to test them for free.
Very good for new traders and to be honest, the platform is not bad either, I manged to walk away with 685 pounds.
Definately worth a punt.

Yeah, what a crowd of barstewards they are, giving punters £100 for nothing. I'm intrigued by the reasoning here. How much free money would they have to offer before you considered changing your diet?

Yeah, what a crowd of barstewards they are, giving punters £100 for nothing. I'm intrigued by the reasoning here. How much free money would they have to offer before you considered changing your diet?
I don't see any free money, all I see is an opportunity cost.

George Soros doesn't have a paper round does he?

I don't see any free money, all I see is an opportunity cost.

George Soros doesn't have a paper round does he?

Im sure he wouldn't have said no to it, if he thought it could help him eventually own the paper ;-)

The net sentiment on this thread seems to be positive towards ETX Capital.

Having recently opened an account with ETX I will make my own mind up.

Anyway, a free £100 credit is ok by me and my attitude is that if you can't cut it with £ 100, then you probably aint gonna cut it at all.

The net sentiment on this thread seems to be positive towards ETX Capital.

Having recently opened an account with ETX I will make my own mind up.

Anyway, a free £100 credit is ok by me and my attitude is that if you can't cut it with £ 100, then you probably aint gonna cut it at all.

The minimum trade size with ETX is £1pp. You have little chance ''cutting it'' with just £100. After all a 100 tic/pip draw down and your out, game over.

The minimum trade size with ETX is £1pp. You have little chance ''cutting it'' with just £100. After all a 100 tic/pip draw down and your out, game over.

That would involve poor trading, of which I am not an advocate.

Besides, you can trade at 50p per point on major currency pairs.