Have i found the holy grail

And many find the journey really boring and a pain in the ar*se but still manage to get to their destination.

The sad ones are those who find the journey really boring and a pain in the ar*se but never arrive at their destination.

TBH I think he realised that his strategy was ignoring active market times and over reliant on sl for exit.

Thats what I noticed about the first call anyway, entry was 1.5hrs too soon, trade exit was late due to reliance on stop loss exit.
Everyone should use stops no question, personally I never rely on them for exits, they serve one purpose - to stop a heavy loss due to technical problems or otherwise.

TBH I think he realised that his strategy was ignoring active market times and over reliant on sl for exit.

Thats what I noticed about the first call anyway, entry was 1.5hrs too soon, trade exit was late due to reliance on stop loss exit.
Everyone should use stops no question, personally I never rely on them for exits, they serve one purpose - to stop a heavy loss due to technical problems or otherwise.

I actually use trailing stops for most of my exits. It helps remove some of the emotion involved and has given me better results than discretionary exits (I still use those sometimes though).

I actually use trailing stops for most of my exits. It helps remove some of the emotion involved and has given me better results than discretionary exits (I still use those sometimes though).
Fair point, no hard & fast rules, just whatever works for you :)

A very bold statement to say but give me a chance to prove it.
I have come up with a little system that is giving me spectacular results.
The system is so easy even i find it hard to believe how it gives you the pips on a plate most trading days just for the taking, it is so easy it does not even play with your emotions the reason for this is because of its accuracy.
First of all i do not expect people to believe me without live results.
I will try to post trades on here just before they occur, it will not be easy in a fast flowing market but i will try.

A little taster for yesterday 19th March
eur/usd 2 trades with 25 trailing stop 88 pips
gbp/usd 2 trades with 30 trailing stop 200pips
brent 3 trades with 50 trailing stop 466pips

Would you like to put me to the test? :smart:
u r a liar the Grail is Mary

The concept of the Holy Grail in trading is something that all new traders emotionally aspire to, largely out of ego, imho. That said, I have seen something pretty darn close.

Years ago I was working in the dungeons of a famous bank. I was lucky enough to get sent on the bank's in-house trader training course. The course was given by an elderly Polish chap who had worked for the bank all his life. He was the most senior trader without being a manager and was revered in the division. He was now being kept around to do training and proprietary trading when he felt like it. He felt like it almost every day.

When I got back to my cave, I was naughty. I took advantage of privileges to access his trading records. I was consumed for weeks by what I found. This chap turned an average daily profit of £10k - and in the 2 years of records that I could get, had only had 2 losing days.

I could not fathom his entry and exit strategy at all. It seemed totally random to me. Sometimes he would only buy and sell once in a day, but 90% of days he traded twice - all at different times of the day. He rarely went short. He seemed to only trade one of 4 instruments in a day. 2 instruments in 1 day happened occassionally.

His position size was always the same (he had a million quid of the bank's money as his daily clip). Some days he never traded, but I couldn't access the HR system to see his attendance records.

I have always been puzzled and impressed by his record and style. I've never conclusively solved how he did this. He had over 40 year's trading behind him.

Not the perfection that so many set their sights on, but the excellence that actually makes money.

I agree, it is not the perfection that we all originally set our sights on, but the mental concentration using an excellent system that actually makes money.
Get 'on chart' indicators that show direction.
Get 'under chart' indicators that show divergence.
Draw trendlines and trade with the direction.
This is how I do it - see attachment. But use only indicators YOU understand.
Regards.
George

The concept of the Holy Grail in trading is something that all new traders emotionally aspire to, largely out of ego, imho. That said, I have seen something pretty darn close.

Years ago I was working in the dungeons of a famous bank. I was lucky enough to get sent on the bank's in-house trader training course. The course was given by an elderly Polish chap who had worked for the bank all his life. He was the most senior trader without being a manager and was revered in the division. He was now being kept around to do training and proprietary trading when he felt like it. He felt like it almost every day.

When I got back to my cave, I was naughty. I took advantage of privileges to access his trading records. I was consumed for weeks by what I found. This chap turned an average daily profit of £10k - and in the 2 years of records that I could get, had only had 2 losing days.

I could not fathom his entry and exit strategy at all. It seemed totally random to me. Sometimes he would only buy and sell once in a day, but 90% of days he traded twice - all at different times of the day. He rarely went short. He seemed to only trade one of 4 instruments in a day. 2 instruments in 1 day happened occassionally.

His position size was always the same (he had a million quid of the bank's money as his daily clip). Some days he never traded, but I couldn't access the HR system to see his attendance records.

I have always been puzzled and impressed by his record and style. I've never conclusively solved how he did this. He had over 40 year's trading behind him.

Not the perfection that so many set their sights on, but the excellence that actually makes money.

Attachments

• t2w.gif
    t2w.gif
    30.3 KB · Views: 279
How do you use those indicators? As in, how do they help you? I mean everything those indicators indicate can be seen on the chart already. Or do you have a strict 'rules' based system that relies on those indicators lining up?

How I used it was to enter when I believed the direction was confirmed by using the black diagonals to get low risk entries. My preference was sometimes for safer trading as those shown as it was with the direction and other times to trade against the current trend when perceived reversals presented themselves, but everyone has their own way of trading. Sometimes it is easy to see trades setting up whilst other times it is hard. Patience is a virtue in trading.
Regards
George

Hi George,

How are things ?

Paul

Hi Paul,
Good thanks, I have an MT4 template that is outstandingly good if you'd like it.
Chart indicators give price direction, indicators give momentum/divergence and chart trendlines give entries.
I asked a coder to do a higher timeframe alert for me regarding the direction of the upper timeframes but sadly he has let me down.
How are things with you?
Regards
George

Last edited:
How's this for an un/Holy Grail?

If you've been losing money, it means your system doesn't work. (I'll ignore Mind and Money for now.)

So why not do the opposite of what you would have done. Can't be any worse, could it?

:)

If you've been losing money, it means your system doesn't work. (I'll ignore Mind and Money for now.)

So why not do the opposite of what you would have done. Can't be any worse, could it?

If you're that desperate, why not just give up and go stack shelves.